Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Can someone here read hieroglyphs? Is this legit?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Minpin

Can someone here read hieroglyphs? Is this legit?
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:59:23 am »
Hey guys, can someone here read hieroglyphs? Supposedly this is from the Book of the Dead: https://puu.sh/y7DrT/254074d120.jpg

Is it true or just gibberish?
Hail Anubis!

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Can someone here read hieroglyphs? Is this legit?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:33:43 am »
Em hotep,

Can't read it, but it might not help you much anyway. Those words are meant to be read up to down and it looks like there's portions of it that were cut off the up/down. Which means you probably have a rendition where someone took a picture of a portion of the Book of Coming Forth by Day, cropped it to the thickness they wanted, and stylized the characters a bit further.

I don't think it would be terribly legible, even if it does come from one of the Books.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Minpin

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:18:35 am »
Thank you for your reply!!
Hail Anubis!

Offline Kaemwaset

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:47:03 pm »
It's a cropped portion from the BOD. & the hand is in cursive hieroglyphs that looks like the Hunefer or Ani papyrii. Some of the Gods mentioned are Horus, Djehuti, Re & sinmply "the Gods." Also mentioned are "my heart," "the scales" & "born (of) the Gods." Probably from the chapter of weighing of the heart. Hope that helps :)
Courtesy is contagious!
      𓌃𓆓𓇋𓈖𓂓𓅓𓋆𓏏𓊖𓀀

Offline Minpin

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 02:42:37 am »
It's a cropped portion from the BOD. & the hand is in cursive hieroglyphs that looks like the Hunefer or Ani papyrii. Some of the Gods mentioned are Horus, Djehuti, Re & sinmply "the Gods." Also mentioned are "my heart," "the scales" & "born (of) the Gods." Probably from the chapter of weighing of the heart. Hope that helps :)

It does!!!

Thank you very much. :)
Hail Anubis!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3308
  • stats Total Posts: 299330
  • stats Total Topics: 20537
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything