collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What time do you do Senut?  (Read 2530 times)

Online Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: What time do you do Senut?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 12:13:48 pm »
Reshwi!!!! What a gorgeous image (the sparkling incense).

Ibi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2018, 06:03:56 am »
Em hotep, friends!

Not to derail this subject, but what you said piqued my interest, Rev. Sobeq; I wanted to bring this up here in case anyone else besides me is confuzzled.

I was taught that we're not supposed to worship informally at our Senut shrines, which was what I was attempting to explain when I talked about keeping them separate somehow (to a lesser degree of success, I think :P). Is that the case? Or does it not matter as much?

Thanks! ^_^

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

Em hotep!

You're not wrong! There's just a number of ways that space can be separated. In a perfect world the Senut shrine and informal worship space will be completely separate. If there isn't enough space, however, the Senut shrine can be contained within the informal shrine -- a dedicated portion of the shrine space devoted only to Senut. This might look like a chest with Senut tools in it, which is opened and then set up on a cloth in one's informal shrine for Senut; or a shelf on one's shrine cabinet that is dedicated only to Senut; or even a space within the informal shrine that is only touched during the Senut rite.

It's still a dedicated set-up for Senut, but it may overlap with the informal shrine if that's what makes sense within a given space.
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2018, 01:06:58 pm »
Em hotep, Rev. Sobeq!

Thanks very much for the explanation! ^_^ That's what I figured, but . . . then I second-guessed myself. Much obliged!

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Tamiwi

• Rev Danielle, Ordained Priest
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2018, 07:53:47 pm »
Em Hotep,

I find that I get different "feelings" or "responses" in shrine / senut depending on the time of day that I do them -- and strangely the time of year. I often find it most fulfilling if I do it at night-time, when the sun has completely set. If I'm going to work or know I will have a late night, I try and do it in the morning around 10am or so. Usually, though, I prefer to do it at night. The candles and quiet atmosphere of night-time brings something peaceful and ethereal to the room. :)
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288048
  • stats Total Topics: 19524
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything