collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Trying to Re-Connect with Wepwawet  (Read 1672 times)

Offline cinemachameleon

• Beginner
Just Trying to Re-Connect with Wepwawet
« on: March 30, 2018, 03:49:53 pm »
This was something from my Christian days that I find sorely missing in Satanism; prayer requests! 

So, this is something else to like about Kemeticism!

That being said, I'm really just trying to re-connect with Wepwawet, I've encountered Him several times, over many years, before finally figuring out who the heck He was!  Wepwawet, being Wepwawet, purposefully made sure to never give me His name and frequently teased me with the prospect of learning it, only to give me a snarky remark, instead! Yes, He made me discover the answer for myself; but, in so doing, when I did finally discovered the answer, I was certain it didn't come from my imagination.  So, I respect the Heck out of Him for simply being who He is and doing things the way He does!

I only recently came to Kemeticism, and now I'm just really trying to get to know this mysterious person, better.  So, my request is that you would pray that I might be able to do just that.  (Even if His way of answering prayers is like a lightning bolt, quick, surprising, and equal parts terrifying and yet, awe-inspiring.  He sure is efficient, scarily so!)

Thank you!  Σ:3

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
Re: Just Trying to Re-Connect with Wepwawet
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »
Em hotep, and welcome to the House of Netjer! I very much pray that you are able to deepen your connection with Wepwawet Himself. I am His devotee and priest, and I love Him very much -- so of course I wish that for anyone who wants to get closer with Him!
Rev. Sobeqsenu
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu, & Nebt-het
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen | Heri-sesheta Wepwawet

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:03:48 pm »
Are you still a Satanist?

I’m a member of the Satanic Temple, largely due to my support of the Grey Faction’s work.  Great group of folks over there. 

Ave,

Taji

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 05:06:27 pm »
Em hotep nefer weret, Cinema Chameleon! :D

Many heartfelt prayers that Wepwawet becomes a greater presence in your life, and that He allow you to know Him more intimately.

Wepwawet is a great Divinity indeed, and I have seen how He has made the lives of many of the members of my religious kith and kin so much richer, happier, and healthier. Wepwawet is on the proverbial "outskirts" of my own personal practices and my household Gods, but even at a distance, He has sometimes provided me with inspiration and profound insight. :)

Dua Wepwawet!

Senebty,
Sedjfai

"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline cinemachameleon

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:16:51 pm »
Thank you all, very much!   ;D

Yes, I'm still a Satanist; I encountered Wepwawet while seeking Satan, and honestly thought that was who Wepwawet was, at first!  I remember saying to Him, "I know who you are!"  To which He replied, "Actually, I would say that you're just getting to know me."  He never did actually say who He was, took me years to figure it out! 

He's very wily, that one; but that's part of His charm, isn't it?  I think I may have an addiction to Him, honestly; I've been in love with Him ever since we first met.

Offline cinemachameleon

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:28:52 pm »
Did you know that there is a Hindu God, Rudra, "The Howler," who is said to have arrows capable of killing even the other Gods? 

I wonder if He is connected with Wepwawet, somehow.

Also, there's Anu or An, of Sumerian / Babylonian religion, who shares some similarities with both Wepwawet and Yinepu ("Anubis").

I also wonder about what connections may exist, there, as well.

What are your thoughts on these maters?

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:13:49 am »
Thank you all, very much!   ;D

Yes, I'm still a Satanist; I encountered Wepwawet while seeking Satan, and honestly thought that was who Wepwawet was, at first!  I remember saying to Him, "I know who you are!"  To which He replied, "Actually, I would say that you're just getting to know me."  He never did actually say who He was, took me years to figure it out! 

He's very wily, that one; but that's part of His charm, isn't it?  I think I may have an addiction to Him, honestly; I've been in love with Him ever since we first met.

Ah, I’ve never sought Satan as my brand of Satanism is the nontheist kind. I like Baphomet a lot because on the list of entities that aren’t real, he’s the not realiest.  A “demon” that the Templars were falsely accused of worshipping?   Doesn’t get not realer than that.  But the symbolism is still powerful and on point.

It’s kinda weird holding polytheist and atheist views simultaneously and it used to freak me out.  But I’ve gotten used to it.  Weirder things in Kemetic cosmology frankly.  I can polyvalent logic.  To be honest, I have borderline mild OCD and sometimes it’s nice to escape into a religion where the only entity I can disappoint is myself. 

Senebty/Ave,

Taji

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 08:22:58 am »
Did you know that there is a Hindu God, Rudra, "The Howler," who is said to have arrows capable of killing even the other Gods? 

Also, there's Anu or An, of Sumerian / Babylonian religion, who shares some similarities with both Wepwawet and Yinepu ("Anubis").

So far as I know, the only Kemetic god capable of killing another god (or at least the only one known to have done so) is Set.  Set also having a long association with Satanism in the minds of theistic Satanists, occultists and ceremonial magicians. The way those folks see Set though is not really the way we see Him or the way He was seen in antiquity.  But still interesting nonentheless and I get the sense He doesn’t mind. 

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 09:19:23 am »

But still interesting nonentheless and I get the sense He doesn’t mind. 

Set's big time flattered, I think!  While that particular avenue is largely used by non-theistic folks looking for self-improvement (aka "Xeper", or "willed conscious evolution"), Set can also use it as an avenue to attract future Kemeticists!

Some dig deeper and find they need religion in their life, after all!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 12:16:01 pm »
That’s really cool!  I really love Set.

I don’t know Wepwawet as well though He’s in my line up, I guess.  I haven’t parsed out yet how much of Wepwawet’s beloved I am.  It’s always been so much Yinepu.

I do feel that Wepwawet knows all of us very well since nothing can get done without Him.

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 12:32:25 pm »

Em hotep!

I admit I am sort of insular in my religious practices, and pretty much only worship or study Kemetic gods -- so I'm not terribly familiar with other pantheons. I do know that Wepwawet is sometimes called "With Sharp Arrows" and "More Powerful than All the Gods" -- not in the sense of being able to overpower the other gods, but that He would be the foremost amongst the gods in strength and in... well, pointy arrows.
Rev. Sobeqsenu
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu, & Nebt-het
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen | Heri-sesheta Wepwawet

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 12:40:31 pm »
Prayers that you are able to connect with Wepwawet!  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline cinemachameleon

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 01:11:52 pm »
Thank you all, again, so much, for all the prayers and replies!   ;D

I'm laughing to myself, now...Wepwawet, Lord of all Things Pointy...    :P

I remember once seeing him in a temple setting, with symbolism I'd ordinarily associate with Ra, and a another time with an obelisk...is Wepwawet a Solar-Phallic Deity?

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 03:49:48 am »
Thank you all, again, so much, for all the prayers and replies!   ;D

I'm laughing to myself, now...Wepwawet, Lord of all Things Pointy...    :P

I remember once seeing him in a temple setting, with symbolism I'd ordinarily associate with Ra, and a another time with an obelisk...is Wepwawet a Solar-Phallic Deity?

Yes. :)

And if you ask Bezenwepwy about it, I'm sure she'd love to tell you all about that! She studied with/worked under the late Jackal-Gods expert Terence DuQuesne, and she has written extensively on her own about him, in addition to her personal pious experiences. Few know better than she about the historical minutiae of His cult. :)

Put with many fewer details than Bezenwepwy will doubtlessly give, Wepwawet is syncretized with such notables as Re (Wepwawet-Re) and Herishef (Herishef-Wepwawet), in addition to circumstantially functioning as a sometimes-Heru-God, so it follows that all the life-giving, procreative symbolism associated with both explicit Solar/Celestial Divinities and primarily-ovine Divinities (i.e. Herishef) accompanies both written and visual depictions of Wepwawet, even when appearing "on His own." :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline cinemachameleon

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 04:21:16 pm »
If Bezenwepwy is also Ms. Chelsea Luellon Bolton, then I recently purchased and read her books, as they regard Wepwawet.  Very grateful to have some hymns and poetry about Him!  Nevertheless, I would be very interested to here what she has to say!

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2840
  • stats Total Posts: 279923
  • stats Total Topics: 18832
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217