collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 56
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Kephri / Ra  (Read 874 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Kephri / Ra
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:19:26 am »
Em Hotep everyone! :)

Recently I've been feeling a bit.. Distant from the Neteru I worship - mainly Bast and Djehuty, but also Wadjet and Heqet (not too personal with them but I think it's worth keeping a good bond with all gods). And after reading another thread here about feeling distant, I began thinking - what would the Neteru, want me to improve or change in my practice? Each day I more and more think about Khepri as the personification of Ra in the morning. And indeed, when I think of Khepri and go to my volunteering place each morning, I feel warm, encouragement, confidence and positivity.

Has anyone had experiences with Khepri? What is he like?

Many thanks ^_^
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
Re: Kephri / Ra
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:48:27 pm »
Hi Gleb,

I've only dealt with Khepri when I'm looking for help to get something going in terms of starting a new beginning or asking that a prayer/request to "become."  We end some of our prayers with "Kheperu, may it become" meaning we are asking that this request/prayer to become a real thing or help something come along to become something else.).  I have two images of him, one as the beetle and one as the man with the beetle head.   Here is a link to both Khepri and Ra if that helps?

Khepera
http://www.kemet.org/taxonomy/term/27

Ra
http://www.kemet.org/taxonomy/term/32

Hopefully a few others will also chime in.   Good question :)

Senebty!

Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
Em hotep!

I don't have a great deal of experiences or information, but I have had a recent brush with him. I bought a charm of him because I couldn't get over how pretty it was.  But I did it when I was looking for something else.  When the Charm came, I just got this firm but understanding feeling of redirection, back to what I *was* looking for. Pretty interesting to me. It felt very insightful. Almost like a teacher telling you not to doodle or write notes in class, so you can better focus on another activity.

Senebty!
Djedet
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit, Meryt her Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/ (formerly Wesir org)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:55:24 am »
Thanks everyone, I included "Khepri, may it come" today in my prayer and it felt a lot better than before.
Djedetmiwesir, yes I think Khepri indeed does have this cooling, directing or redirecting influence on people :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Tuteniaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:41:41 pm »
Em hotep Gleb,

Kephri was very present in my time as a beginner, I still hold him in high regard even though he isn't in my line up... He reminds us that every day is Zep Tepi and there's something so uplifting in that! I'm not a morning person but Kephri definitely makes me love the mornings for that reason. In my experience he's kind and wise, persistent and a good listener. I always feel that he's been a positive influence in my life, he brought me closer to other Netjeru that are in my line up (Ra for example). When I envision him, he's always in full scarab form, shiny metallic green and blue and sometimes he is dancing with joy.

This is all UPG, but that's how I feel about him. I hope you can also feel his joy to uplift you.

Senebty,

Tuteni
Tuteni
Sat Aset-Serqet 𓎬
Meryt Ra, Djehuty, her Wadjet
𓎬𓆫 𓅄𓁟𓆗
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:52 pm »
Khepra is a Beloved of mine, I find him gentle but firm.  He reminds me of a protective older brother, at least towards me.  He is the beginning of the day and signals Zep Tepi.  When I can't connect with Zep Tepi because of stress or just being down on my self, he has an encouraging word or hug.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:32:19 am »
Thanks for the replies, Tuteniaset and Temseniaset. :)

I get a lot from what you described from him as well. The inspiring energy, in the sense that every day is a new day and I should do the best I can. At the same time He's kind and encouraging.

I'm not a morning/day person either. But now I try to have a bit of balance between Solar and Lunar Netjer.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Saheru

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 08:17:42 pm »
Whenever I "see" Khepra in meditation he also appears in full scarab form. But his colours are often gold, reds and oranges. He's always calm, considerate and gentle.

Like soothing gold light that just calms me down.  :D
"You and I together are a single creation. Neither death nor spite nor fear nor ignorance stops my love for you..." - Hymn to Wesir from Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Normandi Ellis.

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 12:58:14 pm »
Em hotep!

Khepera was the final Beloved added to my lineup, bringing it to my favorite number 8. When I first began experiencing him, I'd been spending the summer with my mother and family in the Sunshine State (sunny Florida!). My days were filled with sunshine, refreshing teas, swims in the pool and days sunbathing in the beach, accompanied by the best Ecuadorian food made by my family and never ending reggaeton.

Like these activities, Khepera to me is joy, laughter. He's the extra added oomph of light into a room, the beautiful way in which the rays hit the leaves in the balcony. Not only does he come to me as fun and loving, days relaxing by the beach and nights dancing away to music, but he (like to the Ancient Egyptians) serves as a constant reminder of change for me.

We don't need to wait until the New Year, or the end of the month, or even end of the week. For Khepera, "I'll do it tomorrow" isn't really a thing. Because he serves as a reminder to me that change within us can happen at any time- so just start then and there. He's a fresh start in my life every day.

Hope this helps. If youd like to talk more, PM me!  :)
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2725
  • stats Total Posts: 275085
  • stats Total Topics: 18481
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 102
  • stats Most Online: 217