Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 259 times)

Offline Anaputuwet

Mother's Day
« on: May 13, 2018, 01:26:46 pm »
Em hotep and happy mother's day, everyone! In the spirit of the holiday, I'd like to ask y'all to share some love for your divine mother(s)! If you don't have an "official" divine mother to ramble about, just talk about a goddess you love!

While I don't have a goddess I consider my Mother yet, nor have I been divined for one, I'd like to talk about a goddess that's kind of like a mother to me, and that would be Mut. I met Her through my close relationship with Khonsu, and honestly it was incredibly heartwarming just how willingly She let me become a part of Her family. I've since been honouring the Theban Triad as a whole and could not feel more loved. Mut is graceful, loving, and flat out really cool! Through Her I feel like I belong to and with the Netjer and that's something really special to me.
Khonsu | Set | Shai | Tutu | Sepa
𓅃

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 02:12:08 pm »
Dua Aset in all her forms! Happy mother's day!
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 02:16:00 pm »
Em hotep nefer, Anaputuwet! ;D

Thank you for starting this thread. :D

Mother's Day is rather "meh" for me -- not because my relationship with my own mother is exactly "bad" or anything, or because I have some irrational dislike of mothers in general, but because the holiday started as a kind of "mothers of fallen soldiers / working for world peace" thing and then became an obnoxious Hallmark Mammon, somehow and somewhen between the 1870s and the mid-20th century.

My minorly-politicized piece having been said, haha :P . . . with all the Mother's Day stuff on full blast on television and radio over the past week, I have indeed been thinking a lot about Ipet-Taweret and Sekhmet(-Mut).

I respect all Netjeret, of course, and some have come into my life with a purpose and departed once that purpose was fulfilled, but I haven't particularly felt long-term "resonance" with many apart from those two.

I call Ipet-Taweret "Mother," but not because She is in any literal sense my Divine Mother. She is a sometimes-wife of my "First Father" Set, for one thing, and for another, She has that compassionate-yet-fierce quality about Her, an enveloping calm and protection. :) On a couple distressed occasions in my life, I remember addressing Her with: "Taweret, my Mother, I need my Mother!" Those words just bubbled-up to my lips without much forethought, I perceived Her to have answered me by that invocation, and since those events I haven't been able to shake that impression about Her. Not being part of my "lineup," She is on the proverbial outskirts of my personal Kemetic Orthodox practice, yet She holds a very special place in my heart. :)

As for Sekhmet(-Mut), that is a bit less personal, though no less adoring than I am of Ipet-Taweret. Sekhmet(-Mut) makes up the "Eye" in which my "Great Father," Amun-Re-Banebdjedet is concealed-yet-seen (Djefedjef, or "Hidden within His Eye"). Banebdjedet in this incarnation is the Most Mysterious Form of Amun-Re, residing within the (in this instance, feminized) blindingly-radiant Aten. As I have gained more personal understanding of my "Great Father," Sekhmet(-Mut)'s role and function has become more apparent to me. With respect to Amun-Re-Banebdjedet, She is similar in function to the Wehem of Ptah, Hap (Apis), being the deity one has to "go through" in order to "get to" Banebdjedet. She is the Herald and Protector of the Great Lord. She is the one Who clothes the Great Lord in His Majesty, adorning Him with His colors, allowing the world to know and experience Him while at the same time obscuring His most secret secrets. She is like a living shrine, both announcing His presence by Her own and keeping Him closed-off from what is profaning and what is not meant to see Him.

Okay, enough mysticbabble from me. ;)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 02:30:33 pm »
My Mother is and has always been Bast, from the first moment of my existance until the last. I love Her almost as much as my bio Mother who is fantastic.

Dua Bast! Dua Netjer!
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 03:20:10 pm »
Em hotep

I gave an offering of good rum to Sekhmet. She's a Beloved of mine, and I consider Her to be my Mother. I don't know Her well, but I'm learning and She's patient with me.

Most of all, and this is what really matters to me, is that She is real. I do have a family of origin mother, but we don't speak for many reasons, one of them being that she isn't real. She just wants my money.

Sekhmet is real. There's nothing disingenuous with Her. If She has something to say, She does. None of the fake speech or lies. She is real, and Her Love, fierce.

Tatuayinepu

Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 03:51:34 pm »
Dua Hethert!
Usually I do something for Her on this day but I'm sick and feel kind of light headed, so I can't do or say much.
I'll say She is wonderful and I love Her!
Senui-iry-i  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Online Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 04:06:49 pm »
Dua Hethert!

It's been a quiet day here, as I am recovering from an accidental "glutening".  But I'm slowly working on a tracing of a cube statue of Pakhraf that features Hethert.  Eventually this, and a photo I've been given permission to use, will feature into a website post.

(May we all feel better tomorrow!)

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 05:32:38 pm »
Happy Mother's Day

I have a Mothering Goddess and I am single-Parented so I feel a need to say something.

Aset is quite a foundational part of my spiritual life (in general) and it's been becoming clearer as I progress as to why that is. 

Many years ago, when I first encountered Her, I got this sense that I only get with a specific few people, situations, topics, or otherwise in my life and as I get older, I've realized they only occur when I'm meeting or encountering something that's going to be a big part of my life. 

My history with the concept of "mother" is not an easy one.  I'm not a mothering person but I will say I wasn't allowed in full to appreciate my own mother before she passed West to Wesir a few years ago. 

In some spirit of Mother's Day, I'll say this in defense of Her - I disdain conceptions which boil Her down to "scary all powerful Leviathan Who will rip your throat out if She wants" but only because it diminishes Her down to Her power.

Aset is very powerful but She's only that way because it's Who She is and is in part Who She made Herself to be.  She had to be powerful. 

Aset has Her own mystery.  One look or another, Her life was very unfair and circumstance paid Her no mind when it demanded that Her Husband die so the dead could be cared for in the Duat.  She lost the person She loved most, She was betrayed (in some versions), She had to give birth and raise Her Son all by Herself and defend Him from harm at near every angle until He could mature and become King. 

Aset is a blessing.  She will help you and love you more than you know

It's a blessing to know you all so well

Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2725
  • stats Total Posts: 275085
  • stats Total Topics: 18481
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 102