Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Children or Beloveds of Min?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Anaputuwet

Children or Beloveds of Min?
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:55:22 pm »
Em hotep!!

I was wondering if anyone's been divined family to Min, or has even worked with Him at the very least. I feel a strong connection to Him for some personal reasons, and wanted to know what other people have experienced with Him! What's He like? What kinds of things has He helped you with? Why the HECK aren't there more followers of this lovely god??

Senebty!
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Tutu | Sepa
𓅃

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Children or Beloveds of Min?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:32:53 pm »
Em hotep Anaputuwet!

There's a few Beloveds of His, in various forms, but I think I'm the only really active one. I'm not sure if He has any divined children.

I'm a Beloved of Amun-Min. He's by far my most jovial Beloved, and goes out of the way to keep me from beating myself up or being too serious to the point of causing myself troubles.

He is awesome and helpful with many things, depending on His form. Most often I associate Him with growth, planning and care for ongoing projects.

Yay for new folks in the Min club!!

Senebty,
~Tabau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:39:59 pm »
I know there are some beloveds of Min. However i am not sure there are any children of his atm. But that does not mean he won't have any going forward. I think it would be wonderful to see some kids of Min or Min-______.

I connected to him once but only briefly as him, then there was a shift to Sekhmet-Min. Which is someone i had only heard about. All very interesting things though. I know Min does connect to kingship and ruling.
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:01:12 pm »
We haven't had any children of Min divined yet but that does not mean it could not happen. My only experience with Him at this point is touching His statue when it comes out for the procession at Wep Ronpet.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Anaputuwet

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:02 pm »
@TabauAmunet
Yeah I'm in the same boat with jovial Min!! He's pretty light hearted and comforting to me. A "relax and have fun, but know your boundaries" kind of guy. I understand that Amun-Min is different from Min Himself, but I do think Amun and Min are pretty similar. :) Thanks!! Senebty!

@A'Aqytsekhmet
I know there are a few beloveds of synced Min, but I strangely haven't seen any beloveds of non-synced Min. Is Sekhmet-Min that much different from Min?

@Shezatwepwawet
I'm kinda excited to eventually meet one! Or be one, if fate decides it. I always find it interesting to see how people reflect their parent gods, so I feel like getting to know a Min kid would help us understand Him a little better.
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Tutu | Sepa
𓅃

Offline Shariwepwawet

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:52 pm »
I'm tickled that last night was the first time I'd really thought of Min and now this thread pops up. He needs more attention, clearly.
Shari
Wepwawet decides for me.
Sat Wepwawet meryt Set her Ra.

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
Sekhmet-Min was very interesting. More fiery and passionate, more serious. But at that time I was dealing with a serious topic so it was appropriate, with sekhmet being an appropriate goddess. I think Min understood that the topic was delicate and pulled in someone that would be able to handle that more personally with me.
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Children or Beloveds of Min?
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »
(Sorry for the split post - I was at work.)

There are a few Beloveds of Min, not syncretized. Rayashi is the only one I know of that is still, or regularly, active. 

Amun-Min is indeed different than Min, and yet not. It is a syncretization of Amun and Min. Lots of connections to Opet and Kingship for this specific form.  Amun-Min is incredibly Min-heavy for me, and often They show up separately.

I do also have a relationship with just Min, and He is very, very jovial. (I like your description of Him! Relaxation and fun is important, but remember your boundaries.) Terribly down to earth. He's big on gratitude for the gifts from the earth. He reminds me that even the seasons take time, and sometimes for something to be truly good, it can't be rushed. Min is a little less family-friendly, content-wise, I find at times, but not to a point of excess.

Oh wow, Sekhmet-Min sounds fascinating and very intense!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:28:14 am by TabauAmunet »
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 03:03:52 pm »
For some reason my phone pointed to this in a push notification and told me it was “trending now”.  Perhaps it’s because someone needs to read it, so bump?

Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 03:09:12 pm »
Em hotep!

I love Min in general (He's one of my few "non-lineup Names" who is utterly bedecked in jewelery), but I also get a very specific Heru-Min in my Heru-wer occasionally. ^^ In this form, He's the protector of the dual shrines of upper and lower Kemet...and He's freaking fabulous.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2933
  • stats Total Posts: 285929
  • stats Total Topics: 19384
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything