Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Question  (Read 463 times)

Offline Sieg

Question
« on: April 08, 2018, 01:18:18 am »
Good evening,

Well, first of all, this my first post so i really, really, sorry if I wrote at wrong place.

I would to know about the correct term for coletive.

A celtic group of crafts called grossed, a wiccaning, coven and a nordic witch, kindred.

But and us?

Tks for now!

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 08:37:45 am »
Em hotep nefer and welcome to the boards, Sieg! :)

There's really no distinct term for a gathering of Kemetics I've ever come across. We don't operate like covens, kindreds, and groves do. Kemetic Orthodox members do arrange local meetings and festival celebrations every so often, but there's no particular name for any local chapters, nor for the gatherings themselves. People who practice Kemeticism, either as part of a larger organization (like we Kemetic Orthodox do, though we're not the only ones) or as individuals with no particular group affiliations simply call themselves "Kemetic" (and sometimes more pointedly "Independent Kemetic," for those who simply don't belong to and/or don't agree with belonging to a larger, structured organization with a priesthood and especially priesthoods that have a Nisu(t) like ours does).

Kemetics who belong to this Temple and consider themselves adherents make a point of calling themselves Kemetic Orthodox, especially Shemsu and above, since Shemsu+ have been formally initiated in this particular tradition and thus are supposed to regard it as their primary religion. The Kemetic Orthodox Temple is one of only a handful of distinguished Kemetic organizations out there. Another would be the Kemetic Temple of San Jose in California, and its affiliate the Temple of Ra in San Francisco -- neither of which are associated with the Kemetic Orthodox Temple -- though they don't call themselves anything other than simply "Kemetic" that I'm aware of, nor do their group functions have special names that I've ever seen.

I hope this helps!

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Capra

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 06:12:39 pm »
Em hotep, Sieg! Welcome, from one new member to another. :)

Offline Sieg

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:11:08 am »
Em hotep nefer and welcome to the boards, Sieg! :)

There's really no distinct term for a gathering of Kemetics I've ever come across. We don't operate like covens, kindreds, and groves do. Kemetic Orthodox members do arrange local meetings and festival celebrations every so often, but there's no particular name for any local chapters, nor for the gatherings themselves. People who practice Kemeticism, either as part of a larger organization (like we Kemetic Orthodox do, though we're not the only ones) or as individuals with no particular group affiliations simply call themselves "Kemetic" (and sometimes more pointedly "Independent Kemetic," for those who simply don't belong to and/or don't agree with belonging to a larger, structured organization with a priesthood and especially priesthoods that have a Nisu(t) like ours does).

Kemetics who belong to this Temple and consider themselves adherents make a point of calling themselves Kemetic Orthodox, especially Shemsu and above, since Shemsu+ have been formally initiated in this particular tradition and thus are supposed to regard it as their primary religion. The Kemetic Orthodox Temple is one of only a handful of distinguished Kemetic organizations out there. Another would be the Kemetic Temple of San Jose in California, and its affiliate the Temple of Ra in San Francisco -- neither of which are associated with the Kemetic Orthodox Temple -- though they don't call themselves anything other than simply "Kemetic" that I'm aware of, nor do their group functions have special names that I've ever seen.

I hope this helps!

Senebty!
Sedjfai

You really, really help. Thank you, bro!

Offline Sieg

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:13:49 am »
Em hotep, Sieg! Welcome, from one new member to another. :)

Thank you! Welcome for you too :D

Online KhaiPtah

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:00:04 am »
I think a good collective noun for Kemetics would be a Nile

"Look over there.  Is that a Nile of Kemetics I see?"
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

Offline Serefwibast

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 11:09:21 am »

Can I second this and request that it be made official?  ;D ;D

--
Serefwi
"Bast gives me relief"
(Shortened as Serefwi)

Sa Bast
Mery Wepwawet-Yinepu her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Sieg

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 12:06:09 am »

Or "Per".  A little reference to "Per Ankh", the house of life. And to HOUSE of netjer too :D

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando Tapatalk

Online KhaiPtah

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:43:15 pm »
By George I think I have it

The collective noun for Kemetics should be “An Inundation”

The Kemetic kids must be around there is an inundation of people in white carrying sistrums

Senebty

Khai
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 03:27:41 pm »
I like that,  An Inundation!
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 11:13:36 pm »
I vote that we call it an inundation too. And I feel it should apply to any size group. I'm posting about this on tumblr, I think. 
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2621
  • stats Total Posts: 270441
  • stats Total Topics: 18090
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything