collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: If the Netjer Had Modern Jobs  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
If the Netjer Had Modern Jobs
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:47:11 pm »
Em hotep everyone I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.  Today during Senut I got to brainstorming about an idea I got awhile back that made me wonder.  If the Netjer lived as we do, what kind of jobs would They have today based on their divine duties and personal gnosis.  So I thought it'd be fun to start a thread here for those who would like to share their ideas.  So to start with here's what I came up with:

Heru-sa-Aset: I imagine Him being a president whether of a country or just a business, either one works.  I can also see Him being a defense attorney, making sure the wrong guy isn't sentenced to jail for example.  Some other occupations I can see are Him as a cop/detective taking down the bad guys, and a pilot of a commercial airline or in the Air Force.

Set:  Honestly He was a bit hard to come up with, but a few that I thought of would be as a professional biker/mechanic, street racer, a rock star, and even a truck driver.  To me His handle would be something like Black Bandit, Red or Desert Bandit.

Nut:  To me Nut would be a caregiver helping the elderly, or perhaps a therapist.  I also see Her being a volunteer at a shelter helping and feeding the homeless.  And while I know She's not specifically associated with childbirth for some reason I can see Her as a midwife as well as a nurse who works with children.  I can see Her being a kindergarten teacher too.

Aset-Serqet:  She is kind of hard for me to pin down, but the few I was able to come up with are Her as a spiritual counselor/high priestess, as well as a healer/herbalist and/or a doctor.

Djehuty:  He was easy to come up with.  A scientist of any field.  A thespian/theater director who writes and directs His own plays.  I always picture Him as a somewhat flamboyant person wearing glasses and a scarf, in my head it's usually purple for some reason.  A scholar of any field.  A historian.  A college professor, such as Yale or maybe Oxford for example.  I can also see Him as an alchemist and astronomer/astrologist along with being an astrophysicist.  I can see Him as an architect, a lawyer and a stage magician.

Khnum and Hapi:  These two I see owning Their own spa and salon together.  Khnum would work in the hair, fashion, and beauty department while Hapi would work in the massage, mud baths, meditation, yoga department.  For example:  "Divine Beauty Spa and Salon, where our motto is "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."  They would serve all kinds, whether god/dess, mythical creature or human.

Ra:  I see Him being a sea captain, as well as a ship builder too.  Also can see Him being a lighthouse keeper making sure ships/boats are safe during the night, keeping away the darkness and other things.  I could even see Him as a jail warden too.

Yinepu:  Going with the obvious, He would be a funeral director.  Not sure if this one is obvious but I see Him as a medical examiner too.  Also as a medium (but not the showy kind of course who televise themselves) helping souls cross over and as a grief counselor helping the living deal with their loss.

Bast:  I can see Her working at an animal shelter or a rescue nursing wild animals back to health, especially cats, but other animals too.  I can imagine Her as a policewoman also protecting the innocent.

Geb:  He would be a gardener and I see Him as an herbalist, working in alternative medicine.  I could see Him being a chef too, and park ranger making sure people don't get lost and that parks aren't threatened too.

Wesir:  The only thing I could think of for Wesir is Him as a groundskeeper at a local cemetery, keeping the spirits company and protecting the land from vandalism.
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
Re: If the Netjer Had Modern Jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:24:58 pm »
To me, Aset is a business woman who pushes super hard against and resents the glass ceiling.  She may also be a politician.  Or both.  Whatever it is, she’s really good at it, but her style doesn’t win her many friends.  People say nasty misogynist things behind her back.  Never, ever to her face, but they plot against her.  Want to keep her down.  She’s able to rise and be very successful despite being a woman in a man’s world because she’s smarter than everyone else, resourceful, cunning, even manipulative and doesn’t have a lot of scruples.  And you probably don’t like her much until you realize that the reason she’s so hard core is she’s a single parent with a baby at home and hardly any other supports.  She has to do it all. 

Yinepu is a veterinarian specializing in exotic animals.  He gets really excited taking care of people’s rodents and lizards.

Bast is a social worker for the local child protection agency. I should point out that Bast-Mut totally isn’t.  Bast-Mut doesn’t work for money; money works for her.  She donates significant amounts of it to worthy causes. The local hospital has a new wing named after her.

