Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 71
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Seeking ordination  (Read 1641 times)

Offline AnkhNHotep

Seeking ordination
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:00:20 pm »
I was given a vision of the Goddess Isis, I was given several tasks, one of which is to become a fully ordained priest of the Goddess(warning that if I fail I'll never know happiness). This led me to leave Toledo Ohio 1 month and 1day ago. I have repeatedly contacted the temple of Isis in geyserville California. A branch of the FOI...I have had all calls go unanswered, same with email and messenger. Went up to visit but was during their Beltane festivities and I did not have the funds to participate. This was may 4th...since then no replies until finally I was told to come up during the week to spend the day figuring things out with the director, I did and when I arrived the director had left for the holiday...last week Tuesday. I had nowhere to go and only $20 left to my name, their priestess said it would be $40 per night to camp there and wait for the director. I have been out of money since last Thursday and very nearly out of food. I am living in a tent by railroad tracks, waiting for the director to return around mid week. I have no transportation so I'm stuck here with around 95lbs of things I thought I'd need for this trip but the Isis Oasis acting as they have has left me with a lot of weight to carry and nowhere to go. I am simply trying to fulfill the orders of the Goddess.  I would gladly work off any costs of education, I am also a tattoo artist of 16 years experience( with no nearby shop to go to). Can anybody help me in any way to get closer to my goal? If you can my number is 4193270402. I only have a phone due to kindness of relatives that don't understand what I'm doing but want me to be able to call for help in an emergency. I am getting a bit desperate, please help.

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
Re: Seeking ordination
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »
Our gods would never require you to impoverish yourself to serve Them, nor threaten you with misery if you did not.

Go home.  Get back on your feet with employment. If the visions don’t cease and continue to threaten you, consider an evaluation with a trained mental health provider. 

Isis will still be there. You can continue to serve Her. If She wants you for Her priest, She will provide for the opportunity to present itself.  In the meantime, please prioritize your own needs.
Best wishes and senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:50:41 pm by Taji »
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline AnkhNHotep

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:24:02 pm »
The vision was once, and its not a mental health issue, there's a plan...I am thinking I chose the wrong temple/group...she didn't say go to her temple...go to the temple in California and become ordained...so, I figure I found the wrong one, looking for the right one...and the Goddess didn't impoverish me, that would be human issues...and everything I was asked to do is for the better for me and for my family. Issue is once I'm home I'm stuck there, it was now or never to get the ball rolling. And I don't intend to go home a failure. Also, why does someone say visions and immediately mental health is the first thought? Did not many of our spiritual forebearers have visions which they followed and led to a better life for them and those they cared for? All ancient native cultures had shaman who did the same as I do now, That is what I'm doing...following this vision to a better life for myself and those I care for.
Thank you for the response. 

Offline AnkhNHotep

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:29:13 pm »
The vision was once, and its not a mental health issue, there's a plan...I am thinking I chose the wrong temple/group...she didn't say go to her temple...go to the temple in California and become ordained...so, I figure I found the wrong one, looking for the right one...and the Goddess didn't impoverish me, that would be human issues...and everything I was asked to do is for the better for me and for my family. Issue is once I'm home I'm stuck there, it was now or never to get the ball rolling. And I don't intend to go home a failure. Also, why does someone say visions and immediately mental health is the first thought? Did not many of our spiritual forebearers have visions which they followed and led to a better life for them and those they cared for? All ancient native cultures had shaman who did the same as I do now, That is what I'm doing...following this vision to a better life for myself and those I care for.
Thank you for the response. Also the Goddess wasn't threatening...she was explaining what would occur if the necessary changes weren't made. I have a need to serve the Gods, for most of my life it has mainly been Asar that I've been devoted to until this vision, it is something I need for myself just like all the tasks the Goddess set me to. I see the patterns of my life and on reflection I found that she was right, I can't be a whole and happy person until I do what needs doing.

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 06:16:35 pm »
Becoming a priest in any of the modern revivals of Kemetic worship, to include the House of Netjer and the FOI, is an endeavor that takes years.

None of these temples have a place for you to live or food for you to eat.  None of them can support your basic physical needs in this quest. People become ordained priests in these traditions through years of practice and study while they also go about their mundane lives.

I am concerned about your vision and calling because while Gods do talk to us and ask for our service, this isn’t generally how they do it.

Don’t go home if home is toxic.  But making provisions for your basic necessities seems the better part of wisdom here. 

Again, best wishes to you,

Taji
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:32 pm »
I agree with Taji on this one. Take care of your needs first. If they are not met, that will negatively effect your ability to serve.

Pretty much anywhere that has priesthood has a sort of initiation thing, and generally they require you to have been following them for some time before that initiation can be done. I can't think of anyone/anywhere that would allow you to become a priest Right Now.

In KO, everyone starts off as a Beginner. As a Beginner it is required that you take the Beginner's course, regardless of how or how long you have been practicing. There are no exceptions. The Beginner's course is free and takes place digitally over a number of weeks. After this, you can graduate to Remetj, and when you are ready, you can have your RPD done and become a Divined Remetj. At this time, you can choose whether to give vows and become Shemsu. If you don't become Shemsu right away, you can always do so later. After Shemsu comes Shemsu-Ankh, which requires an initiation that is kept secret. After a year of being Shemsu-Ankh, you may become a candidate for W'ab priesthood. For this, you must be approved by Hemet and Netjer.   It's a long process to become a priest, but a fulfilling one.

Remember that you don't need to be a priest to serve your goddess. You can build a shrine for her in your home, talk to her, and present offerings. This will make your bond with her stronger.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 07:38:05 pm »
I agree with what has being said, totally. Maybe you are thinking that nobody understand you or your religious needs, but you are precious to Isis and all gods, being a priest or not. And to take care of yourself, the preciousness that the gods sustain and fight for, seems to be the only appropriated service to do now for Isis or any deity. This is part of anyone's life, and it will get you where the gods want you to be. Stay safe.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 08:05:05 pm »
I will echo what has been said. As a follower of Aset (Isis) have an RPD done and being divined as her daughter she would not threaten you with unhappiness if you can't get it done quickly.  Being a priest of any Netjer is a job that takes years to obtain. 

She would want you working and taking care of yourself first and foremost. You aren't refusing her wishes and she knows just how long becoming a priest will take (it's not overnight or quick).  She will provide opportunities for you without having to threaten you (she isn't the kind of goddess).

Be patient and get yourself a job a place to live and take care of you, you can't serve anyone the way you are now.  Part of serving is self care.

Best of Luck
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Offline AnkhNHotep

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 09:22:34 pm »
I wonder if this is how the priests of the old temples would have responded. Go home. And again, the Goddess was not threatening but warning me of my own future if I don't become a better balanced human, everything I do serves a purpose or reason, doing for myself is unnecessary as I don't much worry about me, I do for my family and my Gods. I was warned similarly by Asar about 8 years ago...didn't listen because I figured I knew better and had all the time in the world...I'm 37 and halfway through life. They warn me of these things for my own good, which has generally gone unheeded because I didn't want to give up what I had and trust something better was coming. I'd love to show you a few pages from the book I wrote...but I'm not sure if I can or how to post a pic..is it possible on this forum? Kinda new to the tech thing.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 09:59:10 pm »
Em hotep,

I believe that all those who have responded here have responded as priests of old would have. Within ancient times, each priest still spent years learning their trade; they no more became priests overnight than we do now.

When we say, go home, take care of yourself first, we are giving you the best possible advice for you in this situation. There isn't a better option or idea available to us; our Gods don't demand, don't threaten, don't punish. They don't warn us that should we do or not do something, there will be consequences. Other people's God's can and do, but that's not us.

Within KO, we have also had conversations about how every Shemsu that services a shrine in their homes is the equivalent of an ancient priest. We have a daily rite, we have specific Gods we serve, we give offerings and time and love.

Which is why we have a different structure than ancient times.

Additionally, I'd look into your local services for shelter that way at least you might get a roof over your head and some food in your belly.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Ematsen

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:08 pm »
If you read carefully what has been said, nobody has said no.

What has been said is: There is a process. It takes years. It takes having a home, a roof over you head to keep a shrine in, and the ability to support all of that monetarily.

You say that you do not care for yourself because you care for the Gods, but that is a contradiction. If you are hurting, if you are homeless, if you are hungry and alone...how are you able to care for the Gods, then? If you are Their vessel, then doesn't it make sense to take care of yourself? To keep yourself well because, if for no other reason, you belong to Isis and Her children should be kept in good health and safety?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:13:35 pm by Ematsen »
Senuwiematsen - My Two, In Their Moment.

Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Set.
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet, Heru-Wer, her Nut.

Offline AnkhNHotep

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:17:56 pm »
Is it possible to post images here? I'm still not finding a way to do that. And I don't expect overnight but to teach online to me seems hollow...I believe the faith is meant to be shown face to face in person. And as I can see nobody is fully aware but the Isis Oasis where I am actually has a month long in person ordination program wherein one works and learns. And if the gods are not kind enough to you to warn you when you are about to damage your own life and try to put you on a descent track then I truly feel bad for you. Though I often fail to adhere to what they say and I pay for it, their words have physically saved my life more than once. I practice a more shamanic path to the Gods(why else are they wearing masks? That is a shamanic trait.) I understand that my methods may be unfamiliar to you, or make you uneasy, but are my visions less real or valid than your dreaming? The Gods speak to each of us in the ways we can understand best. And my dreams have always been the same since I was a small child...a war so terrible that almost nothing of man is left, a future full of ashes and dust and death. And that's when I sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. I haven't asked for easy or short...but to actually learn the ways of the Gods as they are carried out by others, but in person which to me feels far more meaningful than reading something online and pressing a few keys, that may be sufficient for some but I see no reason that a functioning group with 501(c)3 status shouldn't have an actual physical seminary, whether it takes a month or a decade to complete. I find it a bit depressing that any other faith...including the newcomer to the game, Wicca has actual seminaries, yet the oldest faith on earth has not a single one...spiritual service goal maybe...any takers? Also I keep my altar necessities with me on this trip, including a ball of kyphi...religious items and tattoo equipment are part of the weight distribution issue lol...and this town has no gas station so...yeah no tattoo parlor either, or a grocery store...very strange little town they have here.

