collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Heru-wer  (Read 513 times)

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
Heru-wer
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:38:56 am »
It seems like it has been a while since anyone has talked about Him in depth, so I figured I'd start a conversation!

So, what are your favorite experiences with him? Upg? How does he interact with you?

I'd enjoy hearing anything you have to say :)!
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert and Set

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Heru-wer
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 11:58:02 am »
Em hotep, friend!

I get a very "quiet" Heru-Wer . . . He's almost never appeared to me alone (ever?), He's always with Papa Set--almost the Bawy but not quite. ;) He wanted this leather hat thingie I got, and it's a nice tangible reminder of Him, in part because I don't really hear Him much at all otherwise.

Given what all else I've read about Him, I'm kind of surprised that I "get" Him so quietly, and rarely at that. Nor do I perceive His militaristic side at all . . . more in a familial sense, I guess? More than anything? He's Papa's Brother, the One Who play-wrestles with Him in the sky--blue tranquility and Papa's kicking up a storm; They're each lenses by which one can look at The Other. ^_^

I do get the sense of His "keeping an eye out for me," though. Like a watchful eye--a guardian. My Lutheran pastor friend jokes with me by saying "May Horus be with you!", and I smile, because yes, Heru is with me. :P

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts! <3
Senebty,
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 12:54:05 pm »
Em hotep!

Heru Sa Aset is a Beloved in my lineup. He has typically presented to me in His falcon form, which varies; very kingly, dignified, and very observant (nothing escapes that hawk eye). Lately He has paired with Sekhmet, which is a very interesting duo. He has also presented as a police officer, immaculately dressed in a deep navy uniform, gold badge, and kingly demeanor. His speech is pragmatic, precisely worded, and to the point; and He looks intently at whoever He is speaking to. His "feel" is one that has seen war and the devastation that results, yet knows that there are times when things warrant fighting for. He makes a good duo with Wepwawet as a scout and work with archery/crossbow. (one of these days He will get a beautiful sword).

His Eye is one prominent symbol that He is teaching me at present (I've seen one of them start to move during Senut lately), and He has also instructed me about the Winged Disc. I made a parchment talisman of this, with homemade Dragon's Blood ink and painted, for a special purpose.

He has also presented atop my shoulder, alternating shoulders with Sekhmet whilst my Fathers sit on my head. :)

Senebty,

Tatuayinepu

Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:52:08 pm »
I see Heru Sa Aset in blue and gold too...not as a policeman though.  With shaggy, golden blonde hair.  It makes me think of the sky on a bright day with no humidity, that's how strong the blue is.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:20:37 pm »
I do get the martial side of Heru-Wer but mostly because I participate in martial arts when I physically can. That mostly manifests as ideas about discipline. He likes strong flavours. He asked for some of my flat bread and tzatziki recently. He’s been around a lot recently.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 10:32:37 pm »
Em hotep nefer, Teritui and all! :D

Speaking largely if not entirely to personal gnosis:

The Heru-Wer over me is a lot like the Heru-Wer Gezausenu and Demaimuti describe.

The Heru-Wer over me is very regal and martial. The Heru-Wer over me is also Pa-Wer-Sunu, "The Master Physician," and Pa-Tjesu, "The Commander / Protector," and the Semay ("Companion / Confederate") of Set, like the Heru-Wer of Res-Nubt (Kom Ombo) a good deal prior to the reformations of His cult there evident from the Ptolemaic (re)constructions. Additionally, the Heru-Wer over me is heavily solar, but not so solar as to be of an essentially equal nature to Re-Heruakhety.

The Heru-Wer over me is generally residing in the background, but He comes forward with some regularity. He also comes through strongly and radiantly when I most need motivation and encouragement in my religious duties and artistic engagements, kindly but firmly reminding me of my obligations. I love Him dearly, even if He is not always the "loudest" of the Beloveds in my life. <3

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 04:48:07 pm »
Heru-wer is one of my Parents, and I love Him dearly.

My Heru-wer is mostly the Heru of Nekhen (Hierakonpolis). He tends to come across as very young and very old all at once, and blurs with several of the other forms of Heru, because that Heru has encompassed so many things over so many stretches of time. He is primarily connected to the sky (my Heru-wer is very, very much a sky god), and to kingship, and leadership, more generally, as I perceive Him. He tends to hold me to my responsibilities and promises, and encourage me to take on new duties and roles in my life. He especially appreciates actions and commitments as offerings--work on personal projects, work towards particular goals, volunteer work, etc. He has a sense of humor, and is warmly protective and accepting. He comes across as very paternal, which is not surprising given that He is my Father, but also as a mentor/coach whom I can turn to for honest opinions and encouragement about my progress in my spiritual and everyday life. He always holds me accountable, and I want to meet His expectations. He can be quiet, in some senses--he doesn't tend to convey things through feelings and thoughts, as often as through external signs. When he does choose to communicate something, though, he tends to go with the most flashy and unsubtle sign possible!

I've been working on a devotional anthology dedicated to Heru (all the forms of Heru), so it's been interesting to talk more often to other Heru gods, such as Heru-sa-Aset, and, by doing so, feel out all the differences and points of similarity between Them and Dad. The other Heru gods sometimes feel like family by extension, through their connection to Dad, if that makes any sense.
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline HeryHeru

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 07:26:32 pm »
Em Hotep

I am Heru-wer son and to me he appears as a great general, the one to whom I fully trust. He teaches me responsibility, discipline and strength. Sometimes he comes to me as Heru-Behdety (I tattooed on my back) teaching me about the importance of moving forward in pursuit of Victory (Nekhtet).
I love my Father with all my heart!
He teaches me many things!
Dua Heru-wer

I created a space of Him, to which I write mainly about Him, if you want to know, visit www.perheruwer.blogspot.com.br

Senebty
Sa Heru-Wer, Meri Aset-Serqet her Set

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279816
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything