collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Names' Theophanies & Weird Sensations  (Read 457 times)

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
Names' Theophanies & Weird Sensations
« on: October 22, 2019, 10:24:29 am »
Em hotep, everyone

This is a bit out there but I was wondering about this for a while but it just occurred to me to make a thread on it. For those who have deities who appear either as an animal or animalheaded, whether you're divined a child of Them or not, do you experience anything similar to supernumerary phantom limbs pertaining to Their theophany/ies? Even if your deity/ies takes a strictly human form, you can answer (I can't think of any Names who don't have an animal theophany?)

I'm mostly asking because I experience sensations of having feathers & bird wings. I even rouse (when birds are comfortable, they will shake and puff out their feathers) and the sensations of the feathers become more prominent. I attribute these experiences to my Bird Dad being associated heavily with, y'know, birds of prey. I rarely have Sha-like experiences but those also happen and they're usually blended with bird stuff (manifesting like some weird gryphon).

I kinda think this may have something to do with energy and influences but I don't know.

Senebty,
Bawy
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet-Yinepu
Call me either Bawy or Bawysudjawi. Thank you.

Offline Shuwyt

• Shemsu
Re: Names' Theophanies & Weird Sensations
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 10:40:34 am »
Em hotep!

I actually have the same thing happen occasionally, but it's never occurred to me to process it through a godfilter - I've always assumed it's due more to my therian I-am-in-the-wrong-body-for-my-species tendancies. I've had feathers and/or wings come through a few times, usually connected to something specific, and they're not always "mine" - I know who they belong to and feel them through proximity. Things that are "mine" tend more to mammalian feathers - dog/cat-like ears, tails, claws... But I'm not sure if that's helpful on any level or not, seeing as it (probably? maybe?) comes from a different place. :/
Shuwytyinepu (Yinepu's Shadow)
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sokar-Wesir her Ra
Curiosity killed the - ooh! What's that?

Offline Sebtuibast

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:21:33 pm »
I've always assumed it's due more to my therian I-am-in-the-wrong-body-for-my-species tendancies.

Its the same boat for me, Shuwyt. Being Therian is the real cornerstone of my spiritual practice - and I usually take the time to initiate a shift (energetic or otherwise) before approaching ritual, offerings, heka and the like. I've found that presenting myself in a more honest and whole way plays into my experience of ritual purity. If I am out of sync with the therioside then I am not fit to approach Netjer.

I've had feathers and/or wings come through a few times, usually connected to something specific, and they're not always "mine" - I know who they belong to and feel them through proximity. Things that are "mine" tend more to mammalian feathers - dog/cat-like ears, tails, claws...

There has been an instance during a healing session that Bast offered their form to me in an invocation type experience. In that case I did experience a shift to more feline attributes, despite there being nothing feline about my theriotype. I suppose the difference here is that the experience was a direct interjection that was only present in the ritual context. I grounded afterward and the shift did not 'stick' like one might expect a theriotype.

I suspect that on a more 'WOO' level Bast is aware that my basic energetic structure is more fluid due to therianthropy - making it easier for her to interact with me through a lens of energetic change / phantom limbs etc.

But this is all UPG so salt is good.
Sat Bast-as-Pahket.
Meryt Sobek, Wepwawet-Yipenu her Bes.

Offline Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:32:15 pm »
I do actually get some “phantom limbs” type stuff fairly often. Large jackal ears that perk to sound or flatten with nerves, thrashy cat tail when someone or something has really annoyed me, long claws to stretch out or that grip in.... curious that it happens to others too! Though I’m not a therian or otherkin, so I’m quite sure mine is purely a sort of “channeling the essence” of my gods. Or maybe just an overactive imagination, who knows ;3
Meset Yinepu
“The Journey of Yinepu"
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hethert-Nut, Bast, her Mafdet
fedw diviner || sau apprentice || Self Care Yinepu advocate

Offline Tawa'ubast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 01:32:54 pm »
This is a very interesting topic.
Outside of my HofN practices, I am a spiritual therianthrope with a Pallas' cat theriotype.  I am also a polymorph, so I can bring on any phantom or mental sensations I want to have for various reasons. 

However, I have not noticed any connection to my lineup vs my own therian experiences, save that of also being feline.  If I'm exploring the astral, I often take on my cat shape though, and I've interacted with the Names in such a form before.  As Sebtuibast said, it's my honest self.
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising Team ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Redietankhesi

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »
i have my own experiences like the others above because of my personal therianthropy and otherkinity, but i can say for certain i have been granted "cameo" forms by deities before - mostly from a source outside of the NTRW. however, i have been granted wings by Horit before, and turned into a lion by Kolanthes. they're not forms i typically feel by will or in relation to my already existing identities, and have been in direct contact with the deities related to them, so i attribute them to theophany.
𓇼 𓅭 𓇼
given ancient life.
call me rediankhesi or redi please!

self care hathor / geb keeper.

Offline Bawysudjawi

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 02:31:22 pm »
I find it interesting that most who replied so far are therians (I am also a therian, though for psychological reasons as I personally can't reconcile it with being K.O.). It's easy for me to tell stuff apart from my own experiences, I am not hawk or Sha or a gryphon-like hybrid of the two. Wepwawet is far closer to what I am which makes things blurry (I remember reading in a book, "Coyote America", that a biologist coming from an unspecified African country to the USA saw a coyote and said that it was a jackal). Even that is easy to separate from me being my wolfish coyote self via gut feeling.

For a while, I did question in depth if me being a coyote was even a thing due to the Wepwawet's theophany being similar, though. I am very thorough when it comes to possible intersections.

i can say for certain i have been granted "cameo" forms by deities before

This actually reminded me. One of the first things Set told me was that I have my rosettes because of him. I believe he gave me a cameo form as you call it and that is a big cat with rosettes as I have persistent cameos of such a thing (which I confused for being a theriotype for a good while as a result). One of Set's theophanies is leopard.
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet-Yinepu
Call me either Bawy or Bawysudjawi. Thank you.

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 02:44:18 pm »
I've gotten various Forms jackal related for years, and have recently begun to branch out into falcon half human/full falcon forms, with an occasional Sha head.

Occasionally I'll do Set's head, and more than once Mark sees a falcon head there at the same time.

I've also experienced Netjer emerging in certain situations, such as when I am in what could quickly turn unsafe, unbidden.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline Teiwaz

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 06:35:14 pm »
I'm newer than new to all of this, but I do feel a kinship to Set.. Sometimes I experience twitch/itch/hair-standing-up "phantom ear" type sensations. I feel like it happens most when I hype myself up for things, like work, that may require more strength than usual.

* Most Recent Topics

topic What's your favorite Holiday?
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Tasedjebbast
Today at 12:29:34 am
topic What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
tewidarma
November 19, 2019, 02:35:29 pm
topic Hi! I'm back
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Emseneteraset