[PUBLIC] About the Kemetic Orthodox Religion > [PUBLIC] Serving the World: Ma'at In Action

2019 — Carrying Ma’at Forward

(1/4) > >>

Rev. Saryt:
As we approach the new year, I thought we might reflect on upcoming volunteer opportunities that we are considering, or perhaps already planning, to participate in for our local communities.

I’ve recently been asked to serve as a regional alumni representative for my undergraduate institution, and am looking forward to supporting current students and alumni with their career efforts!

How about you? What possibilities exist in your community to carry Ma’at into the world?

Tatuayinepu:
Wow. Congratulations on your selection to be alumni representative!

I am continuing my efforts through my business to assist people who may have a need but don't have funds for my products.

I realize that's not really volunteering, but it is one way that I can reach out and assist others.   

Sekhmetgemetnebu:
Em hotep!

For myself, my goal for the year is to set up yoga classes at one or more of our local dog shelters. The idea is that it does us as people some good to be around animals, as well as get those animals some love and attention. The ultimate goal is to help connect future owners with their future pets, and all proceeds from the classes will go to helping cover some of the shelter costs.

Tatuayinepu:
Thank you for sharing this, Lauren. That sounds really awesome, and you're helping more than one species at the same time :)

Sekhmetgemetnebu:

--- Quote from: Tatuayinepu on December 27, 2018, 11:28:46 am ---Thank you for sharing this, Lauren. That sounds really awesome, and you're helping more than one species at the same time :)

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I was a bit hesitant to share, as it's a plan that's only in its infancy, but it's one very dear to my heart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version