Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Beloved Divinations  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: Beloved Divinations
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 09:58:59 pm »
I have one parent and one beloved. In the last 2 years I’ve had experiences with a number more. Some of Whom I have informal places for.

Yet I have absolutely no intention at this time of ever asking for a divination.

First, because as Tamiwi said, I haven’t learned enough, or interacted enough, with the one I have.

Second, it doesn’t feel necessary to me? I feel like I have my hands full with what I have (how do you people with two parents handle it????). And, I think unless One came out and said “You!!!!” I just won’t feel a need to?

I did feel a bit envious in the early years that I had only one Parent and one Beloved when I read about RPDs where people had two Parents and a plethora of Beloveds, as if more meant They liked them better? But I’m no longer that person and feel special as I am.

Just my 2 cents.

Ibi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 10:19:29 pm »
I have one parent and one beloved. In the last 2 years I’ve had experiences with a number more. Some of Whom I have informal places for.

Yet I have absolutely no intention at this time of ever asking for a divination.

First, because as Tamiwi said, I haven’t learned enough, or interacted enough, with the one I have.

Second, it doesn’t feel necessary to me? I feel like I have my hands full with what I have (how do you people with two parents handle it????). And, I think unless One came out and said “You!!!!” I just won’t feel a need to?

I did feel a bit envious in the early years that I had only one Parent and one Beloved when I read about RPDs where people had two Parents and a plethora of Beloveds, as if more meant They liked them better? But I’m no longer that person and feel special as I am.

Just my 2 cents.

Ibi

Thank you Ibi for writing this. It helped me to be more grounded on my own path ^^
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 09:37:53 am »
Em hotep!  *henu*

I have had two Beloveds divination over the years.  First was HetHert, who gave me the choice.  In retrospect, I was too hasty.  I still feel like my relationship with Her could use strengthening.  Then last year was HeruWer, who I did not rush into, but He said no.  He is still present in my life, as He has been for over 10 years.  He is on my senut shrine, and I adore Him.  It’s okay that he’s not a beloved, and perhaps one day I’ll figure out why he’s around.

Senebty,

Ankhetbast

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.

Em hotep nefer, Ankhetbast! :D

How Heru-Wer is with you is how I feel Sobek is with me. He's been "around" for many years, and He has icons in both my formal Senut shrine and in my informal shrine. A Beloved Divination asking after Him is a matter of "when" rather than "if" for me. I'd like to learn why He's a persistent presence, and even a "no" would give me a more complete idea than I have now. :P Whatever the nature of the worship-relationship, though, I'm not going to stop worshiping Sobek. He's given me a lot, and I've given Him a lot of devotion over the years -- so why ever stop that exchange? :)

I think that's the crux of it: the Beloved Divination isn't a validation, only a confirmation that "something is there" in a particular way. Beloved-status isn't the only way that "something is there" between a person and a particular Netjer(et). That said (speaking entirely generally, of course), I do sense it's a commonly-held belief that if a Beloved Divination renders a "no," then "nothing is there, period" -- which is distinctly untrue. :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 09:54:31 am »
Sometimes I wonder about Names who give you the choice.  I wonder if it’s kinda “Sure, I like you alright, kid, and I don’t mind a spot in your shrine and offerings of stuff.” 

I think when a Name offers, taking some time to consider is appropriate. Relationship with Netjer is reciprocal.  And the beloved relationship, from what I understand, affects who we fundamentally are in ways other relationships with the divine do not. 

Sometimes there isn’t a choice.  I think Set/Heruwer was a confirmation  of a relationship that already existed and that had already in some way defined me.

Aset, who gave me the choice, not so much.

I love Aset.  But again, hasty thing.  Poorly thought out.  And now permanent.

Has anyone ever been offered the choice and said no?  In some ways, it’s so flattering to be offered that I think it would be hard to say no.
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 12:18:32 pm »
Em hotep, everyone! *henu*

It makes me curious too, on whether there is another form on divination that can be done to confirm a Name's presence that isn't a permanent responsibility. It's a silly comparison, but I absolutely love animals, and really really want to have a pet, but I cannot care for one at this time, give it the attention it needs, the food it deserves, or other unexpected needs it might have. So as much as I love animals, it comes with a great responsibility. I don't have the heart to take one in, if I cannot commit fully to make sure it's treated well and lives a happy life.

So added Beloveds for me is not just a new statue in shrine, or a passing interest, no matter how in love I am with the idea, and the excitement it presents at first.

I'm similar to Ibi, in the sense that even though I only have one Beloved, that is more than enough for me. I've had many Names come and go in my life, and I love every single One of Them. Allowing Netjer to stop by and spend time, and honouring Them during that time together lets me cherish those moments with Them as much as possible to avoid taking it for granted, and without the permanent responsibility that can feel like work that is involved (and avoid beating myself up if I can't upkeep those needs). So I am very happy with these "visits" only~ :)

That said, I still think the Beloved Divination is quite fascinating! And how people go about deciding to take it, if they already need to have a decent understanding of Who is present to begin with! I always wondered what effect it had on the person seeking it, whether it gave a new lens on how they see life like the other Beloveds in the RPD do? Or more like a new adopted family member living in your home?

Thanks for sharing everyone~ :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:21:21 pm by Inqisenu »
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Child of Hethert-Iusaas & Heru-sa-Aset, Beloved of Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Ematsen

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 01:59:20 pm »
This thread has actually given me some interesting insight as to how I interact...or how I want to and should interact with my Beloveds. (I've been seeing a lot of things come up about Beloveds recently and I think They're tapping me on the shoulder about it, heh.)

I was divined at my RPD with my large and lovely family and I already have trouble keeping up with all of Them... I can't imagine being divined for any MORE at the moment!  ;D
Senuwiematsen - My Two, In Their Moment.

Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Set.
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet, Heru-Wer, her Nut.

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 09:20:37 am »
Em hotep, Gezausenu and everyone!

Thank you for starting this thread, Gezausenu. It has been great to hear other people's stories and the resulting discussions have been interesting! We actually got talking about this on the Discord server yesterday and I mentioned my situation, which I will elaborate on here in case anyone might find it interesting or helpful.

I had a Beloved divination about 6-7 months after my RPD. While I was very pleased with my RPD results, I felt that there was something missing. For me, I tend to associate different aspects of my life with the Netjeru. At the time that this all took place, I was an undergraduate in college and was switching my major and trying to decide what career direction to pursue. Hethert was motivating me to pursue something I was passionate about. Djehuty was steering me in the direction of pursuing the sciences (which ended up being chemistry). But I also really wanted to have an environmental focus for my studies. This interest was more than idle curiosity. I felt deeply invested in learning about the Earth as well as protecting it, and so it was (and still is) a large part of my life that I felt I needed a Name of Netjer to walk with me through.

And so I had the divination and Geb gave me a choice. It makes sense that He gave me a choice, otherwise He would have just showed up in my original RPD a few months prior. Anyway, I said "yes" without hesitation because I needed Him and His guidance in my life. That was nearly 9 and a half years ago and my relationship has evolved quite a bit, but the fact that I need Geb hasn't changed. I also don't feel like the fact that I was given a choice changed the significance of my relationship with Him at all. Life is all about the choices we make, and the fact that I chose Geb to be a part of my life is really special.

Now I feel like the three Names in my line-up cover all aspects of my life, in one way or the other. I don't want to say "never," but I would be really surprised if I ever do a Beloved divination again. If I do decide to do it, however, I think it will be because there is a new part of my life that I am venturing on and I want/need the guidance of a particular Netjeru. But this is just my take on the whole thing. Everyone has different relationships with their Beloveds :)

Senebty,
Endy

Edited to add: I had a close relationship with Geb for a while prior to the divination (I cannot remember exactly how long, though). It wasn't just that I decided He would be good to have in my life
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:24:19 am by Djehutyendy »
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Shemsu-Ankh Liaison | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 10:10:25 am »
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I think of my beloveds like the Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty. If Parents are Who you are, Beloveds are How. They each provide something that is a piece of Tjemsy; Bravery, Song (I'm putting this even though my voice is swiss cheese and I'm horribly out of key all the time, because "Joy" just felt yucky, even if That Too Probably I Guess), Insight, and Nurturing. I felt something was missing, too, shortly after my RPD. There was a big part of me that was just a sort of hole, and that was filled by Nebthet. I needed something -like- nurturing, but very much -not- associated with children, not a sort of "mothering." And I found it very strange that none of my Names seemed to represent the Akhu, which is a huge thing for me.

Almost immediately after the RPD I felt a female name that was "different." I wondered if it was another variant of Taweret for a while, but I got that very strong "not a mother, not a child thing." Didn't take me too long to ID her as Nebthet. She came after the RPD, because if she came during, I would not have understood, and it would really have hurt me rather than help me. Her word is Compassion. She is how I relate to other adults; I don't feel "mothering" with them, but I'm very much a person who wants to understand and support people. Taweret is how I relate to children, all love and fierce protection.

Nefertem I don't really understand, yet. I remembered that I guessed I'd have 2 beloved divinations, and was wondering if there was another hole somewhere that I was missing. Thought it was weird that children are such a huge thing for me, and I didn't have any sort of child god anywhere. And where was my creator deity? I was pretty sure I was supposed to have one of those. Then a lot of Nefertem stuff got dropped on me. He's not subtle. XD It took me a while to decide to have the divination, because it seemed like he was very obviously stating he's a Beloved, and I don't fully understand why. I didn't know what he brought to my life, or what his "gift" to me was. Finally, I decided that it was okay that I don't know. There's a lot I don't know about my gods. I'd learn.

Then I was worried he'd say no, after I'd pretty much totally decided he was coming onboard. XD

When he came as Nefertem-Imhotep, I had a 5-second "oh no what have I done" moment. I thought that having one of those complicated godforms was just...impossible for me. I'm not here as a scholar, I don't know about these things. The sixth second, I was back to "I'll learn." And likely I won't learn as a scholar, either. There's more than one way.

Now I'm here thinking about what his word is. I'm sure it will be very obvious sometime, but right now I am sort of ???. Innocence? Wonder? I do like wonder. Creation? -shrugs-
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 12:18:40 am »
This is extremely interesting and I am enjoying reading everyone's responses!!

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary of my additional Beloved divination, it was done in July of last year.
After my RPD I did not feel like anything was missing. I was super happy about my lineup, very pleased with everyone. The only one it took me a while to know was Hethert, but I slowly bonded with her. Everything was going great with all of my lineup, I felt I had a great relationship with my Parents and I had a relationship with Set and Yinepu even before I knew what Kemetic Orthodoxy was.

But then one night I had a dream of a goddess cradling me in her arms, comforting me and soothing me into sleep. It felt so different than any dream I had ever had, so powerful. I kept having dreams of this goddess and had a few outside divinations done by friends to see what name came up. I thought it may have been Nit and that was the name that kept appearing. She would not let up, her presence became overwhelming almost. I knew she would become a permanent part of my life. I didn't know her very well, but with Sobek-Ra as my Father I already felt a connection to her.
When Hemet(AUS) did my divination she said that it was a definite yes and that I absolutely had no choice. I kind of figured that would be the case based on the interactions I had been having with her. I was happy with the outcome of the divination!

There are many gods who aren't in my lineup who I speak to and have relationships with that I know will be there probably for the rest of my life. I have a fondness and connection to those gods but I do not wish to have a Beloved divination for them because I know it is not necessary for our relationship to continue.
It was very different with Nit though. I knew I needed the divination, I felt it in my gut that it was what she and I both wanted. I didn't have to do it, but I wanted to as much as she wanted me to.

I am still working on getting to know her, but she is vast and I feel she will give me feelings of mystery my whole life (which I am fine with, I enjoy the feeling she gives me and I love exploring her aspects). I haven't felt that her presence has been extra work at all. I feel comfortable with all the gods in my lineup and I don't feel any strain with dividing my time between them or sharing time with all of them.
Not sure how to end this, but that's my story of my Beloved divination!
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 01:04:17 pm »
Em hotep *henu*

I don't want to take this off topic, but I can not express the relief I am feeling, to hear others say that they felt they were too hasty, or would have made a different decision.  I adore Nut,  She was the reason I went for a Beloved divination years and years ago.  She gave me the choice. I am not so sure that I would have made the decision to go forward with it now, because I just crave the intimacy of my simple one Parent, one Beloved Shemsu divination. I even fear gaining new Beloveds a bit now. I have been carrying a bit of guilt for feeling less connected to Nut over the years, and never knowing how to approach her. I remain awe struck by Her of course, but I also uncovered something in an old journal not long ago, that might have explained the facination I had at the time I went for a Beloved Divination.

I'll keep her of course, but I do think if I had the option now, I would have chosen differently. Just for the sheer responsibility of it all. I really hope that doesn't sound horrible.

Senebty!
Djedet
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit-Nebthet, Meryt Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/ (formerly Wesir org)

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 01:31:11 pm »
Sounds fine to me, Djedet. I’m very fond of my one Parent one Beloved state.

❤️

Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 01:52:59 pm »
I was originally one Parent and one Beloved but Heru-wer was around me constantly and I did not know how to handle the pressure that caused for me. When I got the divination I was given a choice (apparently He always does, or at least did as of 2011) but I could not imagine saying no to Him. It's not the same kind of connection I have with Dad or Seshat/Nit, but it is indeed a strong connection and as the years go on I understand it more.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »
Agreed.  I was divined with one parent and two beloveds, which sounds positively blissful now.

With Aset... it also happened during a time in my life when things were in flux, when I felt insecure, and lonely.  I was grasping at cool things to feel better.  Trying to find and reclaim my own power. Aset is great with all of that.  She did help me and She’s been a more easy going beloved than Her reputation would suggest.  Perhaps in part because I’m mostly “headblind” and not super duper religious.  But I do sometimes feel a lot of guilt and worry that I’m not holding up my end of the bargain.  I don’t feel all that connected to Her right now.  Though to be honest, I don’t feel terribly connected to Sekhmet right now either and She’s one of the ones I came with.  Yinepu felt distant for years, too, though maybe less so now.

Zat, Heruwer didn’t give me a choice back whenever that was.  Bawy year. What year was that?  But I hadn’t asked to divine for Him, just Set.  I think it was an unusual situation.
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »
That was 2007-2008, and I was actually thinking about you and Bawy when I was typing that because of recalling you got a 2 for 1 deal. :)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 07:44:42 pm »
Wow.  10 years already?  Holy expletive.  😊
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286160
  • stats Total Topics: 19404
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217