Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Bad dreams  (Read 222 times)

Offline Senneferet

Bad dreams
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:55:08 am »
I suffer from really bad nightmares and have had a string of them recently. A few nights ago I dreamed I was thinking of applying for the beginners class (I’ve been pondering it for twelve years actually!) and decided to get a divination done to help me decide. The person said I was “not welcome on this path” and then I woke up.

I felt very sad, like Netjer had told me to P off basically. My husband then woke up and said he’d had a strange dream - he almost never remembers his dreams - where I was being painted blue “like in avatar but with gold stars all over you”.

Now I’m stumped. I’m hoping my dream was just a bad dream. Does anyone else have these sort of dreams and it turns out ok? Do you think my husbands dream is relevant with it’s Nut imagery?

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
Re: Bad dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:04:58 am »
Em hotep, Senneferet!

My husband does a lot of dream interpretation and his most helpful advice to me was this:

Everyone in the dream represents an aspect of you. So I suspect that the “not welcome on this path” message is more likely one of your fears rather than a message from Netjer.

Never have I heard that Netjer rejected anyone from following the path to them, nor has anyone been banned from the House without cause (ex. "We just don't like them!"  :o ). If, after taking the beginner's class, you decide that the House is not for you, then that is your choice. Unless you are deliberately harming other members through threats, violence, giving out personal information without permission, etc. then you will be welcomed. :)
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebethet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer

Offline Senneferet

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:42 am »
My brain does have an unfortunate habit of picking things that I worry about and blowing them out of proportion. I’ve been in a self imposed fallow time following the birth of my daughter and have been worrying about it.

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:58:42 pm »
Em hotep!

I can’t add on much to what Asetmehheri has said (or their husband), but I can relate to brain blowing things out of proportion.

It’s led to some odd dreams too! Picking out the weirdest things.

As above, I’ve never heard of someone being rejected by Netjer to follow this path - even then, you found yourself here, right?

I had similar concerns about being rejected to join the Beginners Class - What if I wasn’t good enough, what if I got rejected, what if.. you get the idea!

I know I’m just echoing what’s already been said, but you aren’t alone, and certainly won’t be the last. Brains can be awfully weird things, even now.
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 02:14:38 pm »
No one’s ever gone to RPD and not have a god speak for them. 

Not even me, who has repeatedly questioned whether I’m “supposed to” be Kemetic at all.

I don’t think there’s a supposed to, honestly.  And while I’m not a pure henotheist, I do think that how we as humans see gods says more about us and our cultural contexts than it does about Them. 

The gods are real, but we perceive Them through our own filters.  Those filters aren’t important. The relationship with the divine is what’s important. 

So if you like us and you like the Netjeru ... if Kemetic practice speaks to your heart ...   then don’t worry.  No one, human or god, will turn you away.

Senebty,

Taji
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 02:18:13 pm »
Furthermore... gods have better things to do than appear in the dreams of folks whose worship They don’t want. 

I vote your anxiety on this one.

<3
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset

Offline Storm

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 02:51:16 pm »
Em hotep, Senneferet!

I can’t help you with the dream, but I did recently finish the Beginners’ Class. I can highly recommend it! The teachers are good, the information is good, the quizzes are good, the exercises are useful, and the fellowship with one’s classmates can be fun.

It’s not an induction course or an indoctrination. At the start, you don’t necessarily know whether Kemetic Orthodoxy is right for you. When you graduate, you and you alone get to choose whether or not to be a more full member of the House of Netjer. And even if you choose to join, you’re still not a convert to the religion until later if you choose to become a Shemsu.

It’s all about exploring, exploring, exploring - exploring both Kemetic Orthodoxy and yourself. We can’t tell you if this path is right for you. But nor, I humbly suggest, can you, until you take that first step and apply to join the Beginners’ Class! I think doing that will tell you more than any dream or interpretation. What do you have to lose except a modicum of time?  :)

Senebty,
Storm

Offline Seshenyraheruakhety

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 03:05:46 pm »
My brain does have an unfortunate habit of picking things that I worry about and blowing them out of proportion. I’ve been in a self imposed fallow time following the birth of my daughter and have been worrying about it.

I couldn't help but pick up on this Senneferet...it could be that post-partum hormonal fluctuations are wreaking havoc on your brain/pre-existing anxiety too. I know it did with me. I'm not a doctor, just someone with a similar experience.

I was also nervous applying for the beginner's class, but it was a lovely very low-key experience.

Best Wishes,
Seshenyra
Seshenyra
"Of the lotuses of Ra-Heruakhety"
Daughter of Ra-Heruakhety, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Senneferet

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 03:22:05 pm »
Thank you all for your advice and support, I always feel at home here :)

Seshenyra: it’s funny you mention post partum anxiety. I’ve had another low day of tears today and couldn’t work out if my old depression had reared it’s head, if it’s S.A.D., or baby blues. Time for a trip to the doctors.

In brighter news, husband is taking baby to a dads group on Saturday so I’ve got a few hours to myself. Going to clean shrine and have some time with Them

Offline Seshenyraheruakhety

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 01:28:06 pm »
That's wonderful. It's important to have some restorative you-time. <3
Seshenyra
"Of the lotuses of Ra-Heruakhety"
Daughter of Ra-Heruakhety, Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 01:32:25 pm »
Taking the class is a great way to figure out if this is a path you should take.  The worst that will happen is that you determine it's not a good fit for you, and even so, you will have gained some knowledge along the way.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3019
  • stats Total Posts: 289954
  • stats Total Topics: 19674
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217