collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Bast  (Read 350 times)

Online Ipema'asenu

• Shemsu
Bast
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:15:39 pm »
Em Hotep!

To the sons of Bast and devotees: Do you have any experiences that changed you with the goddess to share? : D

Or experiences with It? Who is Bast for you? How does it manifest in their lives?

I will resurrect all posts about her in the forum XD
Ipema'asenu - Claimed from the arms of two
https://ipemaasenu.wordpress.com
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet her Bast, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Rá
🌻🐱🐺

Offline Serefwibast

• Shemsu
Re: Bast
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:04:04 pm »
Em hotep nefer!

I always love a good discussion about my Mother.  :)

Even before my introduction to the House and my RPD, Bast was in my life. Back then it was less formal and less personal though; I was dealing with her in more of a neo-pagan way. I called on her for different rites/spells and that was about it. As my life went on, my relationships with Lady Bast moved to more prayers than rites. The one distinct memory I have is when I was out of state and my sister's cat (that I cared for like my own) ran away. At that point the cat had been away from home for about a month if not a bit more and in my mind that was it. I made an offering to Bast and asked her to protect my sister's cat wither in this life or the next. A few days later I received a call from my sister that her cat had made it back home and only had some minor scratches. It may seem like a small thing, but I took that as a huge sign.

Once in the House's beginner's lessons, I struggled with shifting my focus from Bast to other Names and Netjer as a whole. (Though I am glad I did this for my growth and understanding.) At the end of the lessons, I was so excited to have my RPD done but held off for years because I knew that I would be upset if Bast wasn't my Mother. The entertaining thing about that is that I was worrying for nothing and She has always been here.  ;D

My relationship and worship of Bast has grown tremendously over my years with the House. Part of it is due to a more focused practice, part of it is due to more knowledge, and part of it has to do with the wonderful community. When interacting with me, Bast often gives off the vibes of a protective/motherly figure. I can tell she enjoys seeing me happy and the finer things, but I don't get any of that "fluffy, happy sex goddess" vibe that a lot of books like to push. (Though, Hemet (AUS) did make mention that Bast for me is the older, northern, queenly type.) Despite this, she often shows up as a smaller cat.

My Shemsu name amazingly encapsulates my relationship with my Mother. Lady Bast does give me relief. If I am ever unsure or stressed or upset, she is often there without much judgement. And in return I give her praise and offerings and keep her in my heart.

--
Serefwi
"Bast gives me relief"
(Shortened as Serefwi)

Sa Bast
Mery Wepwawet-Yinepu her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Re: Bast
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:33:15 am »
Em hotep! -henu- :)

Even though I didn't pass the RPD, I feel about Bast as a divine mother. And our relationship lasts for 6 years now. I asked her to help me build my self esteem and learn how to take care of myself. And she has helped me with it.

And in addition to all this, she shows me the bright side in life, all the good things life has to offer. She helps me feel more secure and less lonely. I've always liked cats and it so happens that there always were cats near our block, throughout all the 17 years I lived here in Israel. I often find cats wherever I go and it reminds me that she watches over her devotees and children. ^_^

Another aspect of our relationship is how I treat the people around me. I learned a bit more when to show my soft side, when to show my protective side and how to take care of those who are on a lower status in life than me. Homeless people, people in need, people with disabilities and pets in general. Regardless if the animal is a cat or not. An animal is an animal. On a broader spectrum, a living being is still a living being, regardless of the form it takes. :)

To sum it up, she has taught me to be less straightforward, less grumpy and serious. To enjoy the good things in life, have compassion and more understanding towards both myself and others.
Senebty,
Gleb

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279845
  • stats Total Topics: 18827
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217