Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Prayer journal  (Read 255 times)

Offline Ankh1001

• Beginner
Prayer journal
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:40:20 am »
So, ive been thinking about starting a prayer journal. Does anyone use one? What kind of things do you put in it. Im a beginner so please forgive me if i dont know a lot

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
Re: Prayer journal
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:11:06 am »
Em hotep nefer, Ankh! :D

My prayer/Senut journal is essentially a ritual manual. I keep important transcripts there, like the water-blessing ritual and the ritual of Senut (which I translated back into Egyptian, as I use "transliterese" Egyptian as a liturgical language in my worship, though don't ever feel obligated to do the same. That's entirely an individual, personal choice). I also keep my liturgies for Amun-Re, based on those from Hebet Temple in the Khargeh Oasis, and those I constructed from scratch for Herishef and Sobek, in that manual.

I keep a separate journal for religiously-significant dreams and for extraneous introspections of a religious nature. My Senut journal is exclusively for what I say regularly in-shrine but cannot commit completely to memory due to their length and complexity.

I hope this helps!

Senebty,
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:33:58 am »
Em hotep!

I keep a journal where I write down anything that I think is significant or even partially significant. It's just simply a place for me to collect my thoughts and look back on it over time to see how I have grown spiritually.

I have a separate folder for prayers, hymns, etc

Senebty!
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Offline Capra

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:55:57 am »
Em hotep!  I'm a beginner as well. At this point I just have a notepad file that details various visions/dreams of a spiritual nature - basically whenever one or more of the Names show up.  I'm sure I'll need a 'script' book for the longer rites at some point, but that will wait until after the beginner's class starts....

Huh. I just realized that I have fragments of writings in a number of places. I'd better get them in one place!

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 02:37:03 pm »
Em hotep, friend!

I've kept a prayer journal intermittently as well . . . for me it was literally that: writing prayers to my Gods in the form of letters. I've never really been good at collecting rituals or prayers, but writing letters to Them was appropriate for a while.

I think prayer journals are as unique as the person who keeps them. ^_^ They look a little different for all of us. <3 So I'd say . . . you do you! Experiment. See what works for you. If something (i.e. letter-writing) doesn't work, try something else. Sometimes I've even considered my sketchbook a prayer journal because art is one of the nearest and dearest ways that I connect to my Gods (particularly if I don't know what to "say").

Senebty!
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Set's Spear and Sekhmet's Claw

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2793
  • stats Total Posts: 278581
  • stats Total Topics: 18733
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 102
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything