Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 179
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Asetmehheri

• Shemsu
Re: What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 11:06:20 am »
Originally, I was going to just take my time, be Remetj for a couple of years, get the 'lay of the land' so to speak...and then this year's Aset oracle happened and I def got the message "Stop procrastinating!"  At first I thought it was Wepwawet who sent that, but it turned out it was probably Mom (=Aset, as it turned out) who had. :D

So there is no one right true and only way to be a member of the House.
"Aset has concern for/thinks of me"
Sat Aset-Serqet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Nebethet-Nit-Seshat her Heru-Wer

Offline Theillusrationist

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 11:13:48 am »
@Asetmehheri See I have Set calling me “little Shemsu” already and I swear Djehuty wants me to be Remetj and just test stuff out before anything you know and be wise about decisions. And then I’m all conflicted over what everyone is saying because you could easily go from “ok let’s be smart and go slow” or do Set’s route and full throttle it into existence and I swear it is only because he knows I want to be Shemsu. I think I’m just gonna see where I stand at the end of the course. XD thanks for the responses y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sesaiaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 02:35:29 pm »
I have a bit of a different perspective on this, as I spent time not only as a Remetj, but time as a Divined Remetj between my RPD and deciding to take the Shemsu oath. There are plenty of things that will affect your decision whether to take that step or not. For me, I took time between having my RPD done and taking the oath because I wanted to be sure that that was what I wanted and something that I felt comfortable tying myself to.

I very much consider myself a person who is walking two paths with both the guidance of Netjer and the gods of Hatti. I consider myself a bit of an immigrant, an adopted child of the Netjeru rather than one originally born to them. And it took me a while to figure out how I would decide to walk the two paths together. And what I settled on was that I would take the teachings that the gods of my RPD and the people of Kemet have for me and place them first in my life. I will always have a relationship with what I could call my "home" gods, but I also know that they sent me off into another land for a reason, and that reason was that I needed the community that the House has to offer and I needed to learn certain lessons here.

This understanding puts me into the position that many people in antiquity were put into as well, so I try to feel confident that that was the right choice for me. I decided around the time of my RPD to ask a person from antiquity, Maathornefeure (AUS), to help me and guide me through my decisions as another immigrant from the land of Hatti. I also read about a woman who might have been of Central European descent who was found buried with an amulet of Hatmehyt. My Mother has a long history of adopting children into her fold, as many people immigrated from all parts to her home in the Nile Delta. :)

If there is one thing that I think everyone in this thread has hit on, it's that it's absolutely fine to be a Remetj. Remetj are a valuable part of the community and it's far from being just a stepping stone to becoming a Shemsu. I think, if I wasn't pushed by the gods of Hatti to further integrate myself into the community and my Kemetic practice, that I probably would have been happy to remain Remetj for a very long time.
Sesaiaset (Tewidarma) — “Aset makes me wise” or "Aset satisfies me"
Self-care Hatmehyt Advocate
Child of Aset-as-Hatmehyt, Beloved of Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Amun-Ra, and Hethert-Sekhmet
𓎬 𓈰 𓎬

* Most Recent Topics

topic Fundraising and Akhu Project
[[PUBLIC] Fundraising Announcements]
Taswauyinepu
Today at 07:57:07 am
topic WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Nesiwepwawet
December 06, 2019, 06:42:52 pm
topic Post removed: Names' Theophanies & Weird Sensations
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]