Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nebt-het  (Read 534 times)

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
Nebt-het
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:23:35 pm »
What can people tell me about Nebt-Het? I’ve got offerings decided for days upon the year but I don’t have a clue what to get/do for Nebt-het.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: Nebt-het
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 09:55:24 pm »
Nebet Het likes chocolate, cheesecake, strawberry  flavored pastries, pastries, cookies, brownies, vegetables, fruits, beef, bread, coca-cola and sprite. 

Taboos: pork, fish (as Wesir's consort/mourner) and the color yellow

senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Online Iwaat

• Shemsu
Nebt-het
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:11:53 pm »
Offerings that have been well received include: chocolate, Coca Cola, strawberries and strawberry sweets like pocky and whoppers, cherries, sweet breads, cheetos, and purple and red flowers.
Hope this helps :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:15:08 pm by Iwaat »
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline GugaLopes

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:11:09 pm »
I once offered an expensive dark chocolate and she really liked it! For me it seems like she likes little things you take time do make, like cakes, break, drawings, paintings, poems, hymns, etc...
"I am All That Has Been, That Is, and That Will Be.
No mortal has yet been able to lift the veil that covers Me."
(Quote found on a statue of Nit at Sais)

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 01:21:22 pm »
Offerings I have made to Nebthet that She seemed to like include: coconut water, cheesecake, marionberries and blackberries, myrrh or lavender incense/oil, fancy cheeses (fresh high quality mozzarella, especially), elderflower flavored drinks, actions of self-care (getting a full night's sleep; doing something kind and restorative for my mental and physical health; spending time with loved ones, especially), and actions of care for my akhu and my living community. Nebthet is also one of the Netjer who seems very satisfied with cool water as an offering, rather than anything too fancy, possibly because of the self-care element of me drinking it after it has been reverted. ;)

Nebthet as I perceive Her, is deeply caring, compassionate, and protective. She is Nebthet of the Ma'ati, along with Her sister Aset, and wants to see good done for those living in the world, as well as the Akhu in the Duat. She loves Her sister, Aset, fiercely, and supports Aset through finding and restoring Wesir, and raising Heru in secret. She supplies those going through the grieving process with compassion, and gives those of us who are supporting friends and family through grief, trauma, and stress (as She supported Aset) Her strength. She reminds us to remember to care for ourselves during that process, as well as our loved ones.

That's just my particular "flavor" of Nebthet--everyone perceives Her differently--but I hope it helps give you some ideas for Her birthday! :)
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:01:16 pm »
Hoping to revive this thread to learn more about Nebt-het, Who I think I've been feeling drawn to recently or Who may be trying to get my attention.  I know almost nothing about Her.  I have been reading old discussions on the forums for the past couple of days and in one there was a mention of Her as being the consort of Set- where can I read more about this?  I do feel that a female presence associated with death has approached me recently.  At first I thought it might be Santa Muerte, but now I'm beginning to think it makes more sense for it to be Nebt-het, since any "pull" I was feeling did seem connected to Set.  Can anyone compare and contrast Nebt-het's presence with that of Santa Muerte?  Has Netjer ever been known to use icons of another culture outside of Kemet as a means of reaching us or commanding our attention? 

Edited to add: I've just discovered the Nisut's book on Her and have added it to my Amazon list! :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:52:56 pm by kathleen »
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 10:43:38 pm »
I don't really know Nebt-het well.  I would like to.  I have met Santa Muerte a few times in dreams.  I'm not an expert on either entity so please take everything I'm about to say in that light. 

I don't think you'd confuse the two.  Santa Muerte isn't a goddess; she's a folk saint (though some do think she evolved from an Aztec goddess of the underworld).  She's Death Itself.  She doesn't represent death.  She is death.  And she's terrifying.  When she came, I wanted to flee.  To run.  It was sheer terror.  And you can't run from her.  Sometimes she will let you, but she's always letting you.  And if she wants to catch you?  You're toast.  Her voice is dry and raspy.  She speaks English fluently, but with that dry voice and speech mannerisms and vocabulary that are somewhat archaic.  She is not a goddess and as such I don't think she's as forgiving as a goddess would be.  You can't start serving her and then decide not to later.  It's a lifetime commitment and a serious one.  This is ultimately why I told her, "No, gracias."  I can barely commit to consistently honoring my own gods.  I didn't think I could live up to what she required.  And there's no hard feelings when you tell her no.  She offers, you consider.  You tell her no and she goes away.  It's making the commitment and then reneging on it that's Really Really Bad. 

