collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Em hotep  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Ankhsunamun

Em hotep
« on: July 28, 2018, 09:33:16 am »
Em hotep,

It's nice to be here.

I am a spirit worker and eclectic polytheist who worships mainly the Netjeru and the Theoi.

I have strong relationships with Djehuty, Auset, and Set.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Senebty

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Em hotep
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:10:25 am »
Em hotep and welcome! <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 10:26:44 am »
Em hotep! *henu*

It's a pleasure to meet you, welcome! :)
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Child of Hethert-Iusaas & Heru-sa-Aset, Beloved of Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Pekhty

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 11:10:34 am »
Em hotep and welcome Ankhsunamun.
PekhtyTaweret

sat Taweret her Nisut (AUS), meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hethert-Sekhmet

I'm my Mother's Strength

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 11:42:40 am »
Em hotep and welcome!

Yay for Djehuty! :)

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:48:47 am »
Em hotep,

It's nice to be here.

I am a spirit worker and eclectic polytheist who worships mainly the Netjeru and the Theoi.

I have strong relationships with Djehuty, Auset, and Set.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Senebty

Welcome!  Which theoi?  I had a childhood relationship with Hera that fell away and which need Bast-Mut now serves. 

But ... recently I’ve been pinged by Eris and not sure how I feel about that.  It’s mainly in relation to Her as snubbed, disrespected, excluded.  And vengeance as related to that.  Don’t get mad.  Get even. 

Not chaos per se.  But a definite sense of how none of this crap we obsess over is even real and what’s probably an unhealthy desire to stir [censored] around it.

I told Her I’m not sure I was up for honoring a deity with such questionable ideas. (I mean She’s totally right, but why stir [censored]?  Seems unwise, unnecessary and perhaps even unkind)  “Why not?” I got back. “You worship Sekhmet.”

Touché.

Discord - 1
Taji - 0
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:51:41 am by Taji »
Tasedjebbast, The One Whom Bast Restores to Life
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Ankhsunamun

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:31:15 pm »
Thank you for the welcomes Tjemsy, Pekhty and Inqisenu it is a pleasure to meet you too  :)

Endy yes it's always a thrill to find someone else on the team  ;) Dua Djehuty!

Taji, thank you for the welcome, I have been devoted to Ares for the past ten years.

Apart from him I mainly worship Aphrodite who I am also blessed to have a very strong relationship with.

I find your mention of your previous relationship with Hera very interesting because I paid respect to, honoured and  had dealings with a lot of the Olympians and other Theoi as well, but I use to feel very intimidated by Hera despite admiring her a great deal. (I worried that she didn't think I was good enough at serving her son!)

That changed last year though and Hera is a big part of my life now, she has her own shrine and everything. I have found her to be wonderfully regal and no nonsense but nowhere near as scary as I expected now that we are closer!

I love your exchange with Eris, she does have a point  ;)

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 04:03:15 pm »
Em hotep and welcome to the boards!  I hope you enjoy your time here.  ^_^

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Ankhsunamun

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 04:49:16 pm »
Thank you Sehedjef, I'm sure I will  :)

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 07:06:56 pm »
Hello, it's very nice to meet you!
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 07:08:37 pm »
Nice!  When I was kid I read Greek mythology for fun and Hera was always my favorite. I don’t know why. She was never portrayed very positively.  Jealous.  Vindictive.  Punishing the wrong people.  I mean She’s married to a chronic unrepentant philanderer and instead of getting mad at Him, She tormented the poor women who probably didn’t have much say in the matter.  It’s like Bill and Monica.  How do you turn down the King of the Gods when you’re a nobody?   You’re dazzled by the attention, you fall head over heels and then the wife (and everyone else) blames you.  I . . . kinda don’t like Zeus much.  His thunderstorms are scary af.  Give me Set’s any day. 

Of course I didn’t think that through as a kid and this was pre-Clinton.  I just knew I liked Hera.  And my Barbies dressed in chitons made of Kleenex and went to Her temple.

Today I have no shrine to Her.  Never really did.  But I think of Her as the loyal wife.  And the Queen who does Her duty and does it well because it’s Hers to do no matter how much it hurts.  I actually know what it’s like when the one you love is messing around with someone else.  It hurts.  It hurts like hell. And maybe they come back around to you, but part of you always worries about it, right?  And no.  You don’t like the other lady. You don’t like her at all.  Fair or not. 

The way you describe your relationship with Hera is actually a fairly apt description of mine with Aset.  She used to scare the ever living crap out of me.  Now I am Her beloved. And She is amazing. Fierce love.  She will do whatever it takes to protect those who are Hers.  Whatever it takes.

There’s something to the queen goddesses regardless of origin culture, I think.  It would be interesting to explore that.

Senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:51:59 pm by Taji »

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 07:19:58 pm »
I much prefer the Egyptian pantheon to any of the others.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 11:56:44 pm »
Nice to meet you and welcome to the Boards.

This is a great place to ask questions as there is a lot of interest in the other pantheons here besides Egyptian.  I am interested in the Maya, Aztec and Norse traditions as well (death aspects of their deities).

See you around.  :)

Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Ankhsunamun

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 08:52:49 am »
Nice to meet you too Yinapuemsaes and Meresinepu, glad to hear there is a lot interest in other pantheons here  :) I have some Norse connections too particularly Odin.

Taji, I relate to your attraction to Hera despite the unflattering depictions in the myths. I felt that way about many deities particularly Ares!

I get the Bill and Monica thing for sure and it's tricky because Hera couldn't exactly confront Zeus and win as King of Olympus, right?

Like that myth where she plotted to shackle him but he found out and chained her to the sky to stare into the Abyss.

Probably why she took it out on the conquests, nasty but I feel the patriarchy is the real monster in that story, and the things it can inspire women do to each other!

I can understand why you don't like Zeus, you're not alone there  ;) I love him as an awesome father figure but then I have been very lucky to have experienced his respectful sides due to being in service to Ares. I am scared of thunderstorms too no matter who is making them though, as much as I love Set  8)

Zeus made himself known to me since I was very young actually and it's interesting now that I think about it, I have always felt initially more comfortable with male deities and gods (particularly the times when I have approached them) than goddesses even though I have a lot of issues with and feel more nervous around human men and prefer the company of women.

It's like my female deities have always had to just claim me if they want me! I totally get what you're saying about your relationship with Aset being similar and the Queen goddesses having that vibe in common.

I think it has a lot to do with our childhood programming from fairytales etc where the Queen is nearly always the wicked stepmother and the Princess is the good girl. It's like a woman in a position of real power is considered too threatening, so they tar their reputation to keep women in their place and wary of reaching out to support each other  >:(

Also I think it's awesome about you dressing your Barbies in chitons and sending them to Hera's temple  ;D

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 07:05:00 pm »
So what is Ares like?

I ask because I may’ve just gotten pinged by Aphrodite.  And well, She’s not like Her hype.  And She likes Ares alright.  So maybe He’s not like His hype either. 

Why are Olympians never like Their hype?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279821
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything