collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 64
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Services, holidays and ritual  (Read 298 times)

Offline sundancer

Services, holidays and ritual
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:57:47 pm »
I'm still learning, and very new. I'm unsure about committing to the beginner class at this time. I would still like to learn more before taking that step.
I'm looking for information I can easily access (so, free) about the holidays, their rituals, and how orthodox services are practiced, especially on a daily basis. I feel like I need to be able to commit to doing these in some part, before committing to the class, and taking the next step toward joining.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Services, holidays and ritual
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
There's a lot of information to be found on this very forum! Please feel free to use the search function and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The Ancient Egyptian Daybook by Tamara L Siuda is a very comprehensive list of Ancient Egyptian festivals, though it is not set to a modern calendar (you would have to do that yourself). There are some other sources, such as the "Egyptian Religious Calendar: CDXIX-CDXX Great Year of Ra (2019CE)" which I believe are set to a modern calendar, but I've never used them myself so I can't vouch for when they set Wep Ronpet or how accurate their festivals are.

As for KO services and rituals, The Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook (again by Tamara L Siuda) contains, amongst other things, the Kemetic Orthodox ritual of Senut. This is in many ways the cornerstone ritual of KO, as all Shemsu are asked to perform it on a regular basis.

Unfortunately neither of those sources are free, but the beginners class will allow you to learn much of what you're asking about and is I believe free (it has been a long time, haha).

Note that the class is no-obligation, it is not a step to joining unless you decide that it is, and at any point before during or after the class you are welcome to decide KO is not for you. You are also welcome to stay on after the class as a Guest if you'd like.
Meset Wepwawet
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, her Hethert-Amenti
Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Sau Apprentice • Self-care Hethert-Amenti Advocate
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓁥𓇼

Offline Heruemhatyi

• Shemsu
Re: Services, holidays and ritual
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 05:57:21 pm »
I’ve just completed beginners class 52. I recommend you do that. It’s free and it tells you everything you need to know about Kemetic Orthodoxy, it’s practices, beliefs and what is required if you decide to join.

There is no obligation to join if you decide it’s not for you.
Hatyi,

Daughter of Heru-wer - “Heru is my Heart”
Beloved of Set and Bast,
Sau Apprentice

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288048
  • stats Total Topics: 19524
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217