Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Trying Something New  (Read 826 times)

Offline anxietealeaves

Trying Something New
« on: December 30, 2018, 07:44:58 am »
Em hotep!

Whilst studying, I was trying to think of ways to bring Anpu (He is the god I am currently researching in depth) into my life directly and use my own personal "gifts" to help others. I am a little apprehensive about it, but I have contacted a funerary home who may allow me to shadow some of the employees. If all goes well, there may be some opportunities for volunteer work after.

It got me curious, does anyone else do work in their "mundane" life that they attribute to their parent deities or deities they worship?
“LEARNING IS NOT ATTAINED BY CHANCE, IT MUST BE SOUGHT FOR WITH ARDOR AND ATTENDED TO WITH DILIGENCE.” ―ABIGAIL ADAMS

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
Re: Trying Something New
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 03:11:53 pm »
Em hotep! *henu*

I always had a fascination with first responders (paramedics, firefighters & police), which lead me to go into law enforcement and investigations. I even did personal studies and gained certificates in the other two areas to have enough basic skills needed for several types of emergencies. This I attribute to my Father Heru in many ways!

A lot of my hobbies are creative and/or art oriented, and that is my Mother Hethert's domain. I've been trying to branch out in this again and return to old hobbies I stopped (like music playing & composing). I also want to start a business for creative things. But when I think about all my interests or pursuits in general, they really do reflect my Parents well. So you are not alone in that!

And I wish you the best of luck with the funeral home volunteering, I hope you get the position!

Senebty
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Child of Hethert-Iusaas & Heru-sa-Aset, Beloved of Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 04:56:05 pm »
Em Hotep!

This sounds like very interesting work to do, and I’m glad you have this opportunity at the funerary home. If you’re comfortable I hope you’ll share how it works out and if it brings you any insights to Netjer.

I have long worked in feline rescue, preceding my association with the House, as a means to worship Mother Bast. I include Sekhmet in that now. And I think my long standing interest in a variety of ‘dead guys’, as an author and a scholar as well as a human person, may owe something to Sokar-Wesir as a Beloved.

I’ll be interested to hear others’ experiences and thoughts on this!

Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »
Em hotep!

I presently run a business in which I make magical oils, incense, and powder; this is named for and dedicated to my Father Yinepu.

In the past I worked as an RN, way before I had begun working with Yinepu/Wepwawet, Heru Sa Aset, and Sekhmet...but as I learn more about Them, I see Their presence very prevalent in my practice.

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Beloved of Heru Sa Aset

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu,Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 05:49:02 pm »
Em hotep!

Not much in my professional life is related to my Father, Yinepu, though I almost did go into funerary work! However, I'm not too comfortable at being around the mourning, and am not sure how good I'd be at organizing funerals - I was more interested in the actual undertaker type work (cleaning and prepping bodies for burial), not the funeral direction, and since my home state is so small, I'd have to do both :c So that didn't happen.

But! I do have a hobby that definitely is Dad-approved - I collect taxidermy! And once I'm in a more suitable apartment, or preferably a home of my own ownership, I intend to learn to preserve animals and skins myself! It may not be humans, but I'd say taxidermy is pretty Yinepu-influenced! ;D

Senebty!
Sin
“The Journey of Yinepu" | fedw diviner
Meset Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hethert-Nut, her Bast
𓁢 𓁴𓃕𓃠

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 03:28:31 am »
Sorry for my lack of replies! Been a busy little bee indeed.

I loved getting to read your responses. It really says a lot about this community that people try to live their life to honor the Netjer. One thing that made me shy away from Christianity was how some people could say they were doing things for their God (collect money) only for it to be used greedily. That's a topic of discussion for another day.

Now, I might have reached a dead end. Yes, pun intended. The home never wrote me back so I am trying to find another way to contact them. They have a 24 hour line, but I am hesitant to call due to phone anxiousness. E-mail is my preferred method.

So we shall see!
“LEARNING IS NOT ATTAINED BY CHANCE, IT MUST BE SOUGHT FOR WITH ARDOR AND ATTENDED TO WITH DILIGENCE.” ―ABIGAIL ADAMS

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:17:26 am »
Anxietealeaves.... boy do I love email. (Also have phone anxiety).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Tanakht

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 12:02:44 pm »
Oh, I love to talk by phone, web, personally...
In fact, I believe that's why I am a teacher. :D

I can't directly relate any of the things I do to Dads. In my case, I believe is a more subtil influence, like I always try to find out something new and learn it by myself.

The excpetion is Djehuty. Even before I know He is one of my beloveds, I used to work with languages and dedicate to Him.
Things got intense, you know, and well.. He turned my attention to games and now I play like crazy, organize events and even study them: RPG, board games, online games. Yeah, I'm doomed. :D :D
Tanakhtsenu
"The one belonging to two strong ones"
Sat Khepera her Set/ Meryt Aset-Serqet her Heru-wer her Djehuty
Portuguese Liaison & Sema Kau Bak
KO in Portuguese

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 05:04:09 pm »
Em hotep

I'm currently unemployed and trying to find out what I wanna do. That said, I'm not sure whether my Fathers will influence it in any form.

When I was in high school, I did very seriously contemplate joining the military. However, I was not Kemetic in any form back then.

While I still feel that draw to militaristic jobs, I wouldn't be able to join the forces now for reasons I won't get into publicly. Even if I could, the current "president" being in office would lead me to refuse such a duty.

I don't know if the draw to the military is Fathers influenced or what.

Senebty,
Bawysudjawi
"The Two Powers calm me"
Please call me "Bawy" if you must shorten my name
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet-Yinepu

Offline anxietealeaves

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 06:17:51 pm »
Awibemhethert: I understand your pain, though it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has the phone anxiety. :)

Tanakht: It's neat that you have such an introspective point of view. I'm going to try to practice that. Perhaps the Netjer have worked in ways I don't even realize, though Anpu was certainly the one who came to me first through my first in person guided meditation. 'Twas intense.

Bawysudjawi: Perhaps it's not specifically the military, but rather you are being called to serve in some way? That's usually the first thing we think of when discussing the call to serve.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 07:00:18 am »
Em hotep everyone! *henu*

I personally never saw too much of a connection between my Names and what I've done for work. I worked in the food industry, I've worked retail for many years, I did a short stint in flower delivery, and I am currently a human tissue processing technician.
It was brought to my attention by a Yinepu kid (I believe?) that processing human tissues to be used in surgeries around the world is a pretty Yinepu thing to do. He's the Beloved I have that I least connect to directly, so this was a very pleasant surprise!

In my non-working life, I do netjeri things and that aligns very well with the magical aspects of my Mom; particularly in the way many of them end up being protective of their human companions.

I also read and knit frequently, but that's not much of a thing many of Them deal with, at least not that I'm aware of. However I'm happy in the little things I do that remind me of Them daily: every hawk is a Dua Heru-wer, every sunrise is a success in Mom binding Ap/ep, every dark, mysterious place is Nehmet-Awai's hand, the warmth of the sun is both Ra and Sekhmet-Mut. 😊

This is a great topic! Thanks for bringing it up!

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 09:35:49 am »
This is a great thread.  I love it.

I haven't really done anything strictly related to my Father, but if I could I've always wanted to join the military.  That would tie very well with my Father and my Beloved Set.  I've also wanted to be apart of law enforcement, but sadly my medical/physical conditions prevent me from doing so.  So I'm still looking on that front.  Aside from that, I usually try to be a good person and do good things in my Father's name.

For my Beloved Aset-Serqet, I am deeply involved with magical practice and, even though it's a completely different tradition, I still dedicate my Wiccan practice in Her name.  That's what I associate with Her most strongly.  I've thought about being a healer, but school is sadly too expensive for me to afford.
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285230
  • stats Total Topics: 19325
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything