Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What to do in eclipses and retrograde Mercury?  (Read 488 times)

Offline silvermoon

• Remetj
What to do in eclipses and retrograde Mercury?
« on: July 29, 2019, 03:10:45 pm »
Em hotep, everyone! I'm one of the last new Remetjs from Brazil. I need to know something. Can someone help me, please?

How does Kemetic Orthodoxy face difficult aspects of planets in conventional astrology nowadays? I will mention here the feared retrograde Mercury that will stay like that until the first of August. Retrograde Mercury is thought to cause misunderstandings and delays in communication. How to act in this period of Mercury, for example?

And in other challenging aspects with Pluto and Saturn as there have been recently, for example: are there any Kemetic recommendations?

And eclipses: how should we proceed in, before and after eclipses, such as the recent ones, solar and lunar? Are there any recommendations?

Of course, in ancient Egypt the references to planetary sky and something similar to astrology were different. But what should we do today, according to the KO?

Thank you very much for your help.
Senebty.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:12:52 pm by silvermoon »

Online Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: What to do in eclipses and retrograde Mercury?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 03:27:32 pm »
Em hotep my fellow brazilian sister,

The astrology we know today has been introduced to Kemet in later periods, so they didn't really gave any importance to astrology.

As about the eclipses there are a lot of interest things about it here in the forum, but basically, they are not a good sign for us. I don't know if there's any tradicional thing they would do at the times of the eclipses, but a heka for protection of the eyes of Heru would be interesting.

Senebty,
Hepetwi
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
For short: Hepet or Hepetwi
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Shemsu Liaison

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:56:07 pm »
Em hotep silvermoon,

As far as I am aware retrogrades were not something worried about in ancient Kemet. If you want to do something modern, I would ask Wepwawet to open the way to clear communication and understanding during that time.

For eclipses, they were not auspicious occasions and protective heka would have been done. Unfortunately I do not know of anything specific off the top of my head.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline silvermoon

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:41:42 pm »
Thanks, Zat, for your response.
Your sugestion to ask for help to Wepwawet was very useful. Thank you very much.

And Hepetwi: you are always so kind to explain me 😘💕🙏🏼

Senebty.

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 09:14:39 am »
When in doubt, pray! But seriously, prayers and heka for protection, guidance, etc., are always good plans when something is or feels “off.”
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289051
  • stats Total Topics: 19612
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything