collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Doing a Mama Sekhmet Thing  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
Re: Doing a Mama Sekhmet Thing
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 06:52:01 pm »
Prayers that everything turn out in your favor.
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 06:59:29 pm »
I'm praying for you Gezausenu.  May Ma'at prevail.  *hugs*
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Online Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:50 pm »
Em hotep friends.

Oh, goodness! I feel so loved and protected. <3 Thank you all.

I kept hoping this situation would get better. I talked to HR more than once. I talked to my bosses more than once (the particular cafe I work at has had 7 managers in the last 3 years, what does that say?!). I talked to my coworkers more than once, and as gently as I could, explaining as much as I could without divulging personal details which are nobody's business. People rolled their eyes and brushed me off. People quoted the employee handbook. People got angry with me and stopped talking to me for short periods of time. People claimed that they understood and yet just kept on doing what they were doing.

In short, nobody's heard me.

And apart from affecting my mental and physical health, it's having a direct impact on my job performance--which will get me fired, if nothing else.

To quote Hillel: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"

Enough's enough. For me and for anyone else who might ever run into these issues with this company.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers and the wonderful, powerful Names you've mentioned. <3 I deeply, deeply appreciate it.

Senebty, and much love,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:21:34 pm by Gezausenu »
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Offline Tanisiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »
Many, many, many prayers to you, friend! May your voice be heard and may Ma'at prevail! <3

Much love and many hugs,

- Tanisi
Tanisiaset - "The One Aset Summons"

Sat Aset-weret-hekau
Meryt Djehuty, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her Hethert-Mut
*Sau Apprentice*

Offline makaroth

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:57 pm »
I just want to echo the support that's been offered here and I truly wish you the best.  I will have you in my prayers.  It's a powerful thing to stand up to the unjust and powerful and you're doing good not only for yourself but for others by this action.  So thank you, and may Ma'at be present with you <3

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 01:30:21 am »
 Gezausenu

Keeping you in my prayers.  I'm in a similar situation with employers (State of AZ).  I've tried to work it out with HR and everyone else in between but they didn't listen.  I'm looking for a new job and as soon as I find one I will be going to the EEOC and filing a complaint myself.

May Ma'at prevail for your situation. 

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:58 pm »
Prayers, sib. May Mama Sekhmet and Set guide you, may Ptah give you calm and peace, may Djehuty give you the right words to speak, and may Mafdet protect you. In all, may Ma'at prevail.
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."

{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, meryt Set!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com }

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 09:15:03 pm »
Praying for you.  I wish I could do more to help.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Terra Akhert

• Remetj
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 08:13:11 am »
Prayers that Ma’at prevails!
Hail to thee, Great Ra! Lord of the thrones of the Earth!

Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter.

Offline Sobeqsenu

• Rev. Sobeq - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 09:06:07 am »
May Sekhmet be with you and may Ma'at prevail!
Rev. Sobeqsenu
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu, & Nebt-het
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen | Heri-sesheta Wepwawet

Online Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 09:18:01 am »
Em hotep, friends.

Thank you all for the love and support. <3

Quick update: I got written up this weekend for my drawer being off at the end of the day (which I knew was bound to happen). Normally I'd chalk that up to making a mistake and just sign the form and be done with it, but I got to thinking about the numerous times I've asked for accommodations (such that good communication is) and no one's heard me. I got to thinking about the repercussions this has on my mental and physical health; one should not have to grind through a shift-long panic attack because their coworkers don't seem to understand or care about their needs and neither does their boss. At the end of the day, my drawer being off wasn't just on me: it was a direct effect of their inability to comply with what I need.

So I refused to sign, citing that both of my disabilities are covered under the ADA and that "reasonable accommodations" are a legal right. My rather apathetic boss perked right up at that and said "Oh, yeah, I totally agree! What you're asking is totally reasonable!" He said he'd talk to HR; I got an e-mail from the head of HR (the nasty pin lady) later that day and she said "I'm sorry to hear that your reasonable accommodations aren't being met! What can we do to help?"

I e-mailed with her briefly, outlining what's going on, and supposedly she's going to call me to talk, although it's been two days . . . we'll see how that goes.

Update #2: Just talked to her! She said--in a very argumentative, defensive tone: "Well, technically the transaction error is still that, regardless of the circumstances. And anyway, you're special to us, but we've been making all sorts of reasonable accommodations to your position; we've done everything you've requested of us [which isn't entirely true, and the requests weren't extreme or taxing to the company]. There's only so much we can do. It's not reasonable to ask 20 people on staff to have one coworker in mind when they're moving about the cafe. What do you expect me to do if there's someone who just doesn't tell you where they are? Terminate their employment? . . . Well, give me a therapist's note and I'll see what we can do about talking to everyone in  a very broad, safety-related way."

. . . Can I cry "[censored]"? I'm honestly speechless and just . . . Speechless! Shocked! I expected it but still--yikes!

Anyway . . . thank you all, again, for your love and support. <3 It's greatly appreciated.

And Rev. Meresinepu, I'll be keeping you in my prayers as well. <3

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:18:03 pm by Gezausenu »
child of Set and Sekhmet

Online Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »
Em hotep, friends.

Just wanted to bump this to add that on Thursday I had a meeting with the head of HR and the COO of the company. After an hour and a half, it became clear that there was nothing they could (or were willing) to do for me. I put in my two weeks' notice, without another job lined up, for the sake of my mental and physical health, both of which were / still are really starting to slip beyond my ability to cope with.

I'm still going to meet with the EEOC, even though the head of HR, two days after our disastrous phone conversation--about a week before the meeting--slung ADA paperwork at me for no apparent reason.

Thank you all for your kindness and support. We'll see what the future brings. Hopefully it's good.

<3
Senebty,
Gezausenu.
child of Set and Sekhmet

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:04 am »
So many prayers for you, Gezausenu!

May Ma'at prevail, and may you get a job in which you'll be happy.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 11:22:31 am »
Praying. <3
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Awibemhethert

• W'ab Priest (Lay Clergy) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 01:57:26 pm »
Many prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

* Board Stats