Offline Tjemsy

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:11 am »
Everyone here has already spoken about how you might become a priest and serve your goddess in our religion. It is a long process to become a priest, whether or not you begin such in-person or online. There are no exceptions for anyone in this. And we have spoken on why it is very, very rare to find a sort of Insta-Priest Seminary in person. A lot of Kemetics are solitary these days, because it can be hard to connect with people when you all live on other sides of the world. It can be hard to just find a group of us. There very well might not be one. A suggestion for you: better than living on the streets, if you are home meeting your physical needs, it may be easier for you to find what you need by searching for groups online. Once you find something, then go out and get it. Your search is no less worthy if you do it online.

No one is telling you that you can't be a priest, or that priesthood will not enrich your life. We are telling you that priesthood is a long process, which you can begin now...but it is important to meet your own physical needs while you do this. Isis would not want you to be hungry and without shelter even if you will receive great things in return. Because you can receive great things without being hungry and homeless. And they will be no less great because of it; no matter what, they come from your goddess.

If you'd like to pursue priesthood with us, I'd be happy to talk with you more on that subject. But right now, it seems to me you are looking for something we cannot provide? Our services are online. Even if you did attend an in-person gathering, which we do have from time to time, it would still be impossible for you to become a priest without the appropriate training. The training is the same that we have already mentioned, it is online, and there are no exceptions or workarounds to make it go faster. If you want to begin this process, we would be happy to help you get started. If you are still looking for some sort of Insta Priest thing, in person or no, unfortunately that is not possible with the House.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:25:31 am by Tjemsy »
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 07:03:27 am »
Our priest training is in person.  But you don’t qualify for it for years.  It requires the online beginners course that itself takes months.  Then the RPD Rite.  Then a year or so fulfilling the responsibilities of a shemsu before taking the in person Rite of Weshem Ib that makes you Shemsu Ankh, an elder of the faith. After a few years  filling the requirements of that role, you could undertake priest training with the permission of our King and your personal God(s) who may or not even be Aset depending on what your RPD said.  Even if we did have a brick and mortar seminary, you’d still need to pay for it and have a place to live and food to eat.  You’d apply to it the same way you did any other such thing.  From home.

Our way isn’t the only way out there, but any legitimate organization will likely be very similar.  Anyone who offers to make you a priest over a weekend or a month long seminar is scamming you. Even the seminaries you speak of in other faiths have pre-requisites, formal application processes, take years, and cost money.

In antiquity, your answer would likely have been even harsher if you didn’t come from a bloodline/family that trained priests, in which case your vocation would be recognized and the appropriate training provided as a matter of course.  A random person showing up at the temple steps loudly demanding priesthood .... could not end well for that person.

Everyone here is trying to help you.  But you insist that we’re being jerks and that your way is correct.  Which brings me back around to suggesting that you really might want to bounce this stuff off of someone in the health professions. Discernment is important, and all the more so for we who believe that the gods do speak.  The question becomes what are they saying?  How are they saying it?  And is it wisdom?  The gods of the House of Netjer would not require you to drop your life, leave your job and your home to go on a vague quest to somewhere in California. They would not promise misery, yours and certainly not the world’s, if you did not do so.  Everyone benefits from asking oneself “what of this is legitimately from the gods and what is the workings of my own brain’s hopes and fears?”  Discernment can be tricky even for the most experienced among us.  But it’s super important. Sometimes divination with someone qualified to do so can help.

Again, best wishes,

Taji
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:55:17 am by Taji »
Tasedjebbast,
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 07:41:06 am »
Em hotep, friend.

Just wanted to chip in and say that you're in my prayers. May you have adequate shelter and food, wherever your travels take you, and may you come to a place of rest and peace where you can start to piece together what you believe your Goddess is asking of you, and why. <3 She might have warned you about the consequences of not becoming a priest, but I highly doubt She'd want you in your present circumstances.

So take care of you. <3 It's really hard to serve anybody, human or divine, if you're not in a position to take care of yourself.

Send me a PM if you'd like a hand tracking down potential resources for shelter or anything like that.

(Also, as a word to the wise: I know you're in a tough situation and looking for help, but be very careful giving out your phone number online. <3)

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286159
  • stats Total Topics: 19404
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything