collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: If the Netjer Had Modern Jobs  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Capra

• Beginner
Re: If the Netjer Had Modern Jobs
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 08:03:59 pm »
:D Since they've not been mentioned yet, I'm going to go with Shu and Tefnut being meteorologists/storm chasers. Tefnut is soooo particular regarding getting data on wind speed, rainfall, cloud types, barometric pressure, etc. while Shu  - ok, he does that too, but - is more of an adrenaline junky when it comes to tornadoes and hurricanes. :D

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2018, 08:28:35 pm »
Bes would be a bouncer.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2018, 12:08:38 am »
Djehuty and Seshat would probably be librarians or record keepers. It fits them so much! ;)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2018, 08:52:49 am »
:D Since they've not been mentioned yet, I'm going to go with Shu and Tefnut being meteorologists/storm chasers. Tefnut is soooo particular regarding getting data on wind speed, rainfall, cloud types, barometric pressure, etc. while Shu  - ok, he does that too, but - is more of an adrenaline junky when it comes to tornadoes and hurricanes. :D

That is an interesting idea for Shu and Tefnut definitely.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2018, 08:53:44 am »
Bes would be a bouncer.

I love this.  :D
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 08:56:17 am »
Djehuty and Seshat would probably be librarians or record keepers. It fits them so much! ;)

Yep.  I can see that for Seshat, especially as a record keeper, and of course definitely Djehuty as a librarian, working at either the grandest library in the world, or even just a small town library too.  :)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 01:51:40 pm »

Yep.  I can see that for Seshat, especially as a record keeper, and of course definitely Djehuty as a librarian, working at either the grandest library in the world, or even just a small town library too.  :)

Yuppers. Totally.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Capra

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2018, 04:42:48 pm »
Seems someone had a brainwave similar to me once upon a time:
https://www.shmoop.com/shu-and-tefnut/

From their interests:
Meteorology - yup
Giant wind turbines - yup
Airplanes and aviation - yup
Sustainable living - i would have picked sustainable energy
Big cats - LOL! never even crossed my mind....

and under Books:
Storm Kings: The Untold History of America's First Tornado Chasers
These guys were crazy!

For everyone (almost) else:
https://www.shmoop.com/mythology/#EgyptianGods+Figures  :D

Offline Ihhyensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2018, 05:10:49 pm »
lets see...

Amun-Ra: I would see them as both. But think Indiana Jones, museums, adventures, Venice, but also a counsler. in a warm inviting enviroment that they are happy to sit and speak with you but also give you sound advice and a whoop over the head as a "lesson".

Sekhmet-Mut: here i would separate... Sekhmet- doctor, lab tech, researcher, a job that requires skills, intelligence, and a hint of humor. Mut- Lady CEO or Miranda from " Devil Wears Prada" i don't know why... but it seems fitting. If you put them together you get- an Educated fashion designer who also volunteers her time with groups that need her. ( or something of that flavor)

Wepwawet- Yinepu: This is pretty easy- or not! LOL... You know the story of Haichi? the dog who waited for his owner after the owner died.... that kind of loyalty. that is how i get Yinepu... loyalty, be there no matter what, a strong hand to hold on to, and a good buddy to have a beer with ( or your favorite beverage). I'm still learning Wepwawet, but i think a bouncer or DJ. something like that.

Wow.. my brain is weird. <3
Ihhy-"Acclaimed by Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Amun-Ra
meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
Daughter to (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Fedw divination for Sekhmet-Mut and Amun-Ra

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
lets see...

Amun-Ra: I would see them as both. But think Indiana Jones, museums, adventures, Venice, but also a counsler. in a warm inviting enviroment that they are happy to sit and speak with you but also give you sound advice and a whoop over the head as a "lesson".

Sekhmet-Mut: here i would separate... Sekhmet- doctor, lab tech, researcher, a job that requires skills, intelligence, and a hint of humor. Mut- Lady CEO or Miranda from " Devil Wears Prada" i don't know why... but it seems fitting. If you put them together you get- an Educated fashion designer who also volunteers her time with groups that need her. ( or something of that flavor)

Wepwawet- Yinepu: This is pretty easy- or not! LOL... You know the story of Haichi? the dog who waited for his owner after the owner died.... that kind of loyalty. that is how i get Yinepu... loyalty, be there no matter what, a strong hand to hold on to, and a good buddy to have a beer with ( or your favorite beverage). I'm still learning Wepwawet, but i think a bouncer or DJ. something like that.

Wow.. my brain is weird. <3

Em hotep Ihhyensenu, you're not weird at all.  I love the Indiana Jones idea.  And I like your Wepwawet-Yinepu idea too.  As for Sekhmet, definitely, and I don't have much experience with Mut, but I like it nonetheless.  :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279821
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything