Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Our form of "Merry Christmas"?  (Read 971 times)

Offline EclipseQueen

Our form of "Merry Christmas"?
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »
Em hotep, everyone! I hope the preparations for the upcoming holidays are treating you well.

I'm curious as to what our form of saying Merry Christmas is. Right now I have come up with "Em hotep, Heru her mise." which should be close to "Have peace and happiness on the birth of Horus."
However, I feel like there is a more accurate greeting for this. If anyone has a better way of wording it, it would be much appreciated.
A mind guided by Tehuty, who uses wisdom to guide their words. A heart crafted by Nut, who uses love to guide their actions. A body built by Yinepu, who uses perseverance to guide their way.
The Netjer live within you, always love yourself.

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: Our form of "Merry Christmas"?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:36:44 pm »
Em hotep EclipseQueen,

There are no major festivals around that time in the Kemetic calendar. There is a festival to the wandering Eye of Ra celebrated at the solstice but it was not a huge event. However, in KO it has come to be informally dubbed Moomas and we will sometimes say Merry Moomas.

Further, there is no Heru born on this day. You may be thinking of the images online claiming Horus=Jesus but this is a total fabrication. Heru-wer (Horus the Elder) has His birthday during the epagomeal days which happen during our summer. As far as I recall, Her-sa-Aset's birth is celebrated around our spring equinox.

Hope this helps.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline EclipseQueen

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 11:18:19 pm »
Ah! Thank you very much! I've already done reading on "Moomas" but I'll be sure to be well educated for the season!
A mind guided by Tehuty, who uses wisdom to guide their words. A heart crafted by Nut, who uses love to guide their actions. A body built by Yinepu, who uses perseverance to guide their way.
The Netjer live within you, always love yourself.

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:52:56 pm »
Happy Moomas works  for the Celestial Cow Festival.  Happy Solstice works for the Eye of Ra festival. 

For the date of the Birth of Heru here is a blog post explaining where that came about:  https://isiopolis.com/2011/12/25/isis-osiris-horus-and-the-holy-day-of-december-25th/.  Basically, the winter solstice as the birth of Heru is from Plutarch is the short version of it. 
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288175
  • stats Total Topics: 19541
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything