collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: being a kemetic we need to learn all things about magic?  (Read 352 times)

Offline Detetive

being a kemetic we need to learn all things about magic?
« on: December 20, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »
Em Hotep...just another question that is in my mind....we really need to learn such hings as: cleaning the house, cleaning amulets and objects, sigils, shilds and barriers etc?...its a lot of things to learn...the problem for me is, its all in english i understand english but not in a total way hehe....or we can just have our shrine withouth having anything of that?...im kinda confused in this topic...if its really necessary or not...thank you very much, Senebty.
☥ Dua Set, Dua Yinepu ☥

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
Re: being a kemetic we need to learn all things about magic?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 03:13:59 am »
Em hotep😀

Please do not worry. Extensive knowledge of magical and ritual practice is not required, especially not for a beginner.
You can learn the basics as you go along, and time will show If you are to become a magician, diviner and/or a priest - only then more extensive studying would be needed

Senebty

Ma'en
Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:12:55 am »
 Em hotep!

You can learn about "standard" magic (sigils, spells, etc) if you want to but it's absolutely not a requirement to be Kemetic Orthodox. You may want to learn a bit about heka, but that's very simple and also still not a requirement if you aren't interested in it.

The only things you need to learn about in that sort of vein is how to keep your shrine (and yourself) pure for Senut and, as Ma'en said, the things required for any specialty paths you're interested in.
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 12:21:42 pm »
Em hotep, friend! You will want to learn how to purify and dedicate items and such, but that is all part of the process. Magic like shielding and all that is not required. I can't do any of that stuff, and I'm training as W'ab, anyway. ^^;

If you'd like to learn, Hemet (AUS) runs a Sau course that teaches magic, for a small fee. I am not taking the courses myself, so I can't speak exactly to what is being taught, though I know accessing the Dream Temple by lucid dreaming and/or meditation is part of it.

Otherwise, we do heka about once a month, when we do a celebratory dua. Heka is like "egyptian magic," I suppose. It is always explained step-by-step, and anyone can participate.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285127
  • stats Total Topics: 19313
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217