Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 91
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Arrows of Mut?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Tawa'ubast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Arrows of Mut?
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:21 pm »
I heard that Mut also had Arrows, much like Bast and Sekhmet do.  Does anybody know who they are, or have any leads?  My searches aren't leading anywhere.  Thank you!
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Online Ma'atnofret

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
Re: Arrows of Mut?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:46:21 pm »
There are apparently arrows for many major Eye goddesses. Including Nit, Mut, Nebetuu, and more. There is also a distinction between the Arrows and the Messengers of the various gods. Also from some reading the number 7 may or may not be literal, as it is linked symbolically to 'infinite'. Meaning the actual number of demons serving as arrows or messengers could be infinite. And it was mentioned in past conversations that there could be multiple sets of Arrows and Messengers that do different things for each god. So there could be the Vengeful set of arrows, the Healing set, and the Plague set all who serve Sekhmet just in different capacities. 

Arrows are usually linked to the Eye goddesses, there are also quite a few gods and goddesses with messenger demons.
Tutu is also the one who oversees the various Arrows of the different goddesses. Especially of Neith and Sekhmet. So studying him more might be of use. There is also a thought that due to their relationships, all the sons of the Eye goddesses have the potential to have power over and be linked to the Arrows. That means its Khonsu for Mut, Nefertem for Sekhmet, Tutu for Nit, and so on.

Be aware the various Netjeri (spirits/demons that serve a god) are not always 'nice' or benevolent. Especially in the case of Arrows, which are the weapons and arms of the various gods. When ever you are thinking of dealing with spirits, even Netjeri, just keep in mind that they are not gods of themselves and their understanding of human nature and etiquette may be drastically different.

A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Tawa'ubast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 02:00:36 pm »
Thank you A'Aqyt!
This is a subject I'm finally starting to delve into, so that was all very helpful to me.  :-*
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Pakhutueben

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:09:50 am »
Em hotep everyone,

I hadn't any spiritual experiences of Mut until now, so I can't answer the first question, but I know for sure, that there are arrows of Bast, Sekhmet and Anat. I had a spirit journey on the hieroglyph "sn" (Gardiner T 22) where Anat showed herself standing on a mountain top sending out her arrows. Maybe a spirit journey or something like that on the arrow head shaped hieroglyph "sn" may help you too, to find out more.  :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:13:20 am by Pakhutueben »
"I am the flame enlighting the night. I am Wesir-Chontameni, lord of the great beneath and my heart burns like the Eye of Horus at the brightest day. Truly I am the one of Djed and evil shall fear me. The light of Wesir-Chontameni casts out the darkness, turns it into the purest essence of Ma'at."

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:50:16 pm »
I have seen arrows associated with Wepawet although I can't immediately recall the source.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3090
  • stats Total Posts: 293192
  • stats Total Topics: 19957
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything