collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: For Victory Against Depression  (Read 1642 times)

Offline LilliumStargazer

• Beginner
Re: For Victory Against Depression
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 10:50:12 pm »
Many many prayers for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and I hope everything goes okay for you!

Offline Lita45

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 03:14:17 am »

Prayers

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 01:48:28 pm »
Prayers. I have depression too, although different symptoms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty

Abstract artist in textiles and oil pastels
http://anitamorris.net/
Cards and Prints by Demai

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 07:11:02 pm »
Prayers

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Capra

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 12:49:43 pm »
Many *hugs* and well-wishes to you.

Nekhtet!

Offline Tamiwi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »
Em Hotep Tjemsy,

So many people battle with depression and anxiety that I considered it one of the worst "epidemics" among so many people. I am not one of those people to tell someone to just continue to slog through their day when they are battling depression. The day, the routine, it doesn't work. It won't break through the sadness. Telling someone they need to shower and get out of bed is like telling me to smile in the middle of the day or in the middle of a thought. Or like telling an insomniac just to "close their eyes and sleep". I'm reminded of the Home Movies episode where Coach McGurk is like, "wow, close my eyes and go to sleep. I never thought of that. Just go to sleep. You're a genius, you should publish a book!"

However, what I can tell you to try try try to do is feed your Ka. Take self-care. Be kind on yourself. Be gentle on yourself. Take your mental health day and do one thing for yourself, no matter how great or how small; be it time with a book, a computer game, our Discord to vent, call someone, reach out to someone on social media, do senut, go for a walk, anything anything anything. I cannot stress the importance of contacting something *good* simply for the sake of something positive in times where you feel this bad. Have someone else give you something good (as I have seen there are offers) if you can't do it yourself. (which is okay). My prayers are with you, and my heart is with you too. But always remember: be gentle. <3
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

Offline Tjemsy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 05:55:36 pm »
Em Hotep Tjemsy,

So many people battle with depression and anxiety that I considered it one of the worst "epidemics" among so many people. I am not one of those people to tell someone to just continue to slog through their day when they are battling depression. The day, the routine, it doesn't work. It won't break through the sadness. Telling someone they need to shower and get out of bed is like telling me to smile in the middle of the day or in the middle of a thought. Or like telling an insomniac just to "close their eyes and sleep". I'm reminded of the Home Movies episode where Coach McGurk is like, "wow, close my eyes and go to sleep. I never thought of that. Just go to sleep. You're a genius, you should publish a book!"

However, what I can tell you to try try try to do is feed your Ka. Take self-care. Be kind on yourself. Be gentle on yourself. Take your mental health day and do one thing for yourself, no matter how great or how small; be it time with a book, a computer game, our Discord to vent, call someone, reach out to someone on social media, do senut, go for a walk, anything anything anything. I cannot stress the importance of contacting something *good* simply for the sake of something positive in times where you feel this bad. Have someone else give you something good (as I have seen there are offers) if you can't do it yourself. (which is okay). My prayers are with you, and my heart is with you too. But always remember: be gentle. <3

Thank you for this, it is very kind. <3 I have been trying to make "fun" happen lately, so this is very relavant. Unfortunately, a combination of fatigue, depression (what even -is- fun?) and workaholic-ness has been keeping me from such. I will keep trying. ^^;

It's been 5ever, so I suppose I'll give an update. I'm much in the same position, though a bit better, now. I'm able to work 6 or so hours fairly consistently, though I do sort of just die when I get home. I narrowly missed a job opportunity that I reallyyyy wanted, because I tried working full time for just one day and couldn't handle it. It's an unending medication battle for me, trying to find something that works. I'm pretty much immune to medicine; nearly everything I'm on is max'd dosage, and once upon a time when I was having back pain bad, I took 3 medications, none of which had any sort of effect whatsoever.  I'm taking a new thing now that could be promising. I'll need a dose increase, of course, but it's a solid maybe.

I'm just trying to get by day to day. Feeding myself would be great. Right now I have the strength for Hot Pockets. I'm living off Hot Pockets.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 06:58:48 pm »
I'll gladly speak with my Parents and Beloveds on your behalf :)
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline Awibemhethert

• W'ab Priest (Lay Clergy) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »
Tjemsy, as a long term user of depression medications and therapy and etc. if there's every anything I can do to support you, just let me know.

I send you many hugs.

Ibi
Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Sarytsenuwi

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 09:06:39 pm »
Continuing prayers, Tjemsy. You are strong as all get out to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Lots of folks praying for you here (and cheering you on). If there's more we can do, we're just a message away. <3
Sarytsenuwi (Standardbearer of my Two)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
𓃩𓃠|𓅃𓃕𓆏
Music | Fedw diviner | Blog

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 10:18:23 pm »
Continued prayers for you, Tjemsy!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Capra

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 06:10:44 pm »
You prayed for my dad, now I will pray for you (such as I can at this point). I wish you healing for any and all emotional trauma you have left to deal with.

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 08:14:04 pm »
Continued prayers for you Tjemsy. 
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 11:00:47 pm »
Prayers <3
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Meset Sekhmet-Hethert her Set
Meryt Heru-wer her Sobek

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 11:59:52 pm »
Continuing prayers for you. I hope things are looking up :)

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2631
  • stats Total Posts: 271770
  • stats Total Topics: 18214
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything