Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Doing a Mama Sekhmet Thing  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Doing a Mama Sekhmet Thing
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:23:17 pm »
Em hotep, friends.

So after a year and a half of trying to slog it out and probably doing myself more harm than good, something happened today regarding work which was just the final straw for me. (In and of itself it would have been more annoying than anything, but coming at the trailing end of everything this company's done to me and the suspicious timing of my having told my boss something about my mental health earlier this week in an attempt to, you know, actually feel safe at work . . . welp. I was livid.)

And then, finally like a Sekhmet kid, I realized I should, uh, do something. At the very least do the best I can to ensure that my employer is held accountable for their actions. Even if I end up quitting--I don't want a graceful exit.

Today, after being completely called off of work for no warranted reason ("rain" that didn't come until five o' clock this evening, among other things that don't make sense), I decided to take the first steps in filing a claim with the EEOC against my employer. I've filled out most of the online forms, including the secondary ones, scheduled an in-person get-together with an EEOC representative (which is just to determine if there's even a case) and asked a few (former) coworkers if they'd be on board to support my claims of the umpteen number of ways HR's screwed me over in regards to (not) accommodating my visual disability (including denying me promotion in a very passive-aggressive way), (not) working to even understand what clinically documented chronic PTSD can mean for me under X conditions (so let's fix X conditions, please?), and being trans (to quote the head of HR: "Why should you get to be special and break the rules [regarding HR's own self-imposed-but-then-rescinded method of self-identifying with pins, of all things]? Everyone identifies as something and [in response to the notion of gender dysphoria I'd brought up; unedited quote] everyone has a mental problem of some sort."

Blah blah blah.

The EEOC folks might well say that I have no case. Or maybe the company fires back with whatever choice stuff they have which I can't argue against. Who knows? But at least it's something. I don't even know what the end result would be. I'll still work there, until I can find something else, because Insurance and A Paycheck (Two bits!) . . . but I don't want to be silent anymore.

Prayers that ma'at prevails would be deeply appreciated. <3

Thank you all, friends.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Online Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Doing a Mama Sekhmet Thing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 08:31:02 pm »
Prayers. May ma'at prevail!
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Sau Apprentice ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising PR ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Heruakhetymose

• Rev Jeff - Ordained Clergy, Baku Director
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:32:13 pm »
Em hotep, Gezausenu!

I’m sorry to hear things became so crappy there and just kept up. >.<

Prayers for Ma’at to prevail!

Senebty,
Mose
𓅃𓈌𓏏𓏭𓄟
Rev. Heruakhetymose (Born of Heruakhety)
Son of Heruakhety, Beloved of Ra, Set, and Yinepu-Wepwawet
Contact Info
Kemetic Storytellers

Offline Anaputuwet

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 08:45:01 pm »
I'm really proud of you for standing up for yourself and taking action! Gods know we all need to do a little more of that.

May Ma'at prevail! And may you get a much better job, as well. :)
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Tutu | Sepa
𓅃

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:49:01 pm »
Good luck! I hope everything turns out well.
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »
Prayers to our Father Set, to your Mother Sekhmet, to Sobek, and to Babi that you get the recompense you deserve <3 -- and that your current employer gets their freaking act together, one way or the other.

Much love to you. <3 I'm rooting for you, Gezausenu!
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 11:27:30 pm »
Em hotep, friends.

So after a year and a half of trying to slog it out and probably doing myself more harm than good, something happened today regarding work which was just the final straw for me. (In and of itself it would have been more annoying than anything, but coming at the trailing end of everything this company's done to me and the suspicious timing of my having told my boss something about my mental health earlier this week in an attempt to, you know, actually feel safe at work . . . welp. I was livid.)

And then, finally like a Sekhmet kid, I realized I should, uh, do something. At the very least do the best I can to ensure that my employer is held accountable for their actions. Even if I end up quitting--I don't want a graceful exit.

Today, after being completely called off of work for no warranted reason ("rain" that didn't come until five o' clock this evening, among other things that don't make sense), I decided to take the first steps in filing a claim with the EEOC against my employer. I've filled out most of the online forms, including the secondary ones, scheduled an in-person get-together with an EEOC representative (which is just to determine if there's even a case) and asked a few (former) coworkers if they'd be on board to support my claims of the umpteen number of ways HR's screwed me over in regards to (not) accommodating my visual disability (including denying me promotion in a very passive-aggressive way), (not) working to even understand what clinically documented chronic PTSD can mean for me under X conditions (so let's fix X conditions, please?), and being trans (to quote the head of HR: "Why should you get to be special and break the rules [regarding HR's own self-imposed-but-then-rescinded method of self-identifying with pins, of all things]? Everyone identifies as something and [in response to the notion of gender dysphoria I'd brought up; unedited quote] everyone has a mental problem of some sort."

Blah blah blah.

The EEOC folks might well say that I have no case. Or maybe the company fires back with whatever choice stuff they have which I can't argue against. Who knows? But at least it's something. I don't even know what the end result would be. I'll still work there, until I can find something else, because Insurance and A Paycheck (Two bits!) . . . but I don't want to be silent anymore.

Prayers that ma'at prevails would be deeply appreciated. <3

Thank you all, friends.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

Prayers that Ma'at prevails above all. I have you in my daily prayers with Yinepu that an avenue will open up for you to see the environment improve and that you're treated fairly. 

I will also speak with Heru Sa Aset and Sekhmet on your behalf, that your employer will be held accountable for its lousy treatment of you.

*offers hugs* Good on you for standing up and not being silent in the face of abuse. It is a very hard thing to do.

Remember, you are not alone.

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:31:53 pm »
Prayers, Gezausenu. May ma'at prevail and may our Parents aid you in getting through this. That's a hard situation and I hope you can successfully help bring about your desired positive changes!

Your twin/triplet always,

~Pairysenu
𓅮
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Meset Sekhmet-Hethert her Set
Meryt Heru-wer her Sobek

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 11:55:19 pm »
Prayers
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Sarytsenuwi

• Sema Kau Bak
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 07:04:40 am »
Prayers for you Gezausenu. May Ma'at prevail. I will certainly give offerings to both Set and Bast on your behalf, that justice is done here. I'm so sorry it's been so hard for so long.
Sarytsenuwi (Standardbearer of my Two | Porta-estandarte da minha Dois)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
𓃩𓃠|𓅃𓃕𓆏
Music | Fedw diviner | Blog

Offline Tjemsy

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 07:36:57 am »
I'm sorry to hear your job has kept being sucky, twin. You deserve better.

Kick their butts. May Ma'at prevail. :D <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:00 am »
Prayers that Ma'at prevails, Gezausenu!  May Set give you strength and Ptah aid with calm clarity during all of this!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:50 am »
Prayers that Ma'at prevails!
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit-Nebthet, Meryt Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/ (formerly Wesir org)

Offline Awibemhethert

• W'ab Priest (Lay Clergy) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 11:48:52 am »
Much love and support. May Ma'at prevail!

Ibi
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »
May Ma'at prevail, also a better job in the line up. 😊
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2840
  • stats Total Posts: 279922
  • stats Total Topics: 18832
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything