Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 76
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: I want to do my first Senut rite but anxiety is getting to me  (Read 1992 times)

Online Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
I want to do my first Senut rite but anxiety is getting to me
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:27:51 am »
Em hotep!

I am really wanting to do my first Senut rite, but anxiety is seriously getting in the way. I have everything I need, and tomorrow morning I will have the ability to do it with for sure no disruptions, but the idea of messing up something so important in front of the Netjeru is very scary honestly. Does anybody have any advice for a first timer?

Thank you!
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
Re: I want to do my first Senut rite but anxiety is getting to me
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:37:16 am »
Em hotep!

The most important thing to remember is to relax! The Netjeru aren't going to mind if you mess up a bit and, honestly, you're going to make mistakes. That's just how it is, especially during your first time.

Stay relaxed during it. When you make a mistake, don't get hung up on it; correct yourself and move on. Keep in mind that the Netjeru love you and love the effort you're putting in for Them, and that They'll continue to love you regardless of how many mistakes you make.

Senebty,
Hawke
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Ihhyensenu

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:03:52 am »
Em Hotep,

I agree with Hawke!

This is your time, and time with the Gods. Enjoy it.

Don't look at your mistakes as that, it will not offend them. We are encouraged to read the rite everytime we do it.  Set yourself up, breathe, and enjoy your time. Also remember there is no time requirement during Senut. If you go for an hour, great! if it a quick 20 mins- thats awesome too!

I hope you have a great conversation.

All the best <3
Rev. Ihhyensenu
"Acclaimed by Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Amun-Ra, meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
W'ab Nekhen Senwy Nisut

Offline Hakenensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 09:37:46 am »
Em Hotep!

My first Senut was terrifying! I was so worried I was gonna do something wrong. My first idea was to eat breakfast with the Netjer! This made me feel comfortable talking to Them on a regular basis.

Remember we are Human and the Gods know this.

Senebty!
Hakenensenu!
Fedw&Tarot | Art | Ask me about my other practices
Meset Khonsu her Wadjet | Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Mafdet, her Set.
𓁳𓆘𓁥𓁴𓃠𓃩
Please do not shorten my name!
Wordpress

Offline Ma'atnofret

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:59 am »
No matter what just remember the gods love us and appreciate our efforts. They are happy with the effort and time we give to them, mistakes will happen. Being human lends itself to making mistakes. :3
But the gods love us and know we are bound to mess up. We all make mistakes, everyone of us. I think you will find senut rewarding, mistakes or no, because it’s time with our gods .
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Online Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 10:29:45 am »
Thank you all so much! I have severe general anxiety and so having never done a rite before i was really concerned, but y'all have really eased my worries! I now can't wait to do it and see what comes of the time!
"Yinepu is My Family"

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 11:03:40 am »
Em hotep, Daisy!

I am glad others have eased your concern, but I just wanted to add one thing. The foundation of positive heka is intent. If you mess up, that is ok! As you perform Senut more, you will make less mistakes and refine how you perform the ritual. But remember that you will never reach perfection and mistakes will still occur. I have done Senut many, many times but I still mess up sometimes!

If you go into Senut open-minded and open-hearted, you cannot do it wrong :)

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 11:41:30 am »
Em hotep Daisy,

I really know how you feel - I have only recently re-started with a regular Senut practice myself,
and my first few efforts I pretty much stumbled over sentences all the time and I was so clumsy that I almost dropped my offerings. It felt like Djehuty was raising a sceptical eyebrow.
But however  bad you mess it up - just come back and try to do better next time.

Rituals are about form and repetition, that's one of the basic definitions of "ritual".
Rituals help to focus and settle our human minds exactly because they are repetitive and familiar. However, they can only BECOME familiar if you start practising at some point...

So, just do it! You'll be fine  :)

senebty

Ma'en
Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 02:53:13 pm »
Em hotep Daisy, I completely understand how you feel having severe anxiety myself, especially when I first started practicing Senut.  I was so worried about getting it wrong or I wouldn't feel anything etc...  But like others have said, the Netjer will understand if you make a mistake.  They know we are only human after all and mistakes will happen.  My advice is to just breathe, ground and center yourself first, and focus on the intent of the ritual itself which is what really matters overall.  Speaking from personal experience They won't get mad if you slip up on something I promise.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 01:23:05 am »
Em hotep daisy,

For the longest time, sometimes even now, I get anxiety around Senut - around messing up even though it’s all written down for me, around my offerings seeming the same time and time again due to my limited diet for medical reasons, around my stuttering focus at times.

But, I make sure to keep it in my mind that They love me, and I love Them.

Luckily the rite is written down, and it is encouraged to read it as is, to make the good heka more so. It’s intent more than anything, and that’s a stance I can get behind and understand - intent.
Temi
Son of Bast, Sobek, and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) || Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Beginners Class Liaison || Fedw Diviner for Bast and Sobek

Online Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 10:12:44 am »
So I did it.
I spilled my water, broke my incense multiple times, almost couldn't get my candles lit, and had to run and get water from the bathroom sink because I didn't have any purified water in my room. But I did it. I was able to laugh at my mistakes and I felt comforted as I went through the rite. Thank you all for your kind words, they really helped me!  ;D

Senebty!
"Yinepu is My Family"

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 10:18:41 am »
Haha! Nekhtet, Daisy! I'm so glad to hear that :) I'm sure things will go smoother once you get a routine <3

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 11:43:22 am »
lol Good for you Daisy.  I'm glad you were able to enjoy your first Senut.  It'll get easier as you practice more and get into that groove.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 06:02:39 pm »
So I did it.
I spilled my water, broke my incense multiple times, almost couldn't get my candles lit, and had to run and get water from the bathroom sink because I didn't have any purified water in my room. But I did it. I was able to laugh at my mistakes and I felt comforted as I went through the rite. Thank you all for your kind words, they really helped me!  ;D

Senebty!

Nekhtet! Keep it going!
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Bak/Team Leader

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 07:38:18 pm »
Nekhtet, friend!!! I'm so very happy for you.

And for whatever it's worth . . . I too have spilled water, dropped things, forgotten things . . . you name it! <3 I'm so glad to hear that you were able to laugh about it, though--and feel comforted. :)

Senebty, and nekhtet again!
Gezausenu
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3160
  • stats Total Posts: 295160
  • stats Total Topics: 20150
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955