Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Keeping a Journal  (Read 1469 times)

Keeping a Journal
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:52 am »
Good Evening, Everyone!

I have begun keeping a Spiritual Journal to Anubis. I've been referring to Him as "Mr. Black". I've wanted to do this for a long time, but Life and stress got in the way. Has anyone else here kept such a journal and to Whom did you choose to write to?

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Keeping a Journal
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:17 am »
Em hotep!

I used to keep a spiritual journal starting from my time as a beginner, though like you I am out of practice. It was dedicated to my Parents and Beloveds from before I even knew Who They were.

I found it incredibly fulfilling. When I put something down on paper, it was usually "answered" in some way, even if indirectly. Another communication to Netjer and my Parents, even. I felt like it completed my practice.

And it's wonderful to go back and see my spiritual journey grow and develop as well.

Senebty,
Ushedi
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."

{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, her (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|, meryt Set!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper | Fedw Diviner
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com }

Offline Lita45

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:32:25 am »
Emhotep RedFlower,

I have many Spiritual journels for Ancient Egytian Topics. I have one for practicing writing hieroglyps, I keep like a profile for each divine Neterus I am service for like epithets,any of their stories, region, etc. I would guess I made them a modern day   Birth Certificate. Lol Also, I have a journel for Old Kingdom and Middle Kingdom and Specific Dynasties and for original  Ancient Egypt prayers and hymns.Also, information on various Nomes and geography. It is very fun to me because my background is Linguistics; and I love History and Geography. I feel by doing this when I am making offerings, petitions, or just want to communicate with the Divine Neterus I am being exact and they understand because you are Speaking thier language. You will be surprised at  the fast response. Also, most of the things all have Hieroglyphics.  As I am at elementary level, I try to write these things in some form of glyphs or have glyphs on the page because the divine Neterus said their words were endowed with divine  spiritual frequency, thus speaking in  Ancient Kemetic and Writing the things in Hieroglyphics really allows one to fuse with the essence. BtW,
Divine Anubis is a Netjer that I am in service too. He is very loving, protective, and expedient in answering and a sense of humor. Much Success in your writing and may Divine Djehuti and Divine Seshet give Inspiration. Also, I have one for Ancient EGYPT Cosmology tracking the planets from when Thuban was the Pole Star and Planets and Stars the Ancients used and etc relating to this subject.

Senebty,
Lita xo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:45:16 am by Lita45 »

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
Em hotep, RedFlower! *henu*

I also keep a spiritual journal, not just for Netjer, but anything that speaks to my heart or connects in some way. I'll end up writing things down to help me meditate on it or review it later. Despite it being "open" to anything, I'm starting to notice that everything is tying back to Netjer in unexpected ways. Even things from childhood, and events that aren't "kemetic" in and of itself seem to be very much relevant now.

It feels very much dedicated to Netjer though, and They seem to chime in or ask me to elaborate, to help me get my thoughts in order. :)

It's been very helpful, and I personally love writing so it's a double win!

Senebty~
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Child of Hethert-Iusaas & Heru-sa-Aset, Beloved of Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »
Lita45,

Those are great ideas! I think I'll try some of them out! I have this giant book about Egyptian history and religious practices, so I'd like to become better acquainted with the facts. Thanks so much! :)

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:24 pm »
Em hotep!

Keeping a journal can be beneficial in a number of ways. It can help to write out one's thoughts to clear one's head, or keep a record of one's experiences to look back on in the future. Even writing a short synopsis of the day's events can be useful in observing trends -- in religious experiences and mundane ones. You may be surprised at how useful journaling can be!
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:53:02 pm »
Em hotep.

I keep a number of journals for many things, and they help me to be consistent in my spiritual practices and conscious of what I'm doing and learning.

Enviado de meu SM-G530BT usando Tapatalk

Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Miri

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 02:24:16 am »
I keep a spiritual journal that is separate from my "personal" journal, and I use it to record all sorts of things.  Often I write down UPG--things I've been "feeling" from various gods, or thoughts that I had that I thought might be leading somewhere, or messages that I think I might have received--so that I can have a record to look back on later.  This helps me to see when I was onto something and when I was looking the wrong direction, so to speak.  I also write lots of other things--thoughts about my journey with Kemetic Orthodoxy, how my Senut went, doubts, frustrations, et cetera.  Having a record later is really valuable, and lends itself well to reflection and growth.

(I'm trying super hard not to talk like my grad school applications right now, but "lends itself well to reflection and growth" might have crossed that line...  ;D)
--Miri

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »
One of the things that I have done this year and really enjoyed, was design a few notebooks/journals and had them printed and bound at Fed Ex Office.

There was the journal I made for the workshop I led at retreat. I had a blast doing that.

Then because of that, when I started working with my functional medicine coach and found the book I'd bought for tracking food reactions to be too limited, I designed my own personal "Day Log." It has 2 8-1/2 x 11 pages per day (front and back, so 4 pages to write on) with spaces for foods eaten and when, emotional states throughout the day, stress factors in a number of areas of my life (work, health, etc.), medications taken and when, blood pressure time and results, and then a whole sheet for writing about whatever I want to for that day. I had four of them printed and bound and when those are gone, I'll do a new version and print and bind a number of those. I'm already aware of things I want to add and change.

I find that having created this journal, I'm much more willing to use it to track the stuff that I really want to track, so I am actually using it daily (throughout the day).

I use the journal from the retreat workshop for more "big picture" planning and then write about my daily successes, failures, and observations in my Day Log.

My spiritual realizations and ideas are in both of these journals.
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289000
  • stats Total Topics: 19607
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217