Despite all that, she's very compassionate.  She gives great hugs even though it's really weird getting hugged by a skeleton.  She doesn't have to be a skeleton. But she often is.  She's the great equalizer.  No one is untouched by her.  Everyone will meet her in the end.  And as such, she teaches how precious each fleeting moment is.  Nothing is promised, save death.  Live fully.  And if you serve her, she will help you to do that.  She's known as the patron of the outcaste, people who have been shunned by society for whatever reason.  And she listens to everyone without prejudice.  She isn't good or evil.  She is as neutral as the grave.  And she does deeply love those who commit themselves to her. 

Which again, I wasn't up for.  I still am scared she'll come back.  Part of me wants her to.  And part of me flees from the idea.  I mean, she will.  She always will.  She will someday, as she once told me, "carry you away to Heaven."

My experience with her was not at all Kemetic.  She was contextualized within the folk Roman Catholicism of Mexico.  She spoke of "Heaven", which isn't really a word I use.  She used other words that really aren't part of my own culture, but made sense when viewed through her own.  So yes, she is universal.  But she's also very, very Mexican. 

My experiences with her were the most vivid and real supernatural happenings that I've ever had.  Sometimes I still wonder if I made a mistake. 

Nebt-het . . . I don't serve Her, but I don't think She is death, right?  She's the Mourner, the Comforter.  And as such, I don't see Her provoking insta-terror.  Also She is a goddess so She has that Bigger Picture worldview. 

My personal UPG is that these two entities would not be easily confused and that a felt connection to Kemet in general or Set specifically is much more likely to be Nebt-het.  Especially if you aren't kinda really in fear for your life.

Senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:00:01 pm by Taji »
Tasedjebbast, The One Whom Bast Restores to Life
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 11:14:43 pm »
Thank you.  I really know almost nothing about Santa Muerte either.  The presence I think I've felt has scared me, but not because I felt any specific threat from the presence itself. It was simply stating what felt like a fact to me, and my reaction to the fact was to be scared.  I think maybe I've been needing spiritual guidance/assistance in managing grief, and maybe it's arriving.  I've tried to learn whether Santa Muerte was known to be of special help in that way, but it seems that she may grant almost anything.  Nebt-Het, from what I've started to learn, is more specifically associated with help during the grieving process. 
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 11:25:26 pm »
Yeah. Kinda the same. It was a fact and the fact was scary.  It also felt that the fact was imminently about to take place.  I felt like a prey animal.

And yeah, I think she could help with grief, but she’s not known for helping with grief. She can help with anything, but seems to be most often petitioned for overall blessings/opportunities, love, and protection.  The things that make life sweeter.

Nebt-het, on the other hand, yeah.  She’s huge with comforting grief and mourning.  Also She feels ... more vast?  Like the night sky in winter.  Loving and present, but BIG. Quiet. Stillness. Not as immediate.

The Bony Lady feels more present, local, immediate, active. 

No clue if I’m making any sense. 

Offline GugaLopes

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 04:56:44 am »
I've never contacted Santa Muerte but once Hemet (AUS) said here on the forum that Nebt-het is death itself.
And I must say that I feel her as being the process of dying, the space between the last breath of earth and the first on the other side and not the entity that causes one to die - even tho it is said that she have the ability of causing it.
I cannot tell if she try to contact you from Santa Muerte, but if she did, she could have done it through a vision of death you have - Santa Muerte.
But i also must say that she is different from any goddess or spirit of death i have ever contacted.
But either way - if she have tried to reach to you or not - contact her back, I'm sure you won't regret it!
"I am All That Has Been, That Is, and That Will Be.
No mortal has yet been able to lift the veil that covers Me."
(Quote found on a statue of Nit at Sais)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 10:17:14 am »
I think some entities present as other entities. Our gods do it with each other all the time. So and so in their name of someone else.

And even cross culturally ...  I kinda think Wepwawet and Ganesh are friendly and that by talking to one the other might listen.

Santa Muerte feels different. Firstly, she isn’t a goddess. Secondly, she’s not subtle. So while I don’t disagree that Nebt-het could present as Santa Muerte if She wanted to ....   I just doubt that She’d want to and don’t see Santa Muerte as the type to appreciate that much.  I think it’s more likely just that you’re going through a process of discernment to figure out which death spirit you’re vibing with than one presenting as the other. But that’s cool too. :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279816
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything