Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Should i tell my parents im starting in the kemetic path?...  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Detetive

Should i tell my parents im starting in the kemetic path?...
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:40:12 pm »
Em Hotep Well...i really wanted to make a beautiful shrine in my room and starts to pray for the gods...the problem is that my parents are christians...they are Seventh-day Adventists...they don't like much egiptian things (especially my mom...) they just know that vision of egipt that have on the bible...but do you guys think that i shoud talk to them that i have a different religion or that isn't a very good idea....i just cant hide this forever....
☥ Dua Set, Dua Yinepu ☥

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
Re: Should i tell my parents im starting in the kemetic path?...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 02:44:29 am »
[redacted]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:01:24 pm by Bawysudjawi »
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet-Yinepu

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:06 am »
I don’t recommend it. Not while you live with them. You may even want to consider a temporary shrine that you can use then pack up. It’s not as speccy as a permenant shrine but it maybe safer.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 05:53:30 am »
I’d suggest that you be cautious, echoing what others have said. From what I’ve heard of your parents’ religion I think it tends to be strict. It wouldn’t be good to upset your parents with things they just won’t understand. So it might be wisest to be discreet. Netjer understands, and this is not an evangelical religion where you are obliged to tell people about it. Your shrine is about your relationship to Netjer, not about making a point to anyone else.

Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 08:33:27 am »
Em hotep!

I agree with everyone else about being cautious and putting your own safety first. One thing you could do is keep your shrine items in a box and just pull them out whenever you pray. I've done that when I lived in roommates and didn't feel comfortable having a permanent shrine.

I do want to mention one thing, though. If you are planning to apply to the Beginner's course and you are financially or domestically dependent on your parents (even if you are over the age of 18), then you will need their consent to take the course. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but it sounds like you are living with your parents therefore this might apply.

Senebty!
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3166
  • stats Total Posts: 295219
  • stats Total Topics: 20165
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955