Hethert is a flight attendant.  She enjoys life on the road and taking care of people and making them comfortable. She knows she’s supposed to charge the passengers in coach for booze, but she often doesn’t.  She may even give them an extra with a conspiratorial wink. She never gets in trouble. On her days off, she parties hard in the various cities work takes her to.

Heru-wer is an officer in the Air Force. He has a relatively high rank, but still answers to those above him. He’s happy to do that.  He works really hard and genuinely cares about those serving under him. When they die in the line of duty, he cries.   But he doesn’t let anyone see.  He informs their families personally. If you make him mad, he paces, blusters and is quite loud.  But then it blows over and there are no hard feelings. He uses the word “pussy” a lot.  He appreciates a beautiful woman, but never ever is even tempted to step out on his wife whom he considers the most beautiful woman of all.  He keeps a picture of the two of them together on his desk. He doesn’t get home much, but that’s okay. His wife doesn’t either.  When they do meet up, it is a joyous and Beautiful Reunion.  (Forgive me, guys.  That’s my favorite holiday)

Set is in the armed forces as well, a general in the Army where he is known as a brilliant military strategist who gets the job done against overwhelming odds. He loses men too, when he must, but doesn’t lose sleep over it. They knew what they signed up for.  He doesn’t ask anything of them that he is not prepared to do himself.  Their families are informed according to procedure. He seems cold, but that isn’t it.  Just practical. The mission is more important than the individuals performing it. Personal feelings only get in the way.  If you anger him, he’s scary.  He goes cold.  His voice drops an octave or two.  Speech is minimal, but driven right to the point. And he never ever forgets. You can however get him to blush and be a bit flustered if you happen to notice and remark upon that that he tends to drop by the agency where Bast works an awful lot, asking if she needs anything. 

Sekhmet is an activist, or perhaps an attorney, who tends to overdo it a bit. Her cause is a worthy one and she’s in the right about it, but she has a hard time working with people if it means doing what she sees as compromising her values, even a little.  She has a short temper and tends to go off on people whom she perceives as standing in the way of what’s right, which can be counterproductive. [I’m a physician who doesn’t get Sekhmet the Physician. Weird, huh?]

—-

I also recently sorted my line up into their Hogwarts houses. 

Bast-Mut - Slytherin.    Bast Herself is Gryffindor.  Mut makes her a snake.
Yinepu- Ravenclaw
Sekhmet - Gryffindor
Set - Hufflepuff
Heru-wer -  Gryffindor, but the hat strongly considered Hufflepuff
Aset - Slytherin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:56:40 pm by Taji »
Tasedjebbast, The One Whom Bast Restores to Life
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:15:05 pm »
That's awesome Taji.  I also love your idea about the Hogwarts House sorting.  Never thought of trying that.  But if I had too this would be mine:

Heru-sa-Aset:  Gryffindor
Set:  Slytherin
Nut:  Hufflepuff
Aset-Serqet:  Ravenclaw, but strongly considered Slytherin because of Her ambitious personality.

I also completely agree with your idea of Aset.  Although that's generally not the kind of personality that I experience from Her.  But that's just me.  I can still definitely see it though.

To me, Aset is a business woman who pushes super hard against and resents the glass ceiling.  She may also be a politician.  Or both.  Whatever it is, she’s really good at it, but her style doesn’t win her many friends.  People say nasty misogynist things behind her back.  Never, ever to her face, but they plot against her.  Want to keep her down.  She’s able to rise and be very successful despite being a woman in a man’s world because she’s smarter than everyone else, resourceful, cunning, even manipulative and doesn’t have a lot of scruples.  And you probably don’t like her much until you realize that the reason she’s so hard core is she’s a single parent with a baby at home and hardly any other supports.  She has to do it all. 

"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Offline Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:26:36 pm »
Sneaking in because I really like the idea of Hethert in my career field. 
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Sau Apprentice ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising PR ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:47:39 pm »
I definitely see Bast as a caregiver of some kind. A teacher, a daycare provider, a therapist, something like that.

Wepwawet is definitely a guide for an adventure company or maybe a park ranger or something like that. Something outdoorsy and complicated. I also feel like He never takes a day off. On weekends He teaches city kids to ride horses and if He ever goes on vacation He winds up rescuing someone from a rock slide or organizing a search for a lost hiker or something.

Set..... Hm. I do not know. I honestly get Him in a lot of different phases. But I could see Him as a political shock jock- He pisses people off with His opinions but He is usually right.
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:10:23 pm »
That's awesome Taji.  I also love your idea about the Hogwarts House sorting.  Never thought of trying that.  But if I had too this would be mine:

Thanks.  This is fun.  I fleshed out a lot of the above and then started wondering what their “love languages” would be.

Bast and Bast-Mut - physical touch
Yinepu - not sure, my Yinepu is too young is what I’m getting.  Yucky stage.
Sekhmet - not sure, what I’m getting from Her is Who has time for that?
Heru-wer and Set - acts of service
Aset - quality time (because she didn’t get enough)

Ha!  And Hethert?  “All of them.”   That’s not supposed to happen, but when you’re over the realm of love, I suppose you get an exception. 🤣
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:15:48 pm by Taji »
Tasedjebbast, The One Whom Bast Restores to Life
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 07:32:39 pm »
Yinepu/ Wepwawet-Chief Medical Examiner, expert witness, Surgeon General.

Heru Sa Aset- Attorney General

Sekhmet- Marine Corps General

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 07:36:52 pm »
Em hotep, friends!

*grins* This is amazing. I've been tempted to draw my Five in "modern" / human guises / occupations, but didn't want to seem blasphemous, so . . . this is a fun middle ground. ^_^ (And maybe I'll end up drawing Them anyway, haha.)

Papa Set: A heavy-rescue tow-truck driver. One of the folks who gets called out to clean up highways when bad things happen and semis get in wrecks: the folks who are in charge of keeping the roads open and people safe, regardless of the road conditions or time of day / night. Heavy, dangerous, extremely physically-demanding work that needs to get done . . . with big, powerful machines to boot. *

Mama Sekhmet: An ER doctor / surgeon. (The image I have in my head for Her is Her standing at the bedside of a patient with an open chest; Her hand massaging their heart is what's keeping them alive.) I've never experienced Her warrior side; only as a Healer. <3

Ptah: I see Ptah as being an art therapist, honestly. I was tempted to say either a meditation instructor or an architect, but . . . with me, He's all about healing and creativity and the intersection of both.

Djehuty: Definitely either an astrophysicist or a literature professor, but, like, the cool kind who actually meet with students outside of class for coffee and to talk about their papers if they're stuck. He'd be the sort of prof that pushes you and you kind of hate it but you love them so much that you don't.  (Basically, He's modeled off of a literature prof I had in undergrad: eccentric, flamboyant, and brilliant.)

Heru-Wer: Hm, I, too, was thinking Air Force pilot, haha. But then I thought about how Heru-Wer appears to me personally, and I'd have to say . . . police officer, hands down. Quiet and calm and collected, commanding respect not through force or fear but through kindness. Like His Brother, keeping people safe when things go wrong.

Keep 'em coming, friends! :D

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

* I highly recommend a documentary series called "Highway Thru Hell" if you're curious about that sort of thing. I found it fascinating.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:40:53 am by Gezausenu »
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 08:14:55 pm »
Em hotep, friends!

*grins* This is amazing. I've been tempted to draw my Five in "modern" / human guises / occupations, but didn't want to seem blasphemous, so . . . this is a fun middle ground. ^_^ (And maybe I'll end up drawing Them anyway, haha.)

Papa Set: A heavy-rescue tow-truck driver. One of the folks who gets called out to clean up highways when bad things happen and semis get in wrecks: the folks who are in charge of keeping the roads open and people safe, regardless of the road conditions or time of day / night. Heavy, dangerous work that needs to get done. *

Mama Sekhmet: An ER doctor / surgeon. (The image I have in my head for Her is Her standing at the bedside of a patient with an open chest; Her hand massaging their heart is what's keeping them alive.)

Ptah: I see Ptah as being an art therapist, honestly. I was tempted to say either a meditation instructor or an architect, but . . . with me, He's all about healing and creativity and the intersection of both.

Djehuty: Definitely either an astrophysicist or a literature professor, but, like, the cool kind who actually meet with students outside of class for coffee and to talk about their papers if they're stuck. He'd be the sort of prof that pushes you and you kind of hate it but you love them so much that you don't.  (Basically, He's modeled off of a literature prof I had in undergrad: eccentric, flamboyant, and brilliant.)

Heru-Wer: Hm, I, too, was thinking Air Force pilot, haha. But then I thought about how Heru-Wer appears to me and I'd have to say . . . police officer, hands down. Quiet and calm and collected, commanding respect not through force or fear but through kindness. Like His Brother, keeping people safe when things go wrong.

Keep 'em coming, friends! :D

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

* I highly recommend a documentary series called "Highway Thru Hell" if you're curious about that sort of thing. I found it fascinating.

Em hotep Gezausenu, I love it.  I'm glad I'm not the only who can see Set as a truck driver.  I also totally agree with your idea of Djehuty being that kind of professor hands down.  I can definitely see Him being fun and laid back teaching students outside beneath a great tree perhaps, but of course will be firm if He has too.  As for Sekhmet I never of Her in the medical field, I honestly see Her warrior aspect more than Her healing aspect.  I could see Her being a soldier or commander in a war, some really high rank.

Tatauyinepu, I can definitely see Yinepu as a Surgeon General now that I think of it. 

Subani, I never thought of Wepwawet in that way, but I can see it.  :)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 08:16:15 pm »

Em hotep Tawa'ubastmut, I'm curious now, may ask what that field is?

Offline Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 08:17:14 pm »

Flight attendant.  I can see it LOL
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Sau Apprentice ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising PR ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 11:44:56 pm »

Flight attendant.  I can see it LOL

lol I can totally see that.  Hmm, wonder how She would feel about that now.

Offline Tuteniaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 04:44:05 am »
Em hotep all, I love this thread!

For my line up:

Aset-Serqet to me feels like a stay at home mom who volunteers for everything, she does some hours at the poison center, she does hours at the senior and hospice center and at the food kitchen. Her priorities to me are her son and her people/community.
Love language: Quality Time (Totally agree there, she did NOT get enough time with Wesir)

Ra would be the most happy go lucky farmer you've ever met, he's got all sorts of produce that he brings to the farmer's market to sell and fresh honey from his own hive. He makes jams and cans beans. He flies his own biplane outside of his farm for fun and has a poker night with the boys.
Love language: Physical Touch (because the sun's rays touch everything)

Djehuty to me, would be A LOT like Gezausenu's Djehuty professor OR he is a library technician kinda guy, with gloves handling the oldest texts we have, gingerly, like they are his own children. He translates texts and scans them for copies. His hands are steady and his mind is sharp, finesse and grace are in his wrists. Maybe some of the texts he's made a copy on his own flash drive for some personal light reading. He takes work home all the time and drinks a tea and goes to town.
Love language: Words of affirmation

Wadjet would either be in the army OR a secret service member--protecting her King. She's such a warrior that it's hard to imagine her doing anything else for me... I almost said army doctor but it could only be in the combat sense in an active battle field, rushing to the wounded. She's strong and would never leave anyone behind. She's incredibly loyal and loving of her family, King and her people.
Love language: Acts of Service

This has been super fun.

Senebty

Tuteni
Sat Aset-Serqet 𓎬
Meryt Ra, Djehuty, her Wadjet
𓎬𓆫 𓅄𓁟𓆗
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 05:06:18 am »
I could totally see Nebthet as a grief counselor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 06:39:02 am »
Set: I cannot see Him as being a truck driver or anything like that. My Set is all odd and I can't describe Him very well as a result. He's a bit commanding like some kind of King. I'm not really sure what I see Him doing but that isn't it.

Heru-wer: Some kind of military veteran, definitely.

Ptah: Obvious but he'd be an architect or a carpenter or something like that.

Wepwawet: No idea yet. At all.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:40:33 am by Bawysudjawi »
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet-Yinepu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279816
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217