collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 10
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Nut  (Read 202 times)

Online GugaLopes

• Remetj
Nut
« on: November 11, 2018, 10:34:10 pm »
Em hotep, everyone,

How you've being doing?
I wanted to know some personal views and experienced you had with Nut, what are her tastes and likes, what to offer, how do you feel her... This kind of things...
I had a few contacts and I feel her as a very deep goddess, she really seems to take valuable time to show herself to you, she seem to me as quite quiet, but not Nebethet-quiet, more like someone who thinks everything she wants to say before doing it so, and when she does, she says a lot.

Thank you!
"I am All That Has Been, That Is, and That Will Be.
No mortal has yet been able to lift the veil that covers Me."
(Quote found on a statue of Nit at Sais)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
Re: Nut
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 11:22:29 pm »
Em hotep Guga,

I absolutely adore Nut and She showed up in my RPD too.  Also, I completely agree with what you have said about Her behaving in that manner.  I've always had this distinct feeling of a Grandmotherly type of nature, She's everyone's favorite grandmother whether you're related by blood or not.  In my experience She's kind and compassionate, as well as protective too.  She's the one person you can always turn to and tell Her anything and She won't judge you.

Whenever I think of Her, I see a beautiful grandmother who's body is like it's very own universe of stars, suns, moons, planets, and galaxies, Her skin either black and glittering as the midnight sky or a deep blue.  When I think of what She smells like, it's always flowers, like She just spent time in a garden or something.  Just nature-y.

If you need to see Her, She's the one knows beforehand that you're coming, and has already set up tea.  This is my personal gnosis so don't quote me, but I've always had the sense that She likes milk and honey, and as I've said tea.  And warm incense that makes relax as soon as you smell it, as to what kind I think She likes them all.  I agree that She's quiet, not as outspoken as some Netjer are because She likes to take it all in before stating Her mind and giving advice.  She wants you to be happy and enjoying life and will readily offer a shoulder to cry if need be.  A song that comes to mind in that sense is Bill Withers' Lean On Me.
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:43:07 pm »

Em hotep! I have Nut in my line-up too. ^_^  I also find Her very quiet and self-contained, but also profoundly compassionate and loving. She has an air of great calm and patience. She's endured a lot and come through it to a place of personal serenity, but She remembers what it's like to feel pain and loneliness and fear, so Her arms are always open to embrace us and to offer comfort, both in life and in death.

I've offered Her milk too, and also white flowers. And She seems to really like ice cream.

Shefyt
Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:18:54 am »
As a Nut beloved, for me, Nut is very cosmic and ancient. She is difficult to know, but she is filled with compassion. She is more alien to me than other Names. I agree with offerings of milk, Skye vodka, Irish Creme, crafts, cow figurines, pearls (especially vintage Victorian style jewelry with pearls), and milk chocolates.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline Shukheperas_ankhi

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 05:15:57 pm »
I don't have Nut in my line-up, but She was the first goddess that I felt comfortable approaching outside of my Family.  I used to spend a lot of time sitting outside at night speaking with Her.  I would take a small cup of water and some jasmine incense and offer them to Her, along with my secrets.  One thing that I have always felt about Her is that She is very understanding, but also firm.  So I guess that falls under what people have described as "grandmotherly!" 
Shukheperas'ankhi, Khepera's sunlight makes me live.
Daughter of Khepera, beloved of Djehutyand Serqet-Aset

The Sky at Dawn

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2836
  • stats Total Posts: 279822
  • stats Total Topics: 18825
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 103
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything