collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Who Would Like Patchouli Incense?  (Read 445 times)

Offline EclipseQueen

Who Would Like Patchouli Incense?
« on: February 17, 2019, 12:09:37 am »
Em hotep, everyone! I have a question when it comes to incense.

I've finally been able to get another lighter so I can light candles and incense. I have a lot of Patchouli because it's very relaxing, but I wonder if there are any Netjer that may like it? I often hear about Dragon's Blood and Frankincense but, for all the scents that exist in the world, those can't be the only two that the Netjer enjoy. If anyone could let me know who may like it, I'd appreciate it!

Dua'et!
A mind guided by Tehuty, who uses wisdom to guide their words. A heart crafted by Nut, who uses love to guide their actions. A body built by Yinepu, who uses perseverance to guide their way.
The Netjer live within you, always love yourself.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Who Would Like Patchouli Incense?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:08:09 am »
Em hotep EclipseQueen!

I have a few (rhetorical) questions for you, and then I'll share my opinion. Do you enjoy the Patchouli incense? Are there any Netjeru you would associate with the feelings that it gives you when you burn it?

Truthfully, the incense scent itself isn't what is associated with the Netjer or Netjeru in question, but individual people determine, with trial and error, which of the Names in their lives enjoy what. It's very, very much dependent on you and your individual experiences with Them, and while we can offer suggestions on what works for us, it may or may not work for you.

Saying all that, both Bast, as Lady of Perfumes, and Nefertem, a God of perfume, would be likely to appreciate it. I personally associate Heru-wer with that scent, particularly if mixed with orange.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Online Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »
Yinepu, Heru Sa Aset, and Sekhmet all like it.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline EclipseQueen

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:01:09 am »
Em hotep! I thought I'd let you guys know what I've been experimenting with.

So I feel Yinepu really likes Patchouli, I feel like he gets really relaxed when I light it. I think Kephri likes it too due to his laid back nature. It's a nice scent to help me sleep, personally.
I got some more incense and the Dragon's Blood I got is really strong, but Sekhmet and Set really like it. (probably because it's so gosh darn strong) but it doesn't bother my cat, which Bast seems to appreciate.

Overall, it looks like patchouli is liked by almost everyone here! Will be sure to keep trying different ones though!
A mind guided by Tehuty, who uses wisdom to guide their words. A heart crafted by Nut, who uses love to guide their actions. A body built by Yinepu, who uses perseverance to guide their way.
The Netjer live within you, always love yourself.

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:53:21 pm »
Yinepu definitely likes patchouli. 
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 287007
  • stats Total Topics: 19449