Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Em Hotep!  (Read 890 times)

Offline Erydiel

• Remetj
Em Hotep!
« on: September 19, 2018, 11:21:30 am »
Em hotep,

I am Erydiel, and I am part of the recent Beginner's class. I've been mostly eclectic pagan but I've always had a special interest/been drawn to Ancient Egypt as a whole since middle school. I have learned much from the beginner's course, and I hope to learn even more as time passes by!

Senebty
Erydiel

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu
Re: Em Hotep!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:42:05 pm »
Em hotep and welcome
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Self-Care Aset Advocate, Self-Care Yinepu Keeper

Online Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:45:29 pm »
Em hotep and welcome! I am glad you enjoyed the Beginner's course :)

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Fundraising Event Coordinator
Fedw diviner for Djehuty
Blog

Online Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:13:45 pm »
Em hotep and welcome <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Erydiel

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »
Thank you for the welcome everyone! I do have a small question, though - after becoming a Remetj, how soon does one go through the RPD (and naming?) if they so wished? I've saw somewhere about there being some kind of application and process about it, but I can't remember exactly where...any answers would be very much appreciated!

Senebty
Erydiel

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 09:04:44 pm »
Em hotep and welcome to the House!

There's technically no time restriction for the RPD, but there are other requirements. You should be performing Senut regularly, be in good standing in the House (be social!), and be absolutely sure that this is what you want.

You're also expected to wait at least 4 days between filling out the questionnaire and sending it.

I personally waited about 4 years before undergoing the RPD, but everyone is different.
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 09:27:01 pm »
I should've mentioned this, but you can find all the information you need on the information tab when you're logged into kemet.org. The PDF about the RPD is up-to-date.
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 10:07:45 pm »
Em hotep!  *henu*

Welcome to the boards and I hope you are enjoying the beginner's class!  ^_^

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Erydiel

• Remetj
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:50:15 pm »
Thank you to you both, and yes I am enjoying it much!

Senebty
Erydiel

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 01:20:48 am »
Em hotep and welcome to you.

I hope you enjoy the beginners class, I also had a draw to Ancient Egypt since school, but never thought more of it until I joined the House and it made sense.

I also second the info about the RPD, if I remember correctly you have to have been doing Senut for about six months (which includes the time in the class, if I recall correct).
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Capra

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:44:34 pm »
Em hotep!  :D

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 03:08:10 pm »
Em hotep and welcome! What Temi said about amount of time doing senut is what I recall being required before RPD.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 09:01:25 pm »
Em hotep and welcome, friend! <3 It's a joy to meet you!

I should've mentioned this, but you can find all the information you need on the information tab when you're logged into kemet.org. The PDF about the RPD is up-to-date.

A quick note about this: One needs to graduate from the Beginners' class and be "leveled up" to a Remetj in the system before one has access to this area of kemet.org and the .pdf as well. But! Once that glorious day has come, then yes, the information is there as well. ^_^

You'll also be receiving a link to it from me as a part of the New Members e-mails I send out to graduating classes over the first few months post-grad. The letters contain lots of extra info that's good to know as a Remetj (and potential Shemsu). <3

Senebty, and welcome again!
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 10:35:20 pm »
Em hotep!

Erm, quick note:
As part of our members expectations and principles, there is indeed an expectation that Remetj should only apply after they've been doing Senut at least six months. It does note that it can include time spent during the Class itself, however the Class is three/four months and you learn Senut around the middle of that (vaguely), so you'll have about a four month wait.
(By the time the class after you graduates, you'll be looking into the RPD if it's something you want.)

It gives you time to grow in being Kemetic Orthodox so you know this is what you want, before you make a big decision. Even for folks who haven't taken Shemsu vows, many feel the need/drive to honor the knowledge of who their Parents and Beloveds are. We don't want you to jump into that willy nilly, but rather made a clear, happy decision and want to be a part of this awesome thing with us.

I'm so happy for you to join us in whatever way suits you best, be it Remetj or Shemsu or Divined Remetj!!

Senebty
Ra'awyserqet
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Gezausenu

• New Member Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 09:24:19 am »
You're quite right about the time frame, Ra'awy! I think others have mentioned it as well. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion in mentioning not having access to the private side of Kemet.org until after graduating from the beginners' class. I just wanted to make it clear that someone needs to be a Remetj in order to even have access to the .pdf about the RPD . . . Since others had already touched on needing to do senut for six months before applying, I didn't feel the need to repeat that myself. ^_^ But I'm also sorry if not doing so made it appear like I was advocating jumping the gun or somesuch. <3
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:07:29 pm by Gezausenu »
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau. <3)
child of Set and Sekhmet
beloved of Ptah, Djehuty, and Heru-Wer
( they / them / theirs / themself )
Devotional work for Papa and Mama.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279816
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217