Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir  (Read 698 times)

Offline Ipema'asenu

• Shemsu
Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:16:59 am »
Em Hotep!

Recently I am studying about lesser-known names and can any devotee or son of Ptah-Sokar-Wesir talk more about his contact with Him? I mean, how do you deal with being an aspected god? How does he introduce himself to you?
I find it very intrusive: o
Ipema'asenu - Claimed from the arms of two
https://ipemaasenu.wordpress.com
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet her Bast, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Rá
🌻🐱🐺

Online Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:18:36 am »
Em Hotep, Fabricio!

I have Ptah Sokar Wesir as a beloved.  To me, he is everything Ptah is (Creator God, Lord of Ma'at, Great of Hearing), plus!  He shares some of Wesir's attributes, but he is primarily Ptah. 

I'll write more in depth later, when I have more time!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline KhaiPtah

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:12:15 pm »
Em Hotep, Fabricio!

I have Ptah Sokar Wesir as a beloved.  To me, he is everything Ptah is (Creator God, Lord of Ma'at, Great of Hearing), plus!  He shares some of Wesir's attributes, but he is primarily Ptah. 

I'll write more in depth later, when I have more time!

Senebty,
Neheh...

Thank you Neheh,
This rings to such a depth with me :D

Senebty and Love

Khai
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »
Em hotep Fabrico!

One of my Fathers is Ptah-Sokar, though I have honored Him before as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir. I relate very much to Neheh, He is a very expansive form of Ptah - and also the other two, Sokar and Wesir! It really is very natural to me, to experience Them together, They have a great deal in common. For myself, it was easier to get to know Them as individuals, then to see how They work as a unit.

I like to think of Them as a plant. Sokar is a seed deep in the ground, a still point of space-time that contains within Himself all possibilities. Wesir is the plant sprouting, a life coming from the darkness of the Duat. Ptah is the plant flowering, creating new life in the world around it. They are all different, but the same plant, the same Ptah-Sokar-Wesir.

Ptah-Sokar as a specific aspect is very creator focused, Sokar-Wesir is very Duat focused. Together Sokar bridges the mysterious gap between regeneration of one thing into the next. Ptah-Wesir is a great god of Kingship. Each is capable of Their role without the others, but by working as a unit, They work deeper than before.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| | Beloved of Bast and Sekhmet
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 08:06:54 pm »
I like to think of Them as a plant. Sokar is a seed deep in the ground, a still point of space-time that contains within Himself all possibilities. Wesir is the plant sprouting, a life coming from the darkness of the Duat. Ptah is the plant flowering, creating new life in the world around it. They are all different, but the same plant, the same Ptah-Sokar-Wesir.

I loved the way you described my father. It reminds me of the Wesir corn mummies.
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:36:29 am »
I'm a daughter of Ptah-Sokar-Wesir. For me, my Father is very Wesir-centric. Hemet (AUS) said it's possible I'm experiencing a form from the later periods, when the syncratic god was mostly concentrated on Wesir.

I think the best way I could describe Him would be a "louder" Wesir than people usually describe, less concentrated on Kingship/Kingliness and more about creation.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert and Set

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:47:30 pm »
I'm a daughter of Ptah-Sokar-Wesir. For me, my Father is very Wesir-centric. Hemet (AUS) said it's possible I'm experiencing a form from the later periods, when the syncratic god was mostly concentrated on Wesir.

I think the best way I could describe Him would be a "louder" Wesir than people usually describe, less concentrated on Kingship/Kingliness and more about creation.

Em Hotep, Teritui! Hi sister dear, finally I have a sibling after so many years of waiting. I was divined way back in 2006. You described our father perfectly. He is a louder Wesir who is more about creation. Ptah-Sokar-Wesir can be syncratic or aspected. In my RPD he is syncratic. I have so much info on Ptah-Sokar-Wesir tucked away in my computer. I even saved some quotes from Hemet on Ptah-Sokar-Wesir that I will message you later.
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Online Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 07:49:10 pm »
Em Hotep,
My beloved Ptah Sokar Wesir seems more Ptah to me, but this to me is in terms of having more of a creation focus (as well as reconciling "The Two Lords" (Set and Horus)) (and whatever else, whoever else needs reconciled.). 

I would be interested in your notes, too, Taysatwesir, please!

Thank you!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Nebwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 07:59:04 am »
I have Wesir-Sokar as a Beloved and can confirm: a very Duat-centered aspect. I don't get too much of the 'creation', rather, rejuvenation, if that makes sense? Regeneration. Lots of otherworldlyness. 

I've worked with Sokar on an individual basis and He's... very serious, abstract. Protection and isolation. If you can get your hands on a copy of the Amduat, Sokar plays a huge role in protecting Ra during His rebirth during the darkest Hours of the night.
"Two Lords (are) my Fathers"

Sat Heru-wer her Amun
Meryt Set, Wesir-Sokar, her Mut

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 06:13:06 pm »
I have Wesir-Sokar as a Beloved and can confirm: a very Duat-centered aspect. I don't get too much of the 'creation', rather, rejuvenation, if that makes sense? Regeneration. Lots of otherworldlyness. 
Em hotep Nebwyitui

"Wesir-Sokar is quite creative. Generally Wesir-Sokar is the aspect of Wesir at the moment of his death. The time when he is manifested in the Seen and Unseen worlds. He is more that the King of the Dead or the potential of growing things. He is Ra at night. The invisible sun that is there even when we cannot see it. The Book of Caverns frequently speaks of Ra Within Wesir - kind of an idea of the Midnight Sun. There is always life even at the moment of death."

This is from my journal and I didn't document sources, but it looks like information Hemet probably relayed to me in the past.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:16:22 pm by Raheri »
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline Miri

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 02:59:26 am »
I just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread.  I've been trying to get to know Ptah-Sokar-Wesir lately, and finding it a challenging task, so hearing about people's experiences is really lovely. :)
--Miri

Offline Nebwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 04:16:37 pm »
Em hotep Nebwyitui

"Wesir-Sokar is quite creative. Generally Wesir-Sokar is the aspect of Wesir at the moment of his death. The time when he is manifested in the Seen and Unseen worlds. He is more that the King of the Dead or the potential of growing things. He is Ra at night. The invisible sun that is there even when we cannot see it. The Book of Caverns frequently speaks of Ra Within Wesir - kind of an idea of the Midnight Sun. There is always life even at the moment of death."

This is from my journal and I didn't document sources, but it looks like information Hemet probably relayed to me in the past.

Eh hotep~
Indeed, that sounds a lot like the events of the Amduat. I love the parallels of Ra's journey to renewal and Wesir's story- And how Wesir (as Sokar) is the one to protect Ra during his nightly renewal.
"Two Lords (are) my Fathers"

Sat Heru-wer her Amun
Meryt Set, Wesir-Sokar, her Mut

Offline Shuwyt

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 12:26:41 am »
Em hotep!

<snippity about Wesir-as-Sokar>

I know she's said something similar to me as well. I have Sokar-Wesir AND Ra as Beloveds, and as long as I don't think about it too hard, it doesn't break my brain too much. @.@ (Actually, it's kind of cool. I've got the light and the darkness and the jackals and the shadows...)

I *do* get Sokar-Wesir very heavily on the creative end, but it's less...creation-in-process than the instant before creation. I'd hesitate to even call it the potential of creation, because that (to me) always carries a little connotation of, "It could happen, but it could also not happen." There's no Could with it. It Will. It Is. It just has to Finish Up This Last Bit Of Cosmic Paperwork Real Quick. It's that moment when the storm has been building, the sky's black and the clouds are low and the air smells like electricity and rain, and there's no, "Maybe it's going to," it's, "You should probably go inside RIGHT NOW before you get struck by lightning." That half-second when you're running for the door because there's still a chance you won't get completely soaked (and just as it's slamming behind you, the sky opens up and the torrent comes down, and that's the line where it goes from 'Will' to 'Is').

He's very heavy. The first time I felt Him, I didn't know what was going on and it was a little frightening. I had just walked outside (at night, which I do often), and there was a Pressure I couldn't explain. Once I figured it out, the fear went away. That's not what He's trying to do. He's just large, expansive, not so much something that can be processed by trying to give it a body or a shape because He's just too woven into the universe itself. More Feels than Words.
Shuwytyinepu (Yinepu's Shadow)
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sokar-Wesir her Ra
Curiosity killed the - ooh! What's that?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2725
  • stats Total Posts: 275085
  • stats Total Topics: 18481
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 102
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything