collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: how do i join?  (Read 405 times)

Offline Detetive

how do i join?
« on: December 25, 2018, 07:05:34 pm »
(i dont know if i can actully post this here but here goes...) Em hotep...how do i join the kemethic orthodoxy?...i mean...i have send an application have 8 days ago but still no one have answered my email...they will answer just in february 17?....still have vacancies?...sorry for asking is because im new and i really want to study more...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:07:27 pm by Detetive »
☥ Dua Set, Dua Yinepu ☥

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
Re: how do i join?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »
Em hotep Detective,

Replies for joining the beginner's class are sent out shortly before the class begins. There is always an announcement both here and on Rev. Siuda's social media, in case the message goes to your spam filter or similar.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:34:29 am »
Em hotep Detective,

Not to be overly curious or prying, however here you stated worry as to whether you should tell your parents given you want to create a beautiful shrine in your room.

I'm not certain if you've had a chance to read the responses or not, but Endy brought up that if you live with them (and therefore are a dependent) and intend to take the Beginners Class, you'll need their permission to do so. We do this as we do not wish to cause discord or issues amongst family, and there are legal issues in addition to this.

Please keep in mind that we cannot and do not make exceptions to this rule. If you are a minor or a dependent, you'll have to wait until circumstances change or you get permission and reapply at that time.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Detetive

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 07:13:36 am »
i have 23 years old...im from 16/05/1995...i will start living with my husband in our home so i wanted to continue studying...i started to make my shrine in my room but with a bit of caution, my parents just have other religion but they arent parents that will punish me or something...even because im of age, im no longer dependent i think i have the right to have what i want to have in my room and in the house...im just having my shrine with caution cuz i dont wanna disrespect their religion...i have my own money and will buy my statues from me shrine...i have the rights to do that..
☥ Dua Set, Dua Yinepu ☥

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:32:08 am »
Em hotep Detetive,

We don’t know your parents, and so we can’t know what will cause them offense.  What remains is our rule of consent for people who are dependent of another, even if they are of age.  Breaking that can result in discord in the family unit, which we don’t want to support.  I would say that if you can’t sit them down and tell them about your interest in Kemetic religion, then it may be best to wait to take the beginners class until after you’ve moved out and are no longer dependent.  That isn’t to say that you can’t spend the time between now and then learning and getting to know the Gods!

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 12:05:38 pm »
Em hotep Detetive,

I apologize; I believe there are some issues due to a language barrier.
If you are:
~legal adult age for your country
~providing for your own shelter/home
~with a means of income
You would not be a dependent.

If you are living with your husband in a shared home, I'd recommend discussing it over him for family harmony. If you are living with your husband and your parents, I'd again, recommend speaking with them for the same reasons. If you are currently living alone, it is your decision who you tell and what you tell them.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285127
  • stats Total Topics: 19313
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything