collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Other temples?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Mr awesome357

• Beginner
Other temples?
« on: June 12, 2019, 06:01:40 pm »
I was wandering if there were other temples that are kemetic that may be closer than 200+ miles away so I could visit them.
I live in some part of Missouri so it would be kinda hard to get there anyways with the river being flooded and all. But I did pray to Sobek and he answered by lowering the river by 14 feet but its still above flood stage. I just wanna be able to meet the other people in this community face to face and make close connections. And as badly as I wish my spaceship on my video game was real it isn't but if it was I'd just charge the frameshift
drive and be there in like 40 seconds, but im not sure that your parking would accommodate for a ship that's as big as a cruise liner. ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:02:34 am by Mr awesome357 »
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

Online Djehutyendy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Other temples?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:17:24 am »
Em hotep!

We do not currently have any active temple buildings. Members will periodically organize local gatherings, which are fun. I unfortunately can't think of anyone off the top of my head that lives in Missouri... But I might be wrong!

Senebty,
Endy

Edited to add: I just noticed that this is posted in the Welcome section. There are other sections that would be more appropriate for a post like this, such as Kemetic Orthodoxy Q&A.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:19:04 am by Djehutyendy »
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Mr awesome357

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:10:35 am »
thanks for the assistance and sorry about misplacement i"m new still but want to share my experiences with others.
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:01:13 pm »
There are about 5-6 members and former members in MO.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline KhaiPtah

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 11:49:39 am »
Hotep

Very Few Smaller churches (in the term of a group of like minded worshipers of any Pantheon) have physical structures dedicated for gathering.

The massive financial burden of Purchase, Insurance, maintenance, upkeep and repairs etc is enough to cause many groups to fold. 

We have over the years owned 2 buildings that were used for retreats, gathering and intensives.  However over the years we have evolved into a less centralized and more regional based religion.  (in many ways as Ancient Egypt evolved in the late Middle kingdom)

We (as a congregation) try to hold regional gatherings periodically and Gather for the New Year festival in the first week of August every year.

I can sympathize with the feeling alone.  I live in Utah  there are only perhaps 3 other Members within 250 miles.  The ting to remember is that this Site These Forums are UR church for most of the time.  This is the Church hall where we gather for a cup of Joe and Donuts after services.  It does make seeing each other when we can gather in real life all the more sweet.

Senebty

Khai
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah Her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS). 
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast
Wab Priest For Ptah - Fundraising Liaison

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288068
  • stats Total Topics: 19528
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything