Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Summum?  (Read 119 times)

Offline cinemachameleon

Summum?
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:02:52 pm »
With practices of mummification, claims of being based on "Ancient Egyptian Religion," and the use of various accouterments of "Kemeticism," I have to admit I am somewhat curious about Summum.

What do you all think about them / it?

Offline ubenetsenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Summum?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:22 pm »
they apparently consider themselves to be Gnostic Christians, so i don't think about them much :)
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset
𓁴𓁳
tarot and heka by request

Online KhaiPtah

• Shemsu
Re: Summum?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:08 pm »
They are are interesting group.  They do perform mummification rituals (for between $65000 and $75000 a time)  however the "Transference Rituals" are based not on Egyptian ritual but on ones from the Tibetan Book of the dead.

Essentially they are their own thing.  Not Egyptian, not re-constructionists but a gleaned collection of different faith traditions woven together into something new.

Their temple in salt lake is also zoned not as a place of worship but as a vineyard due to alcohol sales during rituals.  All of their members adopt the name Ra after their given names as an honourific.
I worked with someone years ago who was married to a member,  he was uncomfortable with some of the rituals they conducted and he and his wife divorced because of it.

Hope this helps

khai
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2621
  • stats Total Posts: 270441
  • stats Total Topics: 18090
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything