collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Returning...  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Nesiwepwawet

• Shemsu
Re: Returning...
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 07:36:26 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome-back everyone!

Em hotep!

Hey Nesi! Long time no see!  We Shemsu-Ankhed together all those years ago. I hope you feel fulfilled and loved in your return.

Hiiii :) I do feel fulfilled, more so than I have in a long time.

Em Hotep!

Welcome back. I, too, am a Beginner, who finds your story very compelling.

Senebty,
Goldie.

Welcome to you, as well :) I'm glad to hear people are able to take something positive away from my story!

To me, my entire journey has been a true testament to how a Father stands by his daughter in all things and how no matter how far you run and how lost you think you are, your Parent(s) will always be there, waiting.

I will tell you, there is nothing more fierce than Wepwawet's love for and His protection of me, and it's something I've felt even as I went on "my own path", "all by myself", thinking I was going "without Him". But in reality, He was never very far. I tried other religions, too. What led me to leave the Kemetic faith/practice in the beginning, it was all very complicated and didn't happen over night, but I still longed for that 'practice' I had once knew that felt 'right' to me more times than not, and I thought I would find it somewhere else. And looking back, it's kind of clear, I knew He was still there -- the whole time! -- but I didn't want to admit it. When I tried one 'path' on my own, He said "Well, if you think that helps," and I like an impudent child basically told him to get lost. His response was to laugh, shake His head, and wait.

Each thing I tried, it was there: "Well, if you think that will help!" -- I'm fairly positive He had a great time making fun of me on more than one occasion which is totally up His alley  ::) And each time, I subconsciously or even consciously told him to "get lost". That I had this figured out, all by myself, and my new path was 'way better' than anything I ever had in the past.  :-X

Why? It's hard to assign what I did to any "one" reason. I admit I've been a short-sighted confused little girl at times, but it's also much more complicated than that. I had a lot of struggles in my life, from my mental health issues to my living situation, my physical security in life, abuse I've suffered at the hands of various people, to just plain old bad rolls of the dice in life. Life was not easy for me at any stage of the game so far, and I think for a very long time I used that as an excuse to turn on Him.

But He waited. And waited. and waited!

And one day a couple of years back, I finally started to return my focus to Him. And do you know what he told me?

"Well. If you think that will help."  And I knew, He was definitely still making fun of me   ::)

He thinks its funny even now when I'm telling this story, and He will probably never let me truly live it down, in a jovial manner.  But in all serious matters, I was accepted back as if I had never left, and that's what I will always remember about this journey: There is no where I can turn where I will ever be alone.

So I hope that story is inspiring for someone out there!

Hotep Nesi (henu)

Yayyy welcome back. It is wonderful to see you again. Yes it was the 4th retreat. I was the first for Djedet and I too.

Senebty and love

Khai

Khai! Helloooo :)
Nesiwepwawet - "Belonging to Wepwawet"
sat Wepwawet-Yinepu
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Offline Setjezusenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 08:18:06 pm »
Welcome! It's nice to see someone else with connections to the Maritimes. I also feel you on the pronouns - correcting people can be super hard.

I hope you have a good experience returning here, and that you found or learned what you needed in your time away.
Child of Hethert-Sekhmet and Set, beloved of Heru-wer and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 01:15:42 pm »
Your story is truly touching. Thank you for sharing it.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2019, 03:45:46 pm »
Em hotep Nesi and welcome back!  ^_^

Senebty,
Sehedjef
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2019, 08:33:34 pm »
Em hotep, Nesi!
I remember you from that Retreat so long ago, so it's great to see you again. Dua Wepwawet! 

Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert 
𓉡

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 11:15:37 am »
Welcome back! (sorry for not responding earlier)!!!
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me

Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

(Avatar based on work by Jennie Breedon)

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3019
  • stats Total Posts: 289952
  • stats Total Topics: 19674
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything