Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beloved Divinations  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Beloved Divinations
« on: May 16, 2018, 06:40:19 pm »
Em hotep, friends!

I thought I'd post this on the public side, since people talk about "adding Beloveds" and I'm curious and maybe others are curious, too. ^_^

When one elects to undergo a Beloved divination, does one have to have an idea of Whom it might be, and does divination confirm that? Or could one simply approach Hemet (AUS) and say "I think I might be getting tapped on the shoulder but I'm not sure Who it is? Can we find out?"

Thanks for thoughts, as always. <3 I'm not thinking about this anytime soon--my Five are plenty, haha!--but it's something that I've never really heard much about, and consulting the Members' Handbook left me with the same questions. ^_^

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau!) <3
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / their(s) / themself )
Set's Spear and Sekhmet's Claw

Offline Taji

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Beloved Divinations
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:52:47 pm »
You divine for a specific Name.  It may not show quite in the permutation you expect (I expected Aset-Hethert and got Aset-Serqet), but you have to have a Name in mind and a compelling reason for thinking They’re there.
Tasedjebbastmut, The One Whom Bast-Mut Restores to Life
Child of Her Akhu Who Shine as Gold
Sat Bast-Mut | Meryt Yinepu, Sekhmet/Hethert, Set & Heru-wer, her Aset
Η Έρις σκέφτεται ότι είμαι εντάξει, μαντεύει.

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:54:57 pm »
Em hotep, Taji!

Thank you heaps for the clarification! ^_^ I appreciate it!

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
child of Set and Sekhmet

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:51:49 pm »
I was curious about this too.  My original RPD was so long ago, and over the years I've wondered if I may have gained any more Beloveds.  I got a pretty strong 'ping' from Set just a few weeks ago, which really got me to wondering.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »
Em hotep nefer, Gezausenu! <3

Echoing what Taji already said, when you have a Beloved Divination scheduled, you are asking after a specific Netjer(et), and Hemet (AUS) discusses it with you prior to the divining.

I haven't ever asked to have more than one divined-for at once, but I am relatively certain that isn't the process. Insofar as I understand it, it operates on the basis of "one Beloved Divination per one additional Beloved."

My first (and I think likely not last) Beloved Divination was for Yinepu. I felt His presence fairly persistently, to the point where I felt it important to have a Beloved Divination performed to inquire after a possible connection. When the ritual was performed, He gave me the choice to accept the responsibility of having Him as a Beloved, to which I obviously said "Yes, please!" That isn't the case for all post-RPD Beloveds, though. Some don't give you a choice either way. ;)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 06:19:05 am »
Em hotep, twin! I'm on my phone, so my apologies if this gets all wonky.

For a beloved divination, you need to have pretty much one name. So, you could go in for Heru-wer and come out with Heru-sa, but you can't go in for "Heru???" If you need multiple divinations, you can do that, but you have to pay separate and such for each time, because they are all individually done.

There are a number of responses you can get from this. "You choose" seems to be the most common, and Nebthet did that for me. Some will say no, some will give a firm yes with no room for questioning. I went in for Nefertem and came out with Nefertem-Imhotep in sort of a "medium yes," I suppose? Not a "choice" but not especailly firm as much as matter-of-fact.

I knew I'd have 2 beloved divinations before I even had my RPD, and I have had exactly two. It's hard to imagine my lineup getting any busier, but who knows.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Taji

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:11:48 am »
I got two for one, actually.  But it was a special situation. I asked about Set, and got Him. But Heru-wer came too. They came as the Bawy, though not specifically listed that way, in the Bawy year and I wasn’t given a choice. I hadn’t asked about the Bawy or Heruwer at all.  He just inserted Himself into my Set divination.

Aset-Serqet did offer the choice.

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 07:25:56 am »
Em hotep, friends.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and experiences! :) It does indeed make sense that you'd have to have a Name in mind and probable cause, as it were, for thinking They're there.

Thank you for satisfying my idle curiosity! ^_^

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
child of Set and Sekhmet

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 08:54:52 am »
I have been very seriously thinking about Nut myself. Though at first I thought She was possibly Hethert but now Im feeling pretty much exclusively Nut. Im just not sure I am ready for another divination.
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Taji

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 09:29:21 am »
Honestly, and no offense to Her ....

But I really kinda wish I hadn’t asked about Aset.  Or that when She gave me the choice, that I’d said no.

I don’t want Her to go away now that She’s here, but it deserved far more thought than I gave it. 

Having a beloved is a responsibility. Having five is overwhelming.  Don’t undertake a divination unless you really feel you have to.  Curiosity isn’t good enough, IMO. You have to almost be in a place where you feel you can’t not do it. 

You don’t need a divination to validate your relationship with any Name.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:34:07 am by Taji »

Offline Tamiwi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 10:06:02 am »
Em Hotep everyone,

It's very refreshing to see an honest conversation about beloved divination. I cannot express how greatly I agree with Taji in this thread, especially in regards to curiosity being not "good enough", and how we do not need a divination to validate our relationship with the Names. In this word of constant validation, I am seeing a removal in trusting in ourselves. We need people beyond our own inner voice to tell us we are okay, we need someone else to tell us that we are "allowed" to do certain things and, when we do, we need others to recognize it. This is not always necessary.

That is not to say I belittle other people's wish to undergo divination for additional beloveds, and I will make that very, very clear. This is a personal journey for all of us, and I am not the maker or shaper of that path. Only you are. For those that have additional beloveds, I rejoice with you as I have rejoiced with you when you obtained your original RPD. It is a step forward in contacting more of who you are and who the Names are helping you to be, and it is never, ever, a mistake to ask and explore your journey with meditation and consulting with your Ka, the Nisut, and the Names in your life. There was a reason the Nisut put this additional divination in place, and for that I will never discourage someone to pursue it if they have taken it under careful consideration towards the responsibility it entails. 

That being said, I personally feel as if I never had to undergo a divination for additional beloveds simply because I have not fully explored my relationship with my current beloveds. There have been times when other names have made themselves permanently known in my life, and I treat them with the same space and recognition I do my current beloveds. Yinepu is one of the foremost among them, as is Set. Due to my partner's RPD Set now has his own happy space, but I have no doubt that the both of them would present themselves within a divination for beloveds. That is enough for me to honor and speak with them whenever I need too.

Honor all the great many names, know the place they may have in your life at the given time, and know that to know One is to know them All.

Senebty
Tamiwi

W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

Online Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 12:51:05 pm »
Em hotep!  *henu*

I have had two Beloveds divination over the years.  First was HetHert, who gave me the choice.  In retrospect, I was too hasty.  I still feel like my relationship with Her could use strengthening.  Then last year was HeruWer, who I did not rush into, but He said no.  He is still present in my life, as He has been for over 10 years.  He is on my senut shrine, and I adore Him.  It’s okay that he’s not a beloved, and perhaps one day I’ll figure out why he’s around.

Senebty,

Ankhetbast

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 04:36:17 pm »
Em hotep, friends!

I wanted to check in and clarify (because I'm not sure if some responses are directed towards me or just in a general way?) . . .

When I mentioned "my idle curiosity," I didn't realize (but I do now!) how this could have come across as incredibly flippant, a la undergoing the RPD out of mere curiosity. My curiosity was about the process as a whole, not for myself specifically. ^_^ And for that ambiguity, I am sorry.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:39:01 pm by Gezausenu »
child of Set and Sekhmet

Offline Taji

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:05 pm »
Mine were directed generally in a “don’t do what I did” sort of way.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:11:07 pm by Taji »

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 06:42:18 pm »
And I really, really appreciate your honesty, Taji--and everyone else's! I do think there's something . . . I don't know . . . maybe it's a "greater" responsibility when a God is giving you a choice to enter into a relationship like that, a relationship you'll never "lose" (such that we know right now). In our RPDs, it seems to me that the choice is more subtle: accepting or rejecting our whole lineups . . . which to me has a different flavor then a God giving you the chance to answer "Do you want Me to be with you?"

So for those of you who've shared about leaping into accepting new Beloveds, "for better or worse," . . . thank you for sharing, and I'm grateful for your honesty. <3 If anyone's genuinely curious about having a Beloved divination done, I hope that it gives them something good to mull over first. :)

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
child of Set and Sekhmet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2725
  • stats Total Posts: 275085
  • stats Total Topics: 18481
  • stats Total Categories: 8