Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 90
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Netjer and good dreams?  (Read 700 times)

Offline Mr awesome357

• Remetj
Netjer and good dreams?
« on: June 15, 2019, 08:52:17 pm »
who would I pray to to help ease my chaotic dreams? I loose a little sleep and sometimes get better nights than others. I was wondering what god I could ask to help me have better dreams.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:01:13 pm by Mr awesome357 »
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

Offline Ituiemhat

• Shemsu
Re: Netjer and good dreams?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 10:58:24 am »
Em hotep!

As someone that deals with chronic nightmares, I can empathize with this. Historically, homes with children would appeal to Bes for relief of nightmares, but I have also found success in praying to Yinepu as well. Though, and this is purely my experience, there are times where He will aid me in facing the reason of why I'm having those nightmares, so a bit of healing as well... and while painful, has never steered me wrong and I feel better for it. :D

There are also some forms of heka you might be able to do, or magic if that is up your alley.

I hope you find some relief, sleeping peacefully is a necessity.

Senebty,
Emhat
𓄂
Sat Ra her Set
☀️ "My Two Fathers Are At The Prow" ☀️
Meryt Djehuty, Renenutet, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer her Bast
Fedw ║ The Twin Halls ║ Tarot

Offline Mr awesome357

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 08:40:44 pm »
How would I perform a Heka? Im new to this practice so I don't know how to give prayers to the gods in some ways.
...Insert text here...

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 02:39:45 pm »
Em hotep!

While I can't speak from any sourced material on this, I find Nebt-het helpful with dreams. Whether I need a dream, or comfort from a bad one.

I think I find comfort with Her, because in dreams we are kind of in the Unseen world in a way. (Well, Maybe not *all* dreams) but given her liminal qualities and protective nature She's been a great help to me.

Senebty!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit-Nebthet her Nut
----
https://duawesir.wordpress.com/

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 02:42:17 pm »
I don't know if you have chronic nightmares or insomnia, but I losing sleep can be the result of many reasons.
Try to go for a walk in the evening, if possible. Make yourself lemon balm or chamomile tea or simply warm yourself a glass of milk and mix some honey inside. It helps a lot. In addition, you might want to consider calming music before you fall asleep. What works for me here is Enya and Peter Crowley who makes fantasy music. I'm not saying it will work for you as well but the point is that music helps.
It really depends on the reason. If you suffer from some kind of disturbance that is beyond everything ordinary, maybe some kind of medicine for sleep will help.

Oh! Ituiemhat reminded me! Ituiemhat, you're awesome! Maybe you can do a simlpe gratitude prayer and ask for pleasant dreams. From my understanding I'd turn to Aset, Djehuty since they have a lot to do with magic and the Duat to where our soul supposedly goes in our sleep, or Bast who for me, brings a lot of inner comfort and peace. Prayers are types of Heka or magic that Ituiemhat mentioned earlier.

I hope it helps and you will have more peaceful sleep soon. In my opinion, in addition to magical rites, it's important not to neglect the scientific reasons for the nightmares. Maybe you're going through a hard period in life right now. In any case, maybe you should consult your family doctor, just in case.

Also, thumbs up to Djedetmiwesir's comment! ^_^ 
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Starseed

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »
I practice some rituals for better sleep coupled with prayers to the Netjer.

The important part is making a habit out of the ritual, and repeating it the same way every night. What you use for your own sleep ritual will have to be tailored to you after trial and error.

In my case my ritual is as follows:
1-2 hours before bed - take an evening walk with my dog.
30 minutes before bed - read for 30 minutes.
Sit in front of my altar and recite my evening prayer.
Fill my aromatherapy machine with the fragrance I specifically use for sleep (and only sleep.)
Spray my pillow with a handmade lavender spritz.
Turn off all the lights - turn on my night light (it casts stars onto the ceiling)
Turn on my sleep audio and set timer to 5 hours (enough time to get into REM.) I use the Relax Melodies app personally.
Crawl into bed and sleep, do not use smartphone/device in bed.

This helps me sleep and keeps my bad dreams mostly in check. These types of rituals should not be a replacement for actual medical help if you have actual health concerns related to sleep.

However, if you experience pretty standard sleeping issues that are not health issue related, creating a routine (aka ritual) around your sleep may help you greatly.

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 07:59:01 am »
There are also some hekau (spells) for sleep in the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook written by Rev. Siuda, if you have some money available.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Mr awesome357

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 08:11:40 am »
I have a little money but am still waiting on a book written by Sir Alan Gardner
...Insert text here...

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291384
  • stats Total Topics: 19800
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything