collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 81
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Awakened_by_Ra

Hello everyone!
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:44 pm »
Em Hotep!

Hi everyone, my names Nick and thank for you having me here.

Long story short, I was raised a Catholic but even from a very young age I had an attraction towards the Egyptian Gods, primarily Ra. I couldn't wrap my head around a monotheistic belief I always believed there were countless Gods out there and I got in trouble as a kid many times telling the priest this. As a teenager I threw aside my faith in Christianity and dabbled in some witchcraft and I guess you could say a little Satanism as well. I was lost and confused and was searching for a higher power but in my mind I always went back to wondering more and more about the Egyptian gods. Flash forward 10 years or so since then and not long ago, a few months ago, I had this incredible realization that Ra was watching me and I prayed directly to him. I felt empowered and a little scared at the same time as I didn't know what this feeling was but it felt good, warm, and loving. I did the same thing and this time I felt a very strong presence again but this time I felt a second presence with me. This one was different but it also felt warm and loving as well. The second and unknown presence felt like a female but I am not sure.

Anyways I applied for the Beginners course in February and am looking very much forward to learning about KO and the gods. I have been doing quite a bit of research of my own but it's good to be here now. Thanks guys!

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »
Hello Nick,

Thank you for the lovely introduction.  Welcome to the House Boards.   This is a great place to ask questions and learn about the Netjeru. 

You will learn a lot in the beginner's class so that's an excellent start.  Good luck on your journey.

Senebty!
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:14:08 pm »
Em hotep, Nick!

I'm glad you found your way to the House. The beginners class is a great place to start. There are also loads of blogs by members of the House and many other resources available online.

I'm so glad someone else recognizes Ra's warmth and love. I feel like we don't talk about it enough. I feel very serene when I meditate upon Him. His light, it really illuminates for me.

Anywho, welcome to the forums. We're so glad to have you here.

Senebty,
Leaha
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 04:42:39 am »
Em hotep, Nick.

I hope you enjoy the next Beginners Class!
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:47:15 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Nick! Glad to have you hear. I hope you figure out who that second presence is!

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Shemsu-Ankh Liaison | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 10:02:50 am »
Em hotep, Nick! *henu*

Welcome, it's a pleasure to meet you! :) We're glad to have you, and I also hope you're able to find out more about that female presence!

Senebty~
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Child of Hethert-Iusaas & Heru-sa-Aset, Beloved of Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 01:11:24 pm »
Em hotep and welcome to the boards
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 05:52:23 pm »
Em hotep Nick!  *henu*

Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your time here and the beginners class!  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Awakened_by_Ra

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

As for that second presence, whoever it may have been if it was anyone in the first place, I haven't figured it out yet.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips for praying to Ra? I have a statue of him currently but am still in the process of building a little shrine for him and other Netjer. I can usually only feel his presence once I've recited his name over and over and praising him and releasing my energy into the room, at least thats what it feels like I'm doing. Then I feel him, sometimes the feeling is strong, sometimes its very faint, it all depends. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 02:24:12 am »
Em hotep and welcome Nick, it's nice to meet you.  :-)
Sat Bast her Djehuty meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »
Hotep Nick,

In regard to your question,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips for praying to Ra? I have a statue of him currently but am still in the process of building a little shrine for him and other Netjer. I can usually only feel his presence once I've recited his name over and over and praising him and releasing my energy into the room, at least thats what it feels like I'm doing. Then I feel him, sometimes the feeling is strong, sometimes its very faint, it all depends. Any advice would be appreciated.

For praying to any of the Netjeru, in the beginning, we suggest keeping it simple to start with.  You can pray to him out loud or in your inner voice (either is ok).

You mention you've started to set up a shrine for Ra.  If you decide to take the beginner class you will be asked to set up a shrine but it will be generic with no specific images of any of the Names to begin with.  That way you focus on Netjer as the whole rather than singling out any specific Names until you complete the class and decide if you'd like to stay on or not.

Once you start praying to a Name, you will get to know the Name in regard to how you feel when the Name is present.  By praying/talking to the Name you will notice how it feels when the energy is coming/going and you will be able to tell when that Name/energy is present with you.  By doing this consistently, after a time has passed, you will notice that your "connection" if you will is getting stronger and it no longer takes you a few times saying the Name to establish the connection but rather as soon as you are in the state of mind for that prayer, you will feel the energy coming faster the more you do it.

For example ...think of a dial up internet connection.  When you first start to pray you have to pick up the phone and call the number to establish the connection.   As time goes on, you want a quicker connect time, so you switch out the dial up modem and you put in a cable line so that you are directly connected to the source rather than using the slower method of dial up.  The more you pray and open up the "connection" the quicker the connect time and the stronger the signal becomes.   

For instance when I first started, I had to repeat Yinepu's name a few times to put me in the right mood and light incense to set the mood and the tone of the prayer/request.  As time went on, I got better at setting the mood faster and the signal got much stronger so that now when I think of Yinepu ...most of the time I'm talking to him/praying to Him wherever I may be at the time  That time I'm spending with Yinepu and the other Names is on a level so deep and one that I've never known before coming to the House of Netjer.   Prayers are an awesome way to communicate but they don't always have to be done in a formal ritual setting.

When you are praying to Ra you can ask him if there is anything he'd like in regard to items for His shrine or if he would like you to do something like maybe greet him in the morning when the sun is actually rising :)  If you ask the Names for something or offer something to them ..they are usually pretty good about voicing what They may want/need from you.

I hope I didn't confuse you with that example.  Enjoy your time here on the Boards.

Senebty!

Meres   

Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Awakened_by_Ra

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 09:54:24 am »
Thanks everyone!

In regards to what Meresinepu said, thanks that does clear things up a lot better for me. I will definitely keep the prayers simple as for now and what you said made a lot of sense how it will take time to develop a relationship with the Netjer. I have been praying directly to Ra (morning is the best it seems) and have not prayed to the Netjer as a whole which is something I now feel I want to do, or at least give it a shot.

Theres a few other gods I've become interested in lately as well, Isis being one of them. I still do not know who that female presence is and I couldn't say who it could be until I get more acquainted with the Netjer in general. Thats how I feel at least.

Thank you for all the response and advice! Very excited to be here at The House of Netjer!

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 08:04:09 pm »
Em hotep and welcome! Rev. Meres has some great advice for you. ^_^  Also, this may be totally self-evident and you may already be doing this, but consider spending time in the sunlight as a way to immerse yourself Ra's presence. (Assuming that health conditions don't prevent you from doing this, of course.)

I'm also going to put out Bast's name as a potential candidate for a female presence that's warm, loving, and closely associated with Ra. But whoever they are, I'm sure they'll make themselves known to you eventually. ^_^
Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Awakened_by_Ra

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2017, 11:18:45 am »
Thanks Sheftybast and everyone else who has responded but I did not thank! Seems like a very nice community here from what I've seen so far and I love that.

Sheftybast, I do try and get out into the sun when possible, especially in the morning. I unfortunately live in the midwest USA and this time of year we don't get much sun which affects me greatly, every winter. I was diagnosed with something called "Seasonal Depression" as a teen. I wouldn't' say I get super depressed over no sun but it affects my mood as I'm sure it does with most people. Kind of a strange diagnosis in my opinion but I can see how it can be validated.

Anyways, over the past week I've continued my normal prayers to Ra and lately, also Amun, and Isis in particular. The female presence was strong with me again the other night (I do not believe it to be Isis) then the night after I felt that, I haven't been able to feel any presences the past couple days. Also been kind of stressed out with a new job and with my family celebrating the Christmas holiday there is a lot going on at the moment. Tonight I plan on calling forth any and all Netjer and just hanging out with them.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2933
  • stats Total Posts: 286011
  • stats Total Topics: 19391
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217