Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Are you doing anything for the Moon?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline sundancer

Are you doing anything for the Moon?
« on: January 10, 2020, 06:25:28 am »
It's the full moon here. Are you doing anything to mark it or celebrate it?
Care to share?

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Are you doing anything for the Moon?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:24:52 am »
I made some moon water last night, and I have a bottle sitting in the shrine next to Djehuty! 
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Shaseni

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 05:10:04 pm »
I'm more of a dark-of-the-moon person myself, when the moon once again unites with the sun - perhaps because that's when I was born.
So I rarely start my own activities marking full moon, though I'm happy to join in those of others.  :D
“SHOSS-en-ee.”
Child of Nit and Set.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Heru-wer.
Fundraiser, Sema Ka (Newsletter and Calendar editor), Discord moderator.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 07:53:31 am »
I did a tarot spread. Lots of cards following me, including my significator which my deck has been using as a special message card a lot recently.
Isha (they) | Selene (she)
Meset Wepwawet, Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Reiki Student • Sau Apprentice
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓏣𓋌𓇼

Offline Shukheperas_ankhi

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:17:42 am »
Thanks to Tawa'u, Abet and I also made some moon water!  Both of our jars are hanging out with Djehuty in one of my shrine spaces :)
Sat Khepera her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
☀️ Khepera's sunlight makes me live 🌻
meryt Djehuty her Serqet-Aset
|Discord Moderator|Sema Ka|
|Fedw Diviner|

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:56:30 am »
I’ve been trying to work a lot with my Akhu, lately, and decided to use the lunar cycle to help boost some heka and dreamwork I’ve been doing with that Akhu practice in mind. It was successful, though the messages I received in my dreams were mostly reinforcing things that my Akhu have already communicated in other ways!
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 09:30:36 am »
Em hotep!

I haven't been feeling well lately so I didn't do anything for this past full moon (or even the last couple full moons), but I do normally do something for the full moon as well as the new moon. What I do varies... it could be creating moon water or tarot readings, as others have said. Sometimes I'll treat it as a special day and give Djehuty nice or unique offerings. More often than not, I treat these days as a point of meditation and guidance on things actively occurring in my life. Sometimes I will incorporate some heka into it.

This is 100% my personal take and not Kemetic Orthodoxy teachings: To me, the new moon is a moment of high potential energy whereas the full moon is pure kinetic energy. I also think of the new moon as similar to the Nun, in a way, in that the darkness holds all that is needed for creation to occur, we just need that moment or that push for creation to begin. The full moon is the moment of complete creation. So as the waxing moon heads toward the full moon, I utilize that creative energy. As the waning moon heads toward the new moon, I harvest that energy for the next moment. The on-goings of my life rarely line up to fit into this moon cycle, but I still enjoy thinking about the moon this way.

Senebty,
Endy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:28:58 pm by Djehutyendy »
Daughter of Djehuty | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 11:45:42 am »
What is moon water?
Daughter of Bast-Mut | Servant of the Queen of Heaven

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 08:08:31 pm »
What is moon water?
It is water that has been left out to absorb the energy and magic from the full moon. The details on how this is done can vary by individual practice, and the uses of it also varies by person. But basically that is all it is :)
Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything or just want to talk! (Email: djehutyendy@gmail.com ; Discord: Djehutyendy#5816)

Offline Tarytenyinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 11:26:36 am »
Could anyone share here their methods? I used to do this when I was Wiccan, but I don't identify as Wiccan anymore and would like to explore other methodologies
Taryt En Yinepu "Respect for Yinepu"
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|, Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Djehuty her Montu
--Sau Apprentice--
"The best thing in life is to wake up tomorrow." -- Uncle Jack

Offline sundancer

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 12:14:51 pm »
I'm so excited this thread has allowed so much knowledge and connection to be shared! Please continue. Love to all.

Offline Djehutyendy

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 12:35:37 pm »
Could anyone share here their methods? I used to do this when I was Wiccan, but I don't identify as Wiccan anymore and would like to explore other methodologies
My method is really quite simple. I don't include any herbs or crystals or anything...
I just fill a mason jar (or multiple jars) with clean, filtered water and let it sit (with the lid off) on my balcony throughout the night of the full moon. Outdoor conditions can make this challenging, but I just prefer trying to make it work this way if the weather permits.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298636
  • stats Total Topics: 20476
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything