Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Thoughts on Home and its worth  (Read 131 times)

Offline KhaiPtah

Thoughts on Home and its worth
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:25:24 pm »
How does one describe a home?

A place of comfort peace and warmth,  A place to kick off your shoes relax and let the stresses of the day drift into the background.  To me the House of Netjer is that my spiritual home.  It is to me a place where disparate people for every corner of the world can meet, shoot the breeze and celebrate our similarities and our differences.

And like many places of comfort at the center of all things is the Mother, the hub around which all things balance.  The one that holds things together, pours oil on troubled waters, puts band-aids on grazed knees, never gets the credit for doing the dishes and making mac and cheese but without whom everyone would drift off into the outer darkness and forget to send birthday cards.

Our mother is Hemet (AUS)  I have known her for 18 years or so now and I have spent a lot of time chatting with her on subjects spiritual and secular, serious and totally silly. 

I first met her in person at my first retreat.  It was in the Airport Hilton in Chicago, a very bizarre hotel that consists of 3 completely different style building joined by corridors in a triangle surrounding a pool.  We are sitting around in the foyer trying to spot the Kemetics as they came in. 
We had 2 small conference rooms for retreat.  One for preparation and one to hold gatherings and rituals in.  We were the ritual room when she came in. we all stood and Henued  She looked at us and said “Please sit down and relax,  I am just a person”  … and grinned at us.  The humanity and love shone through and made us all feel instantly comfortable  I was still quite “Star Struck” but she is so approachable and warm.
 Later that retreat we had a drumming workshop  I was given the honour of playing her mighty goat skin Djembe.  It weighs about 40lb and has a thunderous deep sound.  My hands were sore and red for the rest of the week but I was so happy to make a lot of noise.
We presented her that year with a Senet board we made and she trashed me soundly at it.
And the comments about Khai eating his Butt Make me giggle to this day.  (I had a huge Butt steak at a restaurant for dinner one night and have yet to live it down)

At retreat last year Djedet and I had terrible car trouble and I was stranded in Vancouver WA  for another 9 days after  retreat ended. 
Every night Hemet drove over the 15 miles from Portland to spend time with me each evening.  We went out for dinner, pizza one night, Indian another, Mongolian another and always found a way to work in ice cream or pie for desert. This just shows the kindness and commitment of the lady.  I was happy for the company because a strip motel by the free way is bleak at the best of times  but knowing I was stuck there she went out of her way to make sure my needs were taken care of and that I had company for dinner.

How much is a Home worth.  To me what ever I can give. 
How much is a spiritual leader who can make silly jokes about Mike Myers, teach us things of faith love and strength, work out rituals and prayer and guide us heart and soul? 

To coin a phrase …. priceless

Senebty and love

Khai
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Fundraising Liaison
Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 286967
  • stats Total Topics: 19448
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217