Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 64
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: 42 Negative Confessions  (Read 1080 times)

Offline anxietealeaves

42 Negative Confessions
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:41:45 am »
Welcome to my first thread of many!

Now, being the history knowledge vacuum that I am, I know about the famed 42 negative confessions. I have seen people in our modern era take these aspects and "modernize" them into "affirmations". Is that something that Kemetic Orthodoxy members do? I'd like to use something like this in a meditation, and so if someone could provide me with information about this, I would greatly appreciate it.  ;D

-B
“LEARNING IS NOT ATTAINED BY CHANCE, IT MUST BE SOUGHT FOR WITH ARDOR AND ATTENDED TO WITH DILIGENCE.” ―ABIGAIL ADAMS

Offline Djehutyendy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: 42 Negative Confessions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 08:28:07 am »
Em hotep, B!

That is something that some members do, but isn't canon for everyone in KO. However, several years ago there was a discussion going on a thread about the 42 purifications and how we interpret it. You can find that thread here :) The discussion still continues periodically

Senebty!
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »
Message removed due to mention of events not open to the public.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Online Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
Thank you Zat :)

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 02:37:59 am »
Thank you! I will be sure to read that and check it out.

Also, just to be sure, I didn’t ask or mention something I shouldn’t have did I?
“LEARNING IS NOT ATTAINED BY CHANCE, IT MUST BE SOUGHT FOR WITH ARDOR AND ATTENDED TO WITH DILIGENCE.” ―ABIGAIL ADAMS

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 01:15:50 pm »
You didn't. We have members only chats as well as a members only side on this forum, and since guests cannot access them it isn't fair to reference something they cannot see.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Online Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 01:45:51 pm »
I was the one that goofed with a reference to a chat that is in the members only section. My apologies for causing confusion.

I have been drawn to the Negative Confessions for a long time, and find them to be well worth the time in contemplation. Even after a length of time, they still reveal new insights.

Tatuayinepu

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 10:18:10 pm »
Oh! Thank you for clarifying. The thread that was mentioned has been very insightful. I’m wondering if perhaps there is a document or book that has them in it as well? I’ve started listing them myself but it would be nice to have a book too. Is there a part of the temple here that has helpful documents as well?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:34:54 am by anxietealeaves »

Online Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:33 pm »
Thank you so much!  ;D

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 09:06:46 pm »
Em Hotep,

I like to use the 42 confessions as a purification method to me: I say them as a prayer whenever I need to purify myself from this things if I have done them and to keep them away from me (from me doing it or from people around me doing it)
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
For short: Hepet or Hepetwi
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Shemsu Liaison

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 07:31:31 pm »
That sounds similar to what I would like to do. I made some prayer beads with 42 big beads on them. I was thinking of studying each one individually, once or twice a week. Thank you for sharing!

Online Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 08:06:56 pm »
That sounds similar to what I would like to do. I made some prayer beads with 42 big beads on them. I was thinking of studying each one individually, once or twice a week. Thank you for sharing!

That sounds like a great idea. If you'd ever care to, I'd like to see pictures of your beads.

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 01:42:59 am »
I would love to share. How does one go about posting pictures?

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 01:44:26 am »
I would love to share. How does one go about posting pictures?

Because some people access the forums with limited bandwidth, it is best to post links to the photos on a hosting site.  I've used photobucket and flickr myself.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288070
  • stats Total Topics: 19528
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217