collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Khnum-Ra  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Khnum-Ra
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:40:40 pm »
Em hotep everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted here on the forums! For the last few months, I have been exploring and growing closer to my indigenous Ecuadorian heritage and the gods that accompany this heritage and have been pretty inactive.

I did however want to ask: Has anyone had experiences with Khnum-Ra? Are there any interactions, UPG beliefs, etc that anyone can share with me? I had an extensive dream last night and woke up with Khnum-Ra's names on my lips, but can't find much by way of anything not obvious (that he is a combination of Khnum and Ra).

I'd love some more personal, UPG related stuff about him if anyone can help.

Thanks so much!!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Khnum-Ra
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:53:43 pm »
I love Khnum-Ra!
He is a bright and kind presence. While looking through some info on him I found that he connected to Ptah, whom I have trouble connecting with.
I associate Khnum-Ra with amber, citrus, baked clay, and warmth.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 08:07:50 pm »
I love Khnum-Ra!
He is a bright and kind presence. While looking through some info on him I found that he connected to Ptah, whom I have trouble connecting with.
I associate Khnum-Ra with amber, citrus, baked clay, and warmth.

Anything like Khepera? I find Khepera to be very kind, a ray of sunshine- grinning and always laughing. He's as light as laughter and twice as warm.

Any particular moments you can think of interacting with Khnum-Ra? Or specific offerings?
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:15:36 pm »
I have never connected with Khepera myself. Sobek-Ra is my closest comparison. Khnum-Ra is very calm, kind, supportive, with a very fatherly tone. He is a creator with both hands and voice. For me there is no water involved with him. Growing things, earth, and sun are what I get from him.

I did work with clay for awhile t connect with him. I could feel his appreciation of that effort. I beaded a necklace for him that became a netjeri necklace, and it had amber with gold and jasper (sandy tones). I offer him oranges, alcohol, and nuts.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:51:32 pm »
Em hotep Rehenhersenu,

I'll second what A'aqyt said; He's warm in a dry sense. I've only met Him once, but He was dead set that "I'm Khnum-Ra, not Khnum, and you'll refer to me as Khnum-Ra". He is light and shining, but not in a laughter sense. It's more like...pure radiating joy in the things He does; which is, essentially, to create. Sort of a warm Hethert feel, but focused more on joy from creating than on joy for joy's own sake. If you've ever created something awesome out of clay, then put it in the kiln, not knowing if it will explode to bits or crack, then it comes out and it's even more perfect to you...that's the kind of joy I mean. The beauty of seeing your work finished and complete, whole and true to form.

I'm not sure how He compares to Khepera, but from my understanding with X-Y syncretic Names you are usually dealing with X acting in the sphere of Y, with the essence of Y, etc. So there might be Khepera feels if your Khepera is heavy on Ra.

Sidenote: I offered Him Sprite once (in addition to other offerings). I was thirsty and looking forward to cracking a can open after talking to Him. He decided that He wanted some "liquid sunshine in the metal thing" in the middle of everything. I tried not to argue that it wasn't sunshine, liquid or not, but it was a rather odd request that always makes me smile.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3261
  • stats Total Posts: 298690
  • stats Total Topics: 20480
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything