Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Egyptian/Kemet Astrology...  (Read 606 times)

Offline lightbeings

• Remetj
Egyptian/Kemet Astrology...
« on: April 14, 2019, 07:58:14 pm »
hello

years ago i had looked up to see what my egyptian asrtrology sign was... Osiris.. but it had also said that on my birthday March 4th it was considered an unlucky day by the ancient egyptians.. i have always wondered why March 4th?

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Egyptian/Kemet Astrology...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 09:23:56 pm »
Hotep:

Actually there wasn't astrology like we have today (that came from the Greeks). No one was born under a Netjer, so you really weren't really born under the name of Wesir.  The reason that idea came to be is the New Age movement and has no historic basis. The Dendra zodiac that people use was created by Cleopatra VII during the Greca-Roman period.

The Cairo Calendar the is the list of good and bad days would be the one used by the ancients.  Also remember the calendar of Ancient Egypt wasn't based on the Julien calendar that we use.  And if you follow the calendar you will notice that the good and bad days may change due when Wep Ronpet happens. Not sure there's a reason why that date is a bad day, but as I said that may change year to year. 

Sorry about the brain dump.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Mr awesome357

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:15 pm »
Your zodiac doesn't have to be predetermined by some silly chart. It can be more so as who you feel connected with the most and how you draw your connection with them. But that's my view, feel free to express your beliefs in a way that you feel comfortable.
I hope I was polite in my correction sorry for being rude.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:28:51 pm by Mr awesome357 »
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

Offline KhaiPtah

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 09:24:13 am »
Your zodiac is not predetermined by some silly chart. No instead Its more so as who you feel connected with the most and how you draw your connection with them.

Hotep

Just a quick friendly critique. Please try not to criticize others beliefs. Many find solace comfort and guidance from their astrological charts.

Thanks

Senebty

Khaiptah
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah Her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS). 
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast
Wab Priest For Ptah - Fundraising Liaison

Offline Mr awesome357

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:33:23 pm »
Your zodiac is not predetermined by some silly chart. No instead Its more so as who you feel connected with the most and how you draw your connection with them.

Hotep

Just a quick friendly critique. Please try not to criticize others beliefs. Many find solace comfort and guidance from their astrological charts.

Thanks

Senebty

Khaiptah

I'm sorry about my rude statement. Sometimes the zodiac charts upset me because it feels l'm being forced to accept something I don't feel connected to. :-[
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3005
  • stats Total Posts: 288143
  • stats Total Topics: 19537
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything