collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Fighting the long night of the soul  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Fighting the long night of the soul
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 02:07:08 pm »
Em hotep

You have my prayers.  That sure is a lot to go through, I see some of Wesir's endurance already in you. :) 

Senebty!
Djedet
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit, Meryt her Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/ (formerly Wesir org)

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 03:51:12 pm »
Em hotep, my sibling in Sekhmet! It's good to see you again. I definitely feel where you are coming from in terms of fear of death. It's been a struggle for me as well, recently. For me, getting to know the gods connected with death has helped tremendously. Nebthet is now one of my Beloveds, and I feel more connected with Yinepu and Wesir. I still struggle with fear, but I am learning to manage it with the help of these gods.

Somewhere on the private forums there is a discussion about fear of death. I've found reading through others' experiences with the same fear to be strangely comforting.
Rev. Sobeqsenu
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu, & Nebt-het
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen | Heri-sesheta Wepwawet

Offline Khentesh

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 05:35:20 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! (Henu)

I am so overwhelmed with positive emotions by your responses to my post, and I want to thank you so much for your prayers and support.

I'm very fortunate to be a part of this faith, fellowship and community, and I feel strengthened by your words.

I would love to chat or PM, and I will definitely answer as soon as I am able.

I've been partially disconnected from the spiritual for far too long, and I hope that I will have a chance to become more firmly anchored in it.

It is my dream to become a Shemsu Ankh one day, and that dream has been with me since I became a member of the faith.

I do need to find more calm and quiet within me, and a surer footing than I have now, because I feel that becoming a Shemsu Ankh is to take on more responsibility, and I wouldn't want to take that step before I am ready.

I love you all!
Senebty

// Khentesh-ib-em-Sekhmet
(Sekhmet is Delighted)

Sat Sekhmet-Hethert
Meryt Bast-Mut her Wesir

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 08:12:37 am »
Prayers, and hugs.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Capra

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
Best wishes to you!

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 06:03:19 pm »
Prayers for you and your sister during this time.  Also glad you are able to reach out on the forums.  ^_^

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 02:07:40 am »
I haven't met you before, but am very glad you're here.

I have had similar issues with family of origin, as well as lifelong depression. I know how draining it is, how soul sucking and generally lousy it is. I do not communicate with a fair amount of living relatives (thank Nejter for the Akhu, we have a better beginning relationship) over longstanding differences that couldn't be resolved. It is hard to cut off communication, but in the long run it is far more corrosive to allow it to continue if there is abuse involved.

Good on you for being so very frank with us. That takes a LOT of courage.

Tatua
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline makaroth

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:53 pm »
I just wanted to add to the support given here and I sincerely wish you all the best.  This is such a wonderful community from what I have seen already and I truly feel that everyone here and your gods (what a line-up to support you when you need to fall back on them!) are here for you.  It's hard to offer words for the kind of pain and trauma you've dealt with but hopefully hand-in-hand we can each give you something you need.

Many blessings <3

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 01:26:53 am »
Em hotep Khentesh,

I'm so glad to see that you are back.  This community is a caring loving one and we will give you all the support we can.  I'm keeping you in my prayers and asking that Sekhmet watch over you and keep you safe.

May she heal your anxiety and help you continue to get better on all fronts.  May Netjer watch over you always.  I will keep you on my prayer list until things get better for you.

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 11:53:54 am »
Many prayers for your well being! I don't know you, but I'm glad you are back. The gods are always with us through all times, good and bad.
If you are able and have access to it, therapy can really help with dealing with those fears. A mixture of years of childhood therapy and teachings from Yinepu have helped me learn to not be stifled by a fear of dying.
I pray that your Mother and Beloveds bring you comfort and you find refuge in this community. Take care of yourself and welcome back!
Senui-iry-i  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2748
  • stats Total Posts: 276456
  • stats Total Topics: 18577
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 102
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything