collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hi again!  (Read 974 times)

Offline makaroth

• Beginner
Hi again!
« on: April 11, 2018, 02:54:02 pm »
So, I was going to take the October beginners' class (I was accepted) and then I don't know what happened but everything just went kind of haywire and I never ended up participating.  It was frustrating since I'd done the same thing a couple of years ago.  :-[

I've re-applied for the June class and I'm hoping to be accepted into this one AND I'll actually participate because I genuinely regret letting it slip by me in the fall.  I figured I should re-introduce myself here in the meantime (hi! :P ) and I've been reading all across  the forums for the past few days and I'm currently reading Jan Assmann's 'The Search for God in Ancient Egypt' as well as a couple of other books.

I've mostly felt drawn to Amun vs. Amun-Ra, but I'm really into the whole hiddenness thing, can anyone clarify differences?  I've also been drawn to Bast-Mut (this was kind of out of left field and new for me but I've embraced it), Khonsu (again, not expected), Djehuty (per usual lol), and for some reason Sobek or Sobek-Ra.

I know that me being drawn to these deities doesn't mean they'll show up in the RPD if I am able/choose to do that eventually, nor does it mean if they don't show up that me being drawn to them is somehow a mistake.  Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wants to share their thoughts!

I plan to start doing senut soon since I have a copy of 'The Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook.'  One of my greatest weaknesses is treating everything from a sort of academic viewpoint and practice goes lacking.  I'd really like to focus heavily on practice and engaging with you all here so I don't let the class slip by me. :)

Online Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Hi again!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:25 pm »
Em hotep and welcome (again!)

I hope that you can make it through this time.   :-*  If you ever need somebody to chat to, even if it's just to keep you active and focused, I'm all ears!  (We can even talk about Bast-Mut, ha!)

~Tawa'u
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Sau Apprentice ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising PR ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Capra

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:40:22 pm »
Em hotep! Hope to see you in the June class.  :)

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back, best of luck to you
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »
Welcome back!
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »
Em hotep and welcome.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:19:31 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back! Good luck on keeping up with things and if you slip a bit don't be too hard on yourself; you can always catch back up. :)
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:54 am »
Em hotep and welcome back! I hope you can get to take the class :) Regardless, we are happy to have you here on the forums!

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 05:06:12 am »
Em hotep, and welcome back! <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline makaroth

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 12:39:32 pm »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Online Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:33 am »
Em hotep, friend, and welcome back! :)
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 04:50:40 pm »
Welcome Makaroth!  I look forward to seeing you in class. 
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 09:17:52 pm »
Em hotep and welcome back.  Look forward to seeing you around!  ^_^
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 01:02:24 am »
Hello Makaroth,

Its nice to see you again. Welcome back. 

I know that me being drawn to these deities doesn't mean they'll show up in the RPD if I am able/choose to do that eventually, nor does it mean if they don't show up that me being drawn to them is somehow a mistake.  Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wants to share their thoughts!

In regard to your question about other Gods/Goddesses (Names) showing up prior to a person's RPD, it has been known to happen :)  When you have Gods/Goddesses showing up prior to your RPD, it could mean many things.  You may find out that you have a special relationship with one or more of the Names hanging around you.  Perhaps some could turn out to be in your line up /Parentage but perhaps not.   

Don't focus on who you think should be there, rather go with the flow of things and see how they show up during your divination.  If you have been divined, that does not mean that you can't have another relationship with another Name or Names.  If you have not been divined yet, those other Names hanging around you now could be possible parent/beloveds for you but they may not be.  They may be Names who have a selected/special reason for being there. 

When you have your RPD with Hemet, most of the time, those things are addressed as you would find out to whom you belong as well as who your beloved(s) may be.  Regarding our Beloveds, You can always get a new beloved at any time.  I've never seen a beloved come into a person's life and  walk away.  Once they are there they usually remain a part of you life until your time is up and your journey to the next life begins.

Each of us has a unique relationship with not just our Parent(s) and Beloveds but also many of the other Names as well.  You don't have to stop interacting with the Names once you are divined....I still call on the other Names when I need something special or want to know more about them.    Each experience is unique and it has a meaning to that person. 

For me personally, when my RPD came, I had other Names that has been showing up prior.  I did not know what they wanted and a few of them I didn't know who they were.  When the time came to have my RPD with Hemet, she asked me some questions to which I responded.  When I gave my ansers it was apparent that there were other Names that I didn't know about who had been actively working with me for quite some time (as far back as I can remember for Amun and back to at least 1997 for Bast).  Aset and Hethert came into my life a little later but I suspect that they had also been there but I wasn't ready to see them until they each showed up.   

I hope that helps answer that question? I will let others add their own thoughts. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Enjoy your journey.

Meres

Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline makaroth

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 08:34:35 pm »
Hello Makaroth,

Its nice to see you again. Welcome back. 

In regard to your question about other Gods/Goddesses (Names) showing up prior to a person's RPD, it has been known to happen :)  When you have Gods/Goddesses showing up prior to your RPD, it could mean many things.  You may find out that you have a special relationship with one or more of the Names hanging around you.  Perhaps some could turn out to be in your line up /Parentage but perhaps not.   

Don't focus on who you think should be there, rather go with the flow of things and see how they show up during your divination.  If you have been divined, that does not mean that you can't have another relationship with another Name or Names.  If you have not been divined yet, those other Names hanging around you now could be possible parent/beloveds for you but they may not be.  They may be Names who have a selected/special reason for being there. 

When you have your RPD with Hemet, most of the time, those things are addressed as you would find out to whom you belong as well as who your beloved(s) may be.  Regarding our Beloveds, You can always get a new beloved at any time.  I've never seen a beloved come into a person's life and  walk away.  Once they are there they usually remain a part of you life until your time is up and your journey to the next life begins.

Each of us has a unique relationship with not just our Parent(s) and Beloveds but also many of the other Names as well.  You don't have to stop interacting with the Names once you are divined....I still call on the other Names when I need something special or want to know more about them.    Each experience is unique and it has a meaning to that person. 

For me personally, when my RPD came, I had other Names that has been showing up prior.  I did not know what they wanted and a few of them I didn't know who they were.  When the time came to have my RPD with Hemet, she asked me some questions to which I responded.  When I gave my ansers it was apparent that there were other Names that I didn't know about who had been actively working with me for quite some time (as far back as I can remember for Amun and back to at least 1997 for Bast).  Aset and Hethert came into my life a little later but I suspect that they had also been there but I wasn't ready to see them until they each showed up.   

I hope that helps answer that question? I will let others add their own thoughts. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Enjoy your journey.

Meres

Thank you for that wonderful response!  I tend to over-analyze everything but I've made an active attempt to rather just let these things try to roll on through, going with my gut and writing down any impressions and letting them stay with the page.  I can always come back to it later and use the power of hindsight to possibly figure out what I've been experiencing or note anything exceptional that doesn't seem huge now but may then.  I love reading the stories of others here so thank you again for sharing. :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279843
  • stats Total Topics: 18827